youtube.com/watch?v=danYFxGnFxQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhava_
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually that was Mesopotamia

*takes everything else*

*raises the standards of living globally*
*teleports away*

Not really, after all they had to leave something behind to build churches with.

*gives you a disease that wipes you out*

*destroys civilization*

would the world be better off if Britain maintained control of the US?

Yes, right now we just have a 300-pound unchained gorilla that is wreaking havoc everywhere and denying climate science.

>Discovered zero while calculating the need for loos

this white man single handily surpassed the achievements of Ancient India in science and math though

Then he was surpassed by a Jew.

>man from 1660 AD knows more than Indians in 2300 BC
Good thing I'm already sitting

well africans in 1900s knew less than europeans in the 1000s

so...

as for chess, indians might of created it

but the best player of all time is a white man

No white people could create a language that ugly. Whites are an aesthetic race.

Africans didn't have access to previous knowledge and neither did Harappans

>Aryabhatta, the great astronomer and scientist, discovered zero.
Is that so he could properly quantify Indian accomplishments if we deduct memes, prehistory, and nationalist lies?

*gives you a king*

Nice shitposting.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0#India_and_Southeast_Asia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries

Cheers!

not him but Newton is unsurpassed. Even his peers are goys
Euclid, Euler, Archimedes, Leibniz, Gauss, Turing.
I don't know what modern jew you've got a hardon for, I'm guessing it's Von Neumann of Einstein, regargless
>Then he was surpassed by a Jew.
Is an exhibition of mathematical ignorance.
What advantages do you think were conferred to a poor boy in rural war-torn Lincolnshire that were not available to the rest of the world in the years preceding his brilliance?

Inventions section has the subsection
>Well-being

I didn't discount Newton as a scientist. I just said comparing him to people from 4000 years before is useless

Anglos have never made anything, literally all the anglos have ever done is steal shit

much of the sum of human knowledge before him.
Also,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_school_of_astronomy_and_mathematics
>derived several infinite series that require a knowledge of limits, differential and integral calculus, before newton was a thing.

>he typed in English

English didn't even become an international language until the 20th century.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

All these pro-colonial britposts are starting to come off like how a bullied and excluded child rationalises away the fact that everyone hates them, shielding themselves from criticism with a wholly synthetic and fragile sense of superiority that only grows stronger every time they are humiliated.

After all, when so many cultures from all over the world defeat you, drive you from their shores, relinquish entirely your empire in a matter of decades, leaving you the faintest shadow of your former self, all stating in the boldest terms that you are a blight on everything you have touched, what else is there to do but call them 'idiots' and 'savages', just like a bullied child who, unable to defend themselves, will seek to prop up their constantly assailed ego by turning their every defeat into just more evidence of the stupidity of their persecutors. Nevermind that if they had the strength to win the fights and maintain their dignity conventionally, they would not view themselves as an idiot or a savage, because that situation does not call for contorted logic.

Of course Britain. People hated you, killed your soldiers, and drove you away because you brought them civilisation, because you were too good for them, because they just weren't worthy of you. In much the same way, a child with no friends lacks them because they are 'too smart' for their peers, because the other children are 'stupid', because they just turn on them for no reason.

But not because of you. Never because of you.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

no,

while its true that their were elements of calculus known in other societies, it wasn't until Newton and Leibniz, that calculus became it's own defined mathematical field

oh and even if we were to buy into your indian revisionism, Newton's scientific masterpiece, the Principia Mathematica still surpasses any Indian work of science

oh buy the way the greatest mathematician in history was a white man

Carl Gauss

now why has no indian in history ever matched the pure intellect of Carl Gauss?

>Carl Gauss
He is a white straight male, he can't be respected, that's oppression.

and yet no indian has ever matched his intellect in history

I've already used my Guffaw Pepe lad.
>However, they did not formulate a systematic theory of differentiation and integration, nor is there any direct evidence of their results being transmitted outside Kerala.
You don't understand the works of Newton if you think this is comparable in it's elegance, applicability or worth though these series are intriguing, they're also trivial.
I feel you did, Newton's genius was prodigious and can not be attributed to his access to information.
Consider what Leibniz said of him when dining with the Queen of Prussia:
>she asked Leibnitz his opinion of Sir Isaac Newton. Leibnitz said that taking mathematicians from the beginning of the world to the time when Sir Isaac lived, what he had done was much the better half; and added that he had consulted all the learned in Europe upon some difficult points without having any satisfaction, and that when he applied to Sir Isaac, he wrote him in answer by the first post, to do so and so, and then he would find it.

