Mfw the age of unique military combat uniforms are dead

>mfw the age of unique military combat uniforms are dead.
>Everyone is now just a camo'd cunt with a pot on his head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UE55Sxk7_X4
youtube.com/watch?v=UNLpbrTk2cs&t=98s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he would rather wear a bright coloured coat to a battlefield than clothing that reduces your effective target profile

Nonsense!

You could easily identify Americans by their dogged insistence that their camo actually blends into any environment.

It's OK user, there are other unique aspects

And the Chinese marines by their nice blue fatigues.

That camo was designed for the mountains of Afghanistan, and it actually works very well in that specific location. However, it looks utterly retarded anywhere else. Unfortunately, nobody told the Department of Defense that they buy an the army uniform for a specific location without forcing everything else to change as well.

At least the Scots have it together

some people still have some swag left.

Why are Muricans comedy gold in every single thing they try to do?

Well, OP, if you like being an RTS Unique Unit so much, why not join a terrorist/non-state militant outfit?

BASED

How do you say TSUUUUUU in arabic?

Eh it's still a step down from what it used to be

>god dammnit it McMullignafter you didn't tell me it was pants day
>Now I look like a right tart

The uniform retardation is one of the reasons I wound up NOT joining the military after high school. It's a symptom of institutional criminal incompetence/corruption that is beyond appalling and I do not intend to die for it.

The US Military has been in a state of inexorable decline since 2000 and no one, not even President Trump or "Mad Dog" Mattis can fix it at this point.

Expect the next American war to be a devastating defeat, maybe even the one that finally does us in.

There is no way that mannati is an infantryman. I've seen the minimum requirements for entering the USMC, which is like the only arm sending troops anywhere anymore.

>People actually believe this

Yeah, it's sad. Everybody just wears PASGTs and multicam these days.

Except America have been adopting Multicam instead for years now.

He's from the Army, and he's very likely a tanker, or some kind of rear echelon. These guys eat very high calorie meals (as all military personnel are given), but since their jobs revolve around driving, or being static, they don't work off the calories the same way, and therefore get fat.

Is this anime made real?

Why did they stop wearing kilts in battle?

Those have to be U.S. coalition forces. If not I need to know why they wear the pt belts. Was being seen part of their plan?

You'd rather go back to soldiers wearing hats taller than they are ?

I remember one of the issues in World War 1 was that the mud would cake and go hard around the bottom of the kilt. This hardened mud would then dig into the backs of the knees and slice them up.

Admit it, it looks silly

Nah, the damage to ship design is even worse. No more of those beautiful, intimating designs with dragons to the fore, sails with insignia, symmetry. It's all white floating lego bricks.

Based italians keeping it real.

Shakos grew on me a little.

>Halal Madrid
Should've known.

I think it was only very recently when they moved from steel helmets to Kevlar did things go wrong.
Things like the American M1 pot helmet, German Stahlhelm, and others were very unique.

>manskirt
would having a purse be acceptable if ancient scottish clans wore them as well?

But they did and honestly your idea a purse is feminine is a social construct

The Libyan Civil War was a magical time.

Until ISISniggery showed up at least.

That's the old uniform. This isn't 2012.

>would having a purse be acceptable if ancient scottish clans wore them as well?
That's what the furry things on the front are, so yes.

Function over form, nerds.
I too miss the old aesthetics, but if I actually had to choose something based on how it would serve me in combat, no shit I would choose something up to date.

Bullshit.
90% probability these guys got pulled from the IRR during the surges.

These were dudes that let their bodies go to shit because they thought their time in the Army was over.
Unfortunately the Army has the right to force you back into service for a few years after you ETS/Retire if they really need you.

They can't be active duty or even normal natty guard or reserve, because failing PT and HW standards will get you booted ridiculously fast.

isis has some dank af uniforms

Does camo even work during daytime?

As an infantry officer I totally would. I would love to die wearing a fabulous uniform leading my men while waving around an infantry sabre like a jackass.

>Be Chinese marine
>Fall off ship
>Nobody can see you in the water
>Drown
Its okay the US navy also like blue camo.

Paper tiger, looks pretty like Origami.
But paper will always drown in water.

>tfw

I like blue as camo

I hope you plan on exclusively fighting at night or in the ocean then.

How the fuck does he see anything?

Camo is a scam. The best color is dark grey, like shadows.

"no"

Godspeed, you magnificent bastard

Yet I can still identify the military of most countries without needing to see any kind of insignia or flag.

Nobody needs to look unique anymore, just blend into the background. Times change and so does doctrine.

lol wut? First of all the camo works great in deserts like Iraq or Afghanistan, where the US has had two major conflicts since 2001.

I don't really get the "inexorable decline" comment either, the military has always been a shitshow but it's also the most effective shitshow out there. Which in the most basic terms, means it is dominant. More to the point, the Army specifically can be fucked up all it wants so long as it is backed up by USN and USAF logistical and air support. The DoD is very, very, very good at this (moreso than any other nation on earth) which is why the US military is so effective despite it being an adult kindergarden.

(also I will point out that most of the failures in the mideast were due to civilian institutions like the Iraqi provisional government not military ones as was the case in Vietnam)

ALLAH MADRID

It helps that as much as the US armed forces are a shitshow, everyone else is ten times as bad as we are.

