ITT we post the greatest general from our country

ITT we post the greatest general from our country.

Pic related is Canada's: Sir Isaac Brock, War of 1812 hero
>captured Detroit without losing any men
>prevented American invasion of Canada at the battle of Queenston Heights despite being outnumbered 3 to 1
>died at that battle leading a charge.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cochrane,_10th_Earl_of_Dundonald
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>single handedly won WW1

fuck you leaf, if it wasn't for brock we would've raped ur cunt

I'm not from Lebanon but

I think Arthur Currie is a strong candidate too.

Australia: Dromaius The Cunt
>Lead the Emu Army against Major G.P.W. Meredith in the Great Emu War
>Was able to defeat the Royal Australian Artillery despite having no hands and inferior technology
>Farmers were absolutely terrified of him and his emu soldiers

>War of 1812
>Canada

Agreed

>posts Brock
>Burger detected

All real Canadians know our best general was Arthur Currie.

nice bait....

pic is one of thousands of Americans who had to clean up after Emperor Mac.

I failed...now with pic.

Why am I doing this to myself?....

>Best general
>Died leading a charge

Kek

Lower and Upper Canada were a thing from 1791

How do mud cakes taste?

At least he still won the battle despite dying

surprisingly sweet
unsurprisingly gritty

>not Wolfe, conqueror of Quebec

He's fucking British you dolt.

Best Canadian General would be....I dunno, Simonds I guess?

He was born in Guernsey but he lived in Canada and led Canadian troops in battle

Well of course, that's where he was posted.

Was right pissed he didn't get to go fight Napoleon too.

He's a Brit. In fact, technically, there was no such thing as Canada at the time. None of those people were "Canadian", they were British.

Canadian people existed before the creation of Canada. It's like saying Americans didn't exist before 1776. I do agree though that he so much more potential especially if he fought Napoleon. But he was crucial in the war of 1812 and was even planning an invasion of America after he captured Detroit.

My country doesnt have a military history

Based Monash

Er, not really. "Americans" before 1776 were, well, British colonists.

He wasn't really that critical. He was a good officer but that charge at Queenston heights was idiotic and got him killed, and as a result he had no further impact. His success at Detroit was completely undone and rendered irrelevant by his successor. Gordon Drummond was probably the most important British general in that war.

guess where I'm from

Brock was a brit through and through, but even before 1776 colonists Identified as Virginians or New Englanders before they identified as colonists.

I cant imagine canada was much different, if not before the war then for sure after.

Top Kek, can The General™ get me a quote via Veeky Forums?

george s patton

dude had good ideas about russia

Legendary.

Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba, aka "the Great Captain".

Lost his first battle, fucked around with a couple of left-over garrisons when the French had lost all interest, hid in the trenches at his second battle, fucked around fucked around with a couple of left-over garrisons when the French had lost again all interest.

Spinola or Allesandro Farnese, uke of Parma were better.

Hastily assembled militia are badly outnumbered by a force of hardened veterans fresh from fighting Napoleon.

U.S. casualties are negligible. British, WTF?

Germany
Rommel

Arthur Currie was our best general.

Hard to say for sure.

But in my opinion is S.Nuno Alvares Pereira or Afonso de Albuquerque i can decide for the life of me.

>Lost his first battle, fucked around with a couple of left-over garrisons when the French had lost all interest, hid in the trenches at his second battle, fucked around fucked around with a couple of left-over garrisons when the French had lost again all interest.
>Spinola or Allesandro Farnese, uke of Parma were better.
t.Frog Frogicroix or Luigi Mr.Spaghettini

