No poverty

>no poverty
>no slavery
>no internal conflicts for thousands of years
>built structures "experts" still can't comprehend thousands of years later
>proto-command economy
>unbelievable arts and culture

Why was Ancient Egypt so advanced, and why does no other society from the same era come even close?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/11/great-pyramid-tombs-slaves-egypt
wikiwand.com/en/List_of_largest_cities_throughout_history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_numbers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tally_marks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf is wrong with you?

go actually read their history

It was their advanced BLACK genetics that made it possible.

Us white bois should be glad that our women are letting those precious qualities mold ourselves into something even a fraction as good as they.

Name a society comparable to Ancient Egypt from the same time period.

Assyria, duh.

The reason is simply that every generation truly is literally worse than the last

Babylon, Minoan Crete

>Name a society comparable to Ancient Egypt from the same time period.
Sumerians

None of those are contemporary to the pyramids
lol

>no poverty
Almost everyone was "poor", insofar as they weren't starving but all their time was consumed in either maintaining their crops or being enlisted on some back-breaking public works project
>no slavery
lol
>no internal conflict for thousands of years
>lol
>structures experts can't comprehend
The pyramids are incredibly simple. They required astounding organization of labor and pinpoint measurements but there's nothing about their nature that baffles experts
>proto-command economy
Pretty sure their economy was the same as everywhere else but someone in the know can rebuke me on that
>unbelievable arts
Not really, their only real contribution to posterity were the human body proportions. It had great staying power internally though. I guess I'll give you the culture, again for the sheer longevity

Sumerians were more advanced than egyptians tough

You're techically right, Minoan civilization predates the pyramids

Yup. People need 2 lrn bout Ziggurats

Not just that, first discovered wheel and writting

I actually think this board might be worse than /pol/

This is /tv/ tier shitposting

>Sumerians were more advanced than egyptians tough

In what department?

I'm curious lol

Egyptians had incredibly more advanced architecture and art (both statues and paintings)

>no poverty
Wealth is probably distributed in about the same proportions in all places and all times through history. As for poverty, plenty of malnourished Egyptian bodies have been found.
>no slavery
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
>no internal conflicts for thousands of years
Stop trolling.
>built structures "experts" still can't comprehend thousands of years later
This is a serious message board.
>proto-command economy
Pretty much.
>unbelievable arts and culture
It has been quite influential.
>Why was Ancient Egypt so advanced
Aliens
>why does no other society from the same era come even close?
I'm not sure how to answer this because their neighbors and they were usually at technological parity.

>Minoan civilization predates the pyramids

No, it doesn't, wikipedia stretches it because there were some proto urban settlements (like a few thousands peoples shapeless citadels) around Helladic Grece here and there but that's it.

The stuff the Minoans are famous for: their large palace xomplexes, frescos, large fleet, writings etc all dates back to after the pyramids

All the Frescos they're famous for were amde around the middle bronze ages (1900-1500 bc), same goes for most palaces, the huge ones like that at Knossos were build and made much larger and complex around the same period, same for the writings and other complex buildings

Ziqqurat are shit compared to Egyptian pyramids (which predate ziqqurats by the way), let alone Egyptian temples

>in what department
Engineering, mathematics and astronomy to name a few

Egyptians didn't use well-sweeps for centuries after Mesopotamians did, same goes for lathes. Their astronomy was a bad imitation of Babylon's and much more inaccurate. Their math was cumbersome, though they probably invented written unit fractions. Their architecture was massive but simple, it didn't require any complex math.

theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/11/great-pyramid-tombs-slaves-egypt

>Egypt's chief archaeologist, Zahi Hawass, said the finds show the workers were paid labourers, rather than slaves.

Egyptian "slavery" is yet (((another))) fake history hoax.

>Zahi Hawass
What's next, Giorgio Tsoukalos? Anyways, slavery is an elastic term. Some slaves in ancient times lived better than free men centuries later. There were absolutely slaves in ancient Egypt, even if the pyramids predate the institution

>there were some proto urban settlements
So it does predate the pyramids.

Mesopotamian structures were from earth and hundreds of conquerors went through mesopotamia, so much less was preserved.
But things such as earliest writing, wheel, first cities, some of earliest cities, first numeral system and so on.
Their cities were largest for their time establishing colonies as far as Syria in 29th century BC.
They traded with peoples from Indus valley to Egypt, brought civilization to Hattians (asia minor), mastered metal earlier than egyptians.
And they did all of that in conditions far harder than egypt, which had better soil along large slow river, with desert keeping barbarians away, while sumerian city states had to continously fight between each other and barbarians from all sides of the world, on much less fertail soil.

egyptology is the fraud

>Engineering

Considering how Egyptian buildings are incredibly much more complex and monumental I will have to say no

>well sleeps

You gotta be fucking kidding me, this is grasping at straws in its purest form

>lathes

Yeah you're talking prehistory here, again, grasping at straws

>Babylon

404 Sumerians not found

>mathematics

Again, non Sumerian

Meanwhile Egyptian statuary was superior and the architecture was much more imposing and beautiful

Yeah, a few glorified villages doesn't compare to old kingdom Egypt, sorry

>lathes
Is that true? Google says they were first used in Egypt.
>building the great pyramids was the only act of labor ever exerted in Egypt
Think first then type.

