Why does christianity still perport it self as monotheistic?

why does christianity still perport it self as monotheistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti
youtu.be/KQLfgaUoQCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pelagian, and other non trinitarian sects do exist, user.

Because Christians believe in one God
duuuuh

honest question here, i'm not religious nor do usually don't post in religion threads, but what's the problem with the holy trinity if their all supposed to be the manifestation of the same entity?

Some Abrahamic religions have harder times with abstract concepts than others.

Islam is basically an arabized epitome of Christianity with Muhammad's daily advice tacked on after

They are not manifestations.
You MAY say that in some way Son in a manifestation of Father, as an Image and His Word.
Also Spirit MAY be taken as a manifestation of Father and Son. But it's complicated.
However Father isn't any manifestation of anything "higher". Father is the Godhood, the monarchy.

The Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Father Begets the Son. The Spirit proceeds from the Father and rests upon the Son.

Three persons, one being.

The Father is like the mind, and the Spirit is the life within the mind, knowing the thoughts of the mind. The thought that has always been in the Fathers mind, is the Logos, the Word.

Mary is the mouthpiece. The eternal Logos was born in time as the Word made flesh.

Every man has life, has a mind and has thoughts.

Nous, Pnuma, Logos.

God is love.

The Lover giving Himself to the Beloved in the Spirit of Love.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, one God, world without end. Amen.

its not three beings, the trinity is one god

god is the father the son and the spirit, they are not separate.

Why do Atheists have such a hard time grasping the simple concept of the trinity? Are they being willfully ignorant just to get a rise out of Christians?

Kinda related question, how similar is Christian concept of trinity with Hindu's Trimurti? ;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti

>The Trimūrti (/trJˈmʊərti/;[1] Sanskrit: त्रिमूर्तिः trimūrti, "three forms") is the trinity of supreme divinity in Hinduism[2][3][4][5] in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified as a triad of deities, typically Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer/regenerator

>Its most notable expression is to be found in the theological conception of the Trimūrti, i.e., the manifestation of the supreme God in three forms of Brahmā, Viṣṇu, and Śiva

>The identification of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva as one being is strongly emphasized in the Kūrma Purāṇa, where in 1.6 Brahman is worshipped as Trimurti; 1.9 especially inculcates the unity of the three gods

I don't understand why the trinity is a hard concept for Muslims to understand. Just as water, oxygen and ice different forms, but the same due to temperature levels so as the concept of the trinity. The father and son are one, as Christ stated. Christ also stated "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". In order to be one with Christ, you need the Holy Spirit. Then you will be one with The Father and the Son in conjunction of the Holy Spirit.

Not him but none at all. The Trimurti concept is just polarity between the creation and the destruction being on the opposite end of the polar line, with the preservation being the balance between the two opposite polarity. It's a concept of dualism with the preserver being the middle ground of the two.

That's modalism, Patrick.

>Just as water, oxygen and ice different forms
heresy.

No, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are manifestations of one God.

>It's a concept of dualism
Nope, trimurti is not a concept of dualism.

There is dualism in hinduism called Dvaita, this largely died out during the era of Shankaracharya in 7th century where Advaita and Bhakthi movments flourished and replaced duality as one of the more popular concepts in hinduism.

Trimurti is still present in the Advaita philosophy with a preference of worshipping Shiva and Vishnu, though Brahma is not worshiped because of Mythic reasons (basically a cosmic dick measuring contest[No, really, a cosmos spanning dick of shiva was whipped out called the lingam]).

>The Trimurti concept is just polarity between the creation and the destruction being on the opposite end of the polar line
Nope, trimurti is meant to represent the cycle of birth, life, death and the eventual rebirth, reincarnation. It is not a polarized system, which is the basis for Abrahamic faith, the gods are said to oversee the aspects of each of the above.

Because even though the members of the trinity are distinct they are all co-substantial with the Godhead

The real question is how Muslims can believe that God is the only eternal being while simultaneously holding that the Quran is both distinct from Allah and eternal. Really jogs my noggin.

this video was seriously shit. "Explain a complex theological issue like I'm a baby. OOOOHHH your incredibly dumbed down explanation was dumb!! GOT HIM!"
I have no idea why it's popular.

Epitome of Christianity? Explain

>distinct from Allah
what do you mean by this? As far as I can tell the vast majority believe the Qur'an is part of God because it is his speech, so to speak.

Islam is more similar to Judaism in most aspects.

The Quran can't be a part of God because God is One (and thus can't have parts)

It's definitely something I've been having trouble with

Why are muslims such brainlets

>God is One
Well the Jews and Christians agree on that (in fact it's a quote repeated in the OT and NT) but that didn't exactly bother anyone.

The quran is a copy of gods word. Or gods word in form of a book

I finally have the perfect analogy for the trinity, it's three brain hemispheres separated instead of two.
just look up people with separated hemispheres, creepy. also not religious but it's just too perfect.

youtu.be/KQLfgaUoQCw

Oh come ooooon Patrick.