Are modern historians doing enough to teach blacks about their true heritage or is history still a whitewash?

Are modern historians doing enough to teach blacks about their true heritage or is history still a whitewash?

Not to sound racist, but there really isn't much to boast about South of the Sahara.

they never teach them about the mali, ethopia, or the Zulu. Instead they focus only on slavery and segregation. the rest they make up "we wuz kangs"

>dear kinds, your ancestors used to live in mud huts on early iron age level of tribal society, they did neither invent nor build nor write anything noteworthy ever.
>then other, slightly more advanced black people captured your ancestors as slaves and sold them for little money to Europeans who shipped them to the new world and worked them hard on the farm.
Negro history is so simple.

>they never teach them about the mali, ethopia, or the Zulu
I learned about all these groups

>implying
East African history is pretty interesting bruh

in the public school system? I doubt it

I at least learned about Ethiopia and Mali. Perhaps my memory is rusty though as it's been some years.

Didn't the blacks in America come from West Africa, far away from Ethiopia or the Zulus? This racial-based heritage is stupid. It's like an Australian with parents from Sweden being proud of the history of Spain.

Also I'm fascinated by this "we wuz kangs" bullshit. Even if you came from Egypt (lol) your ancestors were not royalty.

When I was in high school they thought it was deemed more worthy to learn about the Jazz musicians in Harlem than the African kingdoms I shit you not.

Feminism its the same shit, you learn about Amelia Earhart and a couple of other miniscule activists instead of learning about Catherine the great or queen Victoria.

I swear liberals go out of their way to dumb down their own flock just like the religious right does.

African history is like a female soccer match. You watch it out of courtesy at best, but really it is uninteresting compared to the real deal.

That's true for ancient African history.

Modern African history is more like a car crash.

I'm American and when I was in school, they were never even mentioned. That could partly do with the fact that in high school I opted out of World Civ to take a college level class on European history, but even earlier in middle school when multiple cultures where brought up in social studies, I remember learning about the crusades, Ancient Greece, feudal Japan, China, etc. I don't even remember us glossing over Africa unless it had to with the slave trade.

I find it telling that the only people I ever hear talk about black Egyptians are White racists. Go to any black guy on the street and he will have given no thought in his entire life as to the racial identity of ancient Egyptians.

WE

Go to YouTube, and search for 'ancient egypt', and read through the comment sections of any video that you find. Now tell me that you still believe it's a neo-nazi conspiracy. I dare you. It will take 5 minutes to try this.

Yeah, and exactly 0 European owned slaves came from East Africa

Who cares? Black is black

They do. This is why the left is so opposed to education reform. That and they have massive union connections.

Liberals don't oppose education reform, but instead right-wing plots to turn our school system into a for-profit enterprise

this

Arab and Indian owned slaves did though. If that'll make you feel better

The Greeks didn't call Egyptians black. They exclusively referred to Ethiopians as black.
The myth of Arab displacement of Black Africans is just that
Except that Africa is the most genetically diverse place on Earth in terms of Humans.

A Nubian or an Ethiopian are not the same as a Bantu Tribesman.

>right wing shitters attempt to gut school systems and replace them with vouchers that only pay enough for a religious education, and funnel money to executives instead of children
>left wing shitters take said right wing shitters, and use them as an excuse to justify their shitty school systems in places like New Jersey
>schools remain fucked, because nobody votes in school board elections, or actually participates in the various political and social mechanisms intended to provide good education

It makes sense. Modern African-Americans are basically their own ethnic group, and the history of that ethnic group begins in North America.

>When I was in high school they thought it was deemed more worthy to learn about the Jazz musicians in Harlem than the African kingdoms I shit you not.
And people wonder why Americans are so historically illiterate? Liberalism was a mistake. William F. Buckley Jr. supposedly was shocked to learn that more Americans knew who Harriet Tubman was than Joseph Stalin.

>Modern African-Americans are basically their own ethnic group, and the history of that ethnic group begins in North America.
That's like saying Boers history begins in South Africa. I agree that African-Ameriacans are their own ethnic group with their own deep identity (pic related) but they aren't so far removed that they should reject their West African roots all around. It's only been a few centuries after all.

Yeah, and African Americans are not descended from them.

If you want to teach them about their history, you begin with the Bantu or the Mandinka or whatever else.

In general places like Ethiopia are avoided because of their heavily religious involvement. I mean, the Ethiopian monarchy traced itself back to Solomon

>it's only been a few centuries
and they were completely isolated from their ancestry up until the modern age of information. Even when the United States attempted to have Black Americans colonize Liberia, very few actually went. On a side note, Liberia wasn't doing too bad for a while because the Black Americans took over the government, but then once the natives started fighting them and taking control of the government, everything became shitty.
My point is, they've been so culturally isolated from their West African roots that the only things linking them back to Africa are their skin color and some of their physiology. The rest is a result of them being completely isolated in White American culture and historical events that had influence on their ethnic identity.

Hmb. That actually doesn't sound very healthy.

>vouchers
>bad
Who the fuck would want their kid to go to one of those shithole public schools run by teachers unions that will defend pedophiles and incompetent retards to the death

All I see is a bunch of WE WUZ KANGS, /pol/tards making fun of something that is not even a commonly held opinion.

Certainly children should know more about timbuktu than the fact that it is exceptionally far away