Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/f7V2pN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money is a scam

>tfw your ETFs are nothing but positive growth

Quit being a retard and listening to penny stock memesters

Uh huh.

What app is that? It's slick

Here is the thing they don't really teach you.

There are "bears" and "bulls" but both are using legal market tactics to try to gain an edge. Negative reports to try to get the stock to go down, to short it, and bulls will go to the positive news and try to sell it at its highs.

In the middle are the dividend holders who don't really (or shouldn't) care about market volatility.

There is no magic way to invest, only smart steps to minimize your losses and maximize the potential of gains. Going "all in", picking less than 20 stocks as a portfolio, or becoming emotional is a great way to fail or get burned by the market. Don't listen to a specific report, build up your own research, read over all the data, read tons of books on guidelines for investing, but not ones that promise you the world.

The smart money follows what investment firms and corporations invest in but you can't time the market without insider trading so the best thing you can do is read the patterns and expect a few mistakes along the way as you learn. Just keep each investment to 1% of your income until you are more experienced.

I decide to finally buy the index meme, investing into a collection of Vanguard indices that track the DJIA and S&P500, and the fucking things JUST happened to shed 5 fucking percent, for no goddamn reason.

Fuck stocks.

>worrying about 5%

Pikz?

Emotional response. Take a neutral look at it. Does a 5% loss in a single week of an entire year, or 10 years really mean anything when the market always has bounced back and for thousands of percent higher over the last several hundred years?

>picking less than 20 stocks as a portfolio
>not having 6 max

You must not be that smart if you lack complete confidence in your individual picks.

I've had a very successful few years across my 4 accounts
For the first time ever im going to go all in on 1 stock, AMRS.
35k worth.
I'll be holding for 2 to 10 years, expecting quadrouple sooner rather than later.

Sounds smart.

I think he is talking about average people. They are best served by spreading as much as they can (up to a reasonable amount)

And by the way, anyone who wants to improve, join the Xavier's room
It's where all of the best traders from biz have disappeared to
discord.gg/f7V2pN

I don't see a problem with smaller portfolios because you can dedicate more resources and time monitoring each of them. But for most people they can't handle that.

I don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed when I see a redditors Robinhood account and they have 200 dollars spread across ten different stocks and ETFs.

dia and spy havent had a downtick since last year, what are you talking about?

Money talks

Waaa

>tfw lowered 401K contribution months ago thinking the top was about to be reached

Now about to start catching up on the company match going into the end of the year. Expecting a huge correction because why not. Oh well, still up almost 20% year over year and retirement is a long way away.

what app

Robinhood. The charting is actually awful.

I made 11.5% from my overall investment in the ASX last year.
This is calculated as:
a = total cost to buy everything
b = total capital gain sales + dividend returns

B/A =x%

The ASX itself grew 13%, so technically I underperformed compared to the market... but my calculations only consider actual sales and divs that came in as money. Everything else is irrelevant and simply need to hold until it reaches sell point.

This is how broke faggots become millionaires. Memestocks and coins can get fucked.