Unironically Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar
>Be the son of a miller
>Buy a horse and a sword and become a villain knight
>He was so fucking good that he became the squire of the prince heir
>Start some military campaigns
>Become commander of the Castillian army
>Defeat Navarra,Aragon,Galicia and Leon simultaniously
>King dies
>Go into exhile
>Start a mercenary company
>The Taifa of Zaragoza hires Rodrigo
>He defeats the Count of Barcelona and the Taifa of Tarragona simultaniously
>Become so strong that his mercenary company is the strongest army in all the peninsula
>Invade Valencia and get crowned king
>Almoravids invade
>Buttfuck everyone
>BTFO them once
>BTFO them twice
>BTFO them thrice
>BTFO them while Rodrigo is not even alive
Needless to say that he was always outnumbered.His legend has eclipsed his brilliance as a military commander.He was probably the greatest tactitian of all the middle ages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cochrane,_10th_Earl_of_Dundonald

General Dufour ( Switzerland)

General Dufour ( Switzerland)

Won the sonderbund war ( last war in Switzerland 1848)

rip abe vigoda

>He did all that riding a horse named Babieca, whose name can be roughly translated as "stupid." How humiliating it must be to be defeated by a man on a dumb horse.

you don't think the man himself, our first general was the greatest? he developed creeping artillery!

First off
>Canada is a nation and not a loyal colony
But for citizens of the British empire it is a toss up between
Marlborough

Schomberg

William The Third

Delete this

Rupert of the Rhine an overall Mary Sue

Edward III

And this great man

Germans
Norman
Irish

>Marlborough
>German

I don't think so laddy

Just read about him, pretty cool story actually

>reading about his role in the battle of Amiens

makes me hard desu

Yes as I said British

The americans were dug in and the British had little to no artillery support. I'm not saying it wasn't an impressive victory but it's hardly the tactical masterstroke it's often presented as.

This guy for sure... and not just for the Aljubarrota memes, but also the 1384 Lisbon siege.

eh, other than Quebec the "US" colonies were older (almost 200 years for some) and much longer settled, with much more time to develop an identity other Brits

Moshe "The Rapist of the Arabs" Dayan

Even then most colonists identified as Brits still, at least the elites did

Considering it's documented that Brock hated Canada, considered it a backwater compared to the "real fight" with Napoleon, and disliked Canadians because he was unsure of their loyalty and wanted more British forces in the provinces because of said question of American sympathy/loyalty,

yeah, you could say he was a Canadian.

Arnold Winckelried, died for his brothers in arms against the austrians.

Actually, Newfoundland (St Johns, Cupid, etc) and Nova Scotia (between both the French and English) are older than most colonies which would make up the US.

Nathaniel Greene was good.

are you referring to the provinces of lower and upper Canada as independent nations and not a part of the whole English commonwealth?

"canada" took no part in 1812, it did not exist in 1812. You don't see Americans saying that "The United States of America" fought in the French and Indian wars because a couple british colonies took part in a larger global conflict.

>wellington
>irish

You would be flogged if you would have called him a Paddy. He was a member of the anglo-protestant elite who ruled ireland, he wasn't in the least bit an irishman

>Belgium
>basically a non-country
>horrible army

the soldier-king as he was called, Albert I was a very good leader and made all the right decisions in ww1. there isn't much competition though, we have never been a country of warriors

this
attacking a fortified position like that rarely goes well

"You don't see Americans saying that "The United States of America""

No, but you do see Americans saying that Americans took part in the French and Indian wars.

Vice Versa, Canada did exist though not as an independent nation. Canadians did fight and the British fought. If you want to add distinction, Canadians from the provinces who considered themselves Canadians fought in Canadian militias, and British soldiers from the Empire, but typically the mainland also fought.

There were Canadian troops who fought in 1812 and successfully repelled the Americans. The biggest continuant of this which comes to mind would be in Quebec.

The problem is Canadians want to take credit for the actions of British soldiers stationed there, and ironically, seem to almost always ignore any actual native Canadians fighting in favor of Britons.

Nova Scotia is older than most US states.

>From the guerilla in the Forest of Paimpont (Brocéliande in arthurian myths) with poor peasants to the rgeat battle fields of the Caroline war with Charles V the Wise

Bertrand Du Guesclin, the great marshall of French armies