>404 Sumerians not found
babylon was literally a sumerian city state, are you retarded?

>much more complex
they aren't
>monumental
That's not a quantifiable term
Also how is listing specific inventions that the Egyptians took centuries more to acquire grasping at straws?
>lathes
>prehistory
Egyptians didn't have them until the Hellenistic period

>first used in Egypt
Absolutely wrong. We have evidence of lathes from Middle Sumer

>But things such as earliest writing, wheel, first cities, some of earliest cities, first numeral system and so on.

The first numbers ever used go back to the paleolithic so it's safe to say Egyptians developed them indipendently, especially considering that they used a different base system than mesopotamians

>Their cities were largest

Barely, at times Egypt had bigger cities

>They traded with peoples from Indus valley to Egypt

And Egyptians traded with people from Ethiopia to Greece, so?

>with desert keeping barbarians away

Yeah, sure, it's not like the North African and Levantine desertic areas were full of nomadic warring tribes such as the Lybians and the Amorites/Hyksos, right?

>not quantifiable

Egyptian temples are much bigger than Sumerian ones, and more imposing and architecturally complex, same goes for the Egyptian pyramids vs Ziqqurats

>there were numbers before Egyptian civilization so it's safe to say they developed them independently
this is some new form of retardation

>from Ethiopia to Greece
So, like, 2000 miles? Damn impressive

>North Africa
>Full of anything
>Hyksos
>North African

Hastily CTRL+Fing Wikipedia is not conducive to good trolling

In what way are Egyptian temples more complex than Sumerian ones?

>The first numbers ever used go back to the paleolithic so it's safe to say Egyptians developed them indipendent..
Both Mesoamericans and Chinks did it too, but still Sumerians were first

>Barely, at times Egypt had bigger cities
wikiwand.com/en/List_of_largest_cities_throughout_history
look at the third millenium bc

>And Egyptians traded with people from Ethiopia to Greece, so?
We are talking third millenium bc, Greece at that time were tiny villages, Ethiopia argument was fair.

>Yeah, sure, it's not like the North African and Levantine desertic areas were full of nomadic warring tribes..
Hyskos/Amorites were semites from second millenium bc, long after Sumerians were gone, desert tribes at that time had no horsese or camels so they were not able to mount any large scale raids, Mesopotamian were on all sides except south surrounded with densely populated lands with warlike groups such as Gutians, Akkadians and Elamites

>it's safe to say Egyptians developed them indipendently
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>this is some new form of retardation

They had a different base system, hey clearly developed them indipendently

>Hyksos
>North African

I never implied that, you might wanna learn to read

>So, like, 2000 miles? Damn impressive

Yes, very impressive considering that they were the ones who had to travel there all the time while the Indus people were the ones who traveled westwards the most, also it's also roughly 2000 miles from Pakistan to Mesopotamia, so I have to ask, are you retarded or just baiting?

Sumerians were never unified enough to make such grand projects, Persians made greater palaces and temples than Greeks, but few will say that they were greater civilization.

>Persia made greater temples than Greeks

Um... no.

>the pyramids are all of Egypt

Leftypol, ladies and gentlemen

Different base system to whom? Prehistoric men? How do you know what their base system was?

You implied North Africa and the Levant were "full" of hostiles like the Hyksos (lol), and Amorites (quadruple lol)

>Indus people were the ones who traveled the most
Who gave you that idea?

>Distance from Pakistan to Mesopotamia
But not the distance from Pakistan to Egypt which is what was written. You are definitely severely retarded

>We wuz numberx and shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_numbers

Basically every civilization had a ponderal system, let alone fucking numbers, the only people who don't have numbers are like a few isolated tribe of hunter gatherers in Amazonia and even most of them have at least a few numbers

Anyone with agriculture had to learn how to count obviously, but we have evidence of paleolithic peoples knowing how to count too

Please name one grand Greek temple before Alexander besides Pantheon.
Achamenid Emperors dragged artisans from greece to build Persepolis, Babylonian ziggurat was 100 meters tall, temples from Susa to Phoenicia were famed for their great wealth through known world.
Second most powerful greek city state was backwater of no more than 100 000 people.

It's so obvious you're baiting for Yous by quickly typing shit in Wikipedia, scanning a few rows and then pasting the links here. Read an actual history book, you might learn something

>sumerian city state
It was Akkadian.

You are time and time proved wrong m8, I hope you are just trolling

>Dobrovody
>Maidanetske
>Talianki
>

Yes, the Amorites and/or Hyksos came from the Levant, you retarded fuck, where do you think that Amurru is?