I know this is a Veeky Forums board, so I don't expect acquaintance with his work but people should appreciate Newton's place in history. He was an un-liked man but in spite of this a contemporary and one of his chief rivals tells a royal disciple this much, that Newton's works can be compared with the totality of what came before him.

Honestly this isn't a point of much controversy.

Hhahahahha, it's not about west vs India, is one western guy vs India.

it's a silly argument, science builds upon each other

you have to remember this is /his, many people are left wing and will do anything do undermine the accomplishments of Western Civilization in favor of the colored people

and its important to remember Leibniz hated Newton, and yet he still said that quote

kek

If Indians are so good at science and math

why is the entire foundation of modern mathematics and science of European invention

why did Europe from the 1400s and up dominate science and math compared to indians?

If an Indian farts, the sound and smell of that fart will be in that image.

Back to /brit/, punk.

It's incredible how many countries came with mixed cultures, between British and local. Instead of erasing it.

It's not a silly argument, other scientists have made peace-meal additions to their fields utilizing what came before them but Newton is a one man revolution.
There's a reason the quote
>'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.'
It doesn't make sense coming from Newton, it's humble to the point of masochism, everybody familiar with his contributions knows he's a lighthouse among candles and whats-more is everybody familiar with his character knows that he was aware of this. It's why there is a prominent theory that the quote is actually a sarcastic insult directed at Hooke.

>you have to remember this is /his, many people are left wing and will do anything do undermine the accomplishments of Western Civilization in favor of the colored people
I know, and this is embarrassing because it's not subjective, would it help them if r/BlackScienceMan explained it?
youtube.com/watch?v=danYFxGnFxQ

>you have to remember this is /his, many people are left wing and will do anything do undermine the accomplishments of Western Civilization in favor of the colored people

Stop trying to straw man faggot.

>*gives you drugs*
ftfy

I'm not him but if that post is in any way fallacious, it's ad hominem not straw man you dunce.

Colonisation is one hell of a drug.
>dominate science and math.
Metallurgy as we know it was literally a result of brits and euros trying to copy wootz steel.

The europeans had the advantage of having the scientific method to analyse data. It's not like indians haven't been pulling their weight in science since they were introduced to the scientific method.

Why do you say "Indian" but then "white man". Shouldn't you specify the "white man"'s nationality? Or would that mean you can't latch on to his accomplishments?

*Gives you civilisation*

everyone knows that Indians are one monolithic race that speak 1 language and are afraid of toilet witches.
However, there is a world of difference between a cornishman and a welshman

If Indians are so great then why haven't they advanced literally at all in centuries? North Indians are still butthurt that they couldn't conquer the Tamil Kings for fucks sake

*Burns your fleet and turns your flagship into a tourist attraction/tinder*

>advanced at all
*builds cryogenic engine from scratch*

This is why I take great pleasure every time britain gets hit by a terrorist attack

And there are a lot of people who do vice versa. I'd consider most of it reactionary.

>anglos call themselves aryan
>most adharmic race to walk on this earth
Reminder that the mahabharata happened because the earth was burdened with sin.

Because of muh creativity

India is set to overtake the GDP of the United Kingdom soon.

it did earlier this year.

Holy fucking shit England BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan

lol so much for that brexit

kek.
the brit looks like a trog

>home of buddha
>bodh gaya is unimportant.
bahadur please.

That doesn't refute my point tho

what was your point?

>brexit = no niggers no paki
It will never cease to amaze me how people actually thought that. Why would people coming in through commonwealth immigration policies stop getting in because the UK left the EU?

turns out brits are dumb.

Underrated post.

Thanks, pops.
We'll head west with this, got some Indians to civilize.

