XMR

If you hadn't bought any yet....

The time to buy Monero is NOW!

This is going to be THE private coin.

Don't buy high again Veeky Forums...

I will buy some but why not wait a couple days at least? Alts will be cheap as hell after BTC hardfork.

dipshit

Alts are pretty cheap right now.. There's a good chance Monero is going to bounce upwards from here seen the chart.

why not just hold btc and convert to monero as necessary?

you stupid? You can't wait a couple days and get your altcoin for dirt cheap prices?

There's no guarantee of that

BTC is definitley going down and when it tanks everything else will tank with it. All these coins require BTC to buy. Why not just wait? I'm genuinely curious.

bitcoin is not guaranteed to go down. i think anything larger than a 10% loss for a couple hours following the fork is unlikely

Are you new or something? The alts can and have dropped much lower in a shorter period of time.

not to mention its a ponzi that could collapse any second making all altcoin worthless exept the ones with real world use

I like Monero but I envisage Zcash investors will choke it out. All it takes is Fred Erhsam to introduce it on coinbase and it will kill Monero

Zcash has a back door that allows the developers to trace purchases. One of the devs tweeted this.

Monero is truly untraceable

i hate this meme

And the devs take a 20% of what you've mined

t. Zcash bagholder

Private:
Monero uses a cryptographically sound system that allows you to send and receive funds without your transactions being publicly visible on the blockchain. This ensures that your purchases, receipts, and other transfers remain private by default.

Untraceable:
By taking advantage of ring signatures, Monero enables untraceable transactions. This means it's ambiguous which funds have been spent, and thus extremely unlikely that a transaction could be linked to particular user.

Unlinkable:
To accompany and enhance the ring signatures/ untraceability, monero uses ring confidential transactions (RingCT) to hide transaction amounts as well.

Fungible:
Every Monero remains equal and identical to any other Monero. It is the property of a digital asset whose units/value are capable of mutual substitution no matter what historical transactions occurred in the past.

>inflationary

We need a better competitor than Monero and Zcash desu

3. Reduced inflation .
Monero had a pretty quick emission curve, but that has a positive side effect: reaching acceptable inflation rates pretty soon.
YEAR----------------YEARLY INFLATION
2015----------------65,80%
2016----------------25,68%
2017----------------12,87% -- Similar to DASH (12.69%) and Litecoin (12.5%)
2018----------------7,07% -- Under DASH (10.55%) and Litecoin (11.11%)
2019----------------4,06% -- Similar to Bitcoin (3.97%)
2020----------------2,38% -- Under bitcoin (2.63%)
2021----------------1,42%
2022----------------0,91% -- Tail emission kicks in somewhere this year

It's not that bad at all and it doesn't mean that it can't moon because of that

monero is not going down anymore
there was a huge sell off recently when that recent pump happened. All those investors are looking for it on the cheap and they aren't going to find it as this coin has a practical (though unethical) foundation that ain't going away chimps

Why does it need a tail emission? Also the dev is highly unprofessional. I remember his joke announcement to affect prices. It won't get mainstream used because "fluffypony" is a social retard

>privacy
>unethical

wut

unsavory lets put it that way

>bunch of online drug sites are getting shutdown which used monero
>buy now!

Idiot

>theses sites were shutdown because of Monero
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

You're the idiot

Tail emission is there due to dynamic blocksizes and is still less than the estimated rate of coin destruction due to various reasons

Also
>fluffy
>dev

You should really get your fud straight. He's a code maintainer, and an ass, but not a developer.

its not a meme dumb dumb, the dev said that, if its not it will be very soon backdoored.

Speculation

Monero is the future

we are the moneromarines

Should I put 1000 in it and maybe another grand in another coin? That's all I have right now, is it a good time to buy?

if you are planning on holding for years, sure
if not, no,

I'd rather buy pivx or even verge than monero

last time i checked you can link almost all monero transcations, and it doesn't even have a coin mixer

even fucking dash have a coin mixer and that's a legitmate scamcoin

Holy shit, please read a little bit more about Monero before posting about it again.

Sometimes I forget that the people who post their fucking opinions on Veeky Forums are this willfully ignorant.

not to mention its PoW, which in itself makes it very centralized

Why?

No.

Yes.

short term is far more risky than long term. zoom out on charts

Holy shit the level of idiot on display here. Seriously, don't buy monero. Stay with your non-user coins. We don't want you

it's not a meme because you said it? Give the link to the tweet or something
inb4 u can't