North Africa was full of Nomads, the Lybians (Libu) were dangerous and often attacked Egyptians and even managed to conquer after the new kingdom

>Who gave you that idea?

The fact that we have more Indus V artifacts in Mesopotamia than viceversa

>But not the distance from Pakistan to Egypt which is what was written.

And?

Egyptians traded with Anatolians/Assyrians to the North and Ethiopia tot he south, two can play that game, also that trading competition game you came up with sounds almost as retarded as you are.

Are you seriously claiming Sumerians invented numbers?

You are brain dead, stop posting and ask for retardationbucks

That are Neolithic fantasies from some retarded Ukrainian, but it is consensus that Uruk was first city with more than 50 000 people and that Mesopotamia at that time was most densely populated place in World.
Egypt was far more rural.

>uncivilized garbage
What's the point? If we're arguing by metric of size then I guess those agricultural spots were better than Athens.

Not numbers, first numeral system.

you're an idiot

>Uruk was first city with more than 50 000 people

idgaf

Just the fact alone that you're comparing Libyan camel fuckers who raided 20 caravans with Mesopotamian nomadic invaders tells me someone else feeds you semi-solid foods three times a day.

>>no slavery

>It was Akkadian.
Akkad was also a Sumerian city state. Once again, are you retarded?

I never said that, your retardation is flaring up again

You are fucking retarded constantly proven wrong by people with far more knowledge, but you still go on
. is enough to prove how retarded you are.

>Please name one grand Greek temple before Alexander besides Pantheon.

Are we seriously doing?

For real?

It didn't have to end like this, you could still have feigned some dignity, Greek temples date back to the 7-6th century bc

At least PRETEND to know what you're talking about, you could have done a quick google search before humiliating yourself like this

Pic related is one of the most iconic Greek temples and is from Sicily (Agrigenitum), 5th century bc, but there are similar older ones

Paestum, 6ht century bc

you are trash tier, those sites predate the Athenian city state by over 3000 years and were part of an absolutely massive unified cultural horizon covering most of the Balkans

you are attempting to compare an Iron age society with a Copper age society and failing hard you loser

I know this will fall on deaf ears but PLEASE stop giving him (You)s, it's what he lives for. He will probably kill himself if he doesn't get them. He was feeling bored, decided to say some retarded shit on Veeky Forums and then to bait people further by quoting irrelevant Wikipedia articles

Basically stop feeding the troll. Sage

wow you are really dumb. It's why do you thought OP even knows about anything before 4000 BC.

>urnfield

Stop talking you retarded wewuzzer, the urnfield culture was born around 1400 bc, like two thousand years after the Cucuteni were gone

>Akkad was also a Sumerian city state
No, it wasn't. By the time the Akkadians came Sumer was near dead and was easily conquered by them. Akkadians along with Babylonians and Assyrians were Semites. The Sumerians were not. Although Sumer influenced them greatly the only continuity it had among those Semitic states was it's language. Are the Romans Greek since they widely spoke Greek and were heavily influenced by them?

are you dyslexic? Try reading my post again.

>unified

Sumerians didn't come up with a numeral system first:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tally_marks

And theirs is different from the Egyptian's, so, again, shut the fuck up before humiliating yourself any further

That's good advice that is too often ignored. Have a you for your effort.

Selinunte, 5th century bc

>workers on the pyramids were paid
>slaves therefore couldn't be used anywhere else in Egypt
the workers were probably paid to make sure the project was finished in an efficient fashion. the pyramids/tombs were seen by themselves as their greatest accomplishments during ancient Egypt

Another temple for Paestum, 6th century bc

Segesta, 5th century bc

amazing what aliens could do 5000 years ago

I hardly come here and I find myself thinking the same thing.

summerians, harappa culture, china, olmecs

I oftentimes post complete sarcasm and people take me seriously. Granted it's the internet and you can't read tone through text or know intention but I usually leave subtle indicators about the fact that i'm being sarcastic or purposefully exaggerating something.

some guy here accused this thread of being /pol/ tier shitposting but this comment is even to retarded abd cringy for /pol/

Pretty sure the twelve year olds have leaked into Veeky Forums

The greeks made a ton more revolutionary architecture than just temples

also architecture doesn't measure a civilization, the greeks are mostly known for their literature, filosophy an antromorphic mythology which spread during the hellenistic era.

please go away

Yakob had yet to invent the white man, and his evil had yet to manifest

>olmecs

the pyramids are from 2600 bc, the olmecs from like 1000-500 bc, that's almost 2000 years of difference and they're not really comparable

>harappa culture

Cute but not close to the greatnesst of Egypt

>china

Lol, they didn't even have writings in 2600 bc, no monuments or art worth noting, probably not even cities

>sumerians

somewhat close to them but inferior architecturally and artistically wise

Evidence of paid workers is not evidence against slavery.

George Washington paid some of his workers, he still had slaves.

>no slavery
OY VEY ANUDDA SHOAH