Focusing solely on pragmatism was the death of military aesthetics
Only planes come close to being aesthetic now.

>Only planes come close to being aesthetic now
*blocks your path*

B-But at least cold war planes were the pinnacle of modern military aesthetics

youtube.com/watch?v=UE55Sxk7_X4
youtube.com/watch?v=UNLpbrTk2cs&t=98s

But this has always been the case.

Military gear was always based not only on functionality, but also on the dominant culture of the time.

After colonization by the Industrialized West, everyone of course follows their way of war. But before, you had Europeans wearing the same kinds of armor, Middle East and Central Asians riding on Iranic/Steppenig shit, Indo-Persian armor in Persia and India, and Chinese getups in Mainland East Asia.

contd. If anything, I have no qualms over combat gear. It's practical.

Dress Uniforms however, fuck that shit. Especially outside the western world. Everyone looks like a western officer with the meme slacks, meme tunic, meme pussy hat, meme beret, meme combination caps.

Why do the chinks LARP as US Navy officers anyways?

I dont think the USN wears white.

Or has riding pants.

They do wear white, but the rest isn't that similiar.

Leave it to the steppe man to make the difference

Oh ok.

Those shoes are really putting me off.

Repealing DADT was a big day for you wasn't it?

I don't see the problem. That's an amazing looking robot.

It's always down to special forces to keep aesthethics alive.

USMC desert and woodland uniforms (US Navy personnel attached to Marines get them too) are actually pretty good, enough that other countries use it as a standard. I heard from combat veterans that they would mix the two uniforms together to break up their profile at the distance Afghanistan. The problem is that the Corps is incredibly petty about who gets to use it and went ahead and stamped USMC all over so the Army can't use it. Instead of being a bunch of children about it, we should've shared the cammies with the Army. That being said, I think the Marines could hold up their end of the deal in the next real war we haev to fight

That said, we still had some pretty good looking uniforms not even 50 years ago.

>he thinks camouflage is supposed to blend in with the background and make you invisible like predator

>stand out like an AntiPredator
>"Multicam totally works guys xDDD"

Developing navies modeled themselves after the best navy of the era
Britain -> US

I can't find any pics of a modern soldier wearing a trenchcoat, but I know they're still in use somewhat, or at least they were 30 years ago. And they are aesthethic as fuck.

USA uses them in their cold weather dress uniforms.

Multicam does work.
That's why almost every SOF group in the world uses it.

>implying they're not buying it just to enrich beast known as the Military-Industrial Complex

I guess that's why various Russian special forces personnel buy multicam and other western gear with their own payroll, yes?

My guess would be shrapnel

holy fuck this picture is so aesthetic
>ywn be a soldier during the napoleonic wars pre-1812, sleeping under the stars and sharing songs and stories at night with your comrades around the fire as you prepare for your next inevitable victory under the emperor
>ywn be garrisoned in some small town along the rhine with a small peasant family and their beautiful daughter
>ywn capture a standard in battle and present it to the emperor himself
>ywn feel the pride and joy of receiving the legion of honor from the emperor as he looks in your eye and shakes your hand

Don't know about Afghanistan, but in Iraq we would give "friendly" militias the pt belts to identify them as friendly. Haven't heard how well it worked out.

Chinese actor dressed as a general in the Beiyang Army (one of the armies of the Qing that were modernized, and later went on to be a major power broker post-revolution).

They should be working out great. That's what the PT belts are for.

I think you're confusing Universal Camouflage Pattern with MultiCam

>which is like the only arm sending troops anywhere anymore
Are you retarded.
Restrepo was the most contested of any outpost in Afghanistan and it was full of 101st boys.

Shit, I meant 173rd

>Function over form, nerds.

Nah, I'll stick with the old aesthetics. The shit we made during the late-Cold War was intended for an actual war and was built to last and be economically feasible to produce on a mass scale if necessary.

Just about everything post-2000 except maybe for drones is either too expensive to produce on a large scale or is overpriced garbage made to enrich contractors above all else.

t. google how bad IOTVs are compared to their predecessor, the IBA, and they're several times more expensive.

Both are shit and were completely unnecessary.

We should've just stuck with the BDU. Issuing multiple camouflage uniforms for different services is literally something no other remotely competent military on this planet does and with good reason. It fucks the logistics system and can create confusion on the battlefield.

t. start of the Civil War. Friendly fire incidents were rampant because the state militias were all using different equipment, including blue uniforms in the Confederate Army and grey ones in the Union Army.

>Just about everything post-2000 except maybe for drones is either too expensive to produce on a large scale or is overpriced garbage made to enrich contractors above all else
Wrong, there's also the F-35
Also I did a quick google and found nothing on your claim that IOTV's are "worse" than IBA's.
In fact, I heard the opposite, that IOTV's were lighter than IBA's, while offering more coverage. Would you provide a source for your claim

>Both are shit and were completely unnecessary.
Yes, nothing like M81 Woodland in a desert to really break up your shape.

That's what the DCU was for you dumbass

>Foot Clan division of Pussy Riot

>because failing PT and HW standards will get you booted ridiculously fast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......(inhales)......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!