*steals your heritages*

>uses pic of ugly male with this post

Right in the point, mong.

haha no

you should just all non-whites

SUPERPOWER BY 2020

absolutely ravaged

>Largest empire ever
>Bullied kid

16 Countries retain the Queen as their head of state though, and from those that don't, millions migrate to those that do.
It has never been a unanimous attitude in the UK to resent or fault a people for wanting autonomy, even the American Revolution which was one of the most glaringly hypocritical anti-colonial enterprises -
>colonists among richest people in the world
>'How is it that we hear the loudest crys for freedom from the slavers of negroes?'
had a lot of sympathizers in British parliament.
The main apprehension is that the colonies were not ready for independence:
>Labour politician, Herbert Morrison, said that granting independence to the colonies would be "like giving a child of ten a latch-key, a bank account and a shotgun".
And one of the great tragedies of the 20th century has been how valid those now politically awkward attitudes were.
Look at the rapid recession of
Zambians during their colonial era had an income of a bout 1/7th of that of a native Britain, now it's 1/27th.
Indians were more than twice as wealthy as their Chinese counterparts in the years preceding Independence, if that was still true they'd actually be the superpower they keep larping as and they wouldn't host more poverty than sub-saharan Africa.
This isn't something that brings those with a more nuance view on Empire joy to raise, It really is fucking tragic but the notion Brits or pro-colonist view them as bullies who just don't understand is ridiculous.

Underrated post

>civilisation
incorrect way to spell opium

>Well Africans in 1900s knew less than Europeans in the 1000s

Ok, let's think about this for a second: in the 20th century, Africans knew that Europeans didn't in the 11th Century.

>World is a sphere
>firearms
>Printing
>Energy
>railways
>Cars

I mean, the list just fucking goes on and on, doesn't it?

>Zambians during their colonial era had an income of a bout 1/7th of that of a native Britain, now it's 1/27th.

Source please. Also you know it's much easier to snowball development the more ahead you are and access to modern stuff.

Self projecting yourself Into an empire, interesting, even when you're self hating your ego is showing

*makes the brits shit themselves*

>Indians were more than twice as wealthy as their Chinese counterparts in the years preceding Independence, if that was still true they'd actually be the superpower they keep larping as and they wouldn't host more poverty than sub-saharan Africa.

Well considering the entire decline of the Qing empire and being invaded by the Japs that is not saying much at all

No one thought that

>a country with over 1billion people is only now just overtaking a country of 60million

*takes civilisation*
*changes it to civilization*

>What advantages do you think were conferred to a poor boy in rural war-torn Lincolnshire that were not available to the rest of the world in the years preceding his brilliance?
Not being in an actual area experiencing a war?

>why did Europe from the 1400s and up dominate science and math compared to indians?
Turks.
It's funny how this board screeches over how the Turk's fucked over Eastern and Southern Europe but ignore how much they ruined the rest of Eurasia.

>not him but Newton is unsurpassed. Even his peers are goys
>Euclid, Euler, Archimedes, Leibniz, Gauss, Turing.
Then Madhava of Sangamagrama has every right to stand alongside with them.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhava_
>In mathematics, a Leibniz or Madhava series is any one of the series in a collection of infinite series expressions all of which are believed to have been discovered by Madhava of Sangamagrama (c. 1350 – c. 1425), the founder of the Kerala school of astronomy and mathematics and later by Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz,
Saying le newton surpassed an entire civilization is obviously going to trigger some people because he surpassed everyone around then. You can appreciate his statements without getting into a dick measuring contest.

nice quads desu
It's Niall Ferguson's empire, I don't have the book but I do remember him having cited a primary source. Googled what I wrote and got this, apparently it's 1/28th - a tiny bit worse.

While I do accept this point the Raj was also in decline and being invaded by the Japs, I know it's not an ideal comparison as India and China are both remarkably different from other countries and of-course one another. They are however the two great Asian behemoths so it's the only sensible comparison we can make.
It's all well and good saying the Raj or colonialism was bad but the criticism makes no sense if it's not relative. We do not have an isolated India to compare too, It's the most sensible comparison we can make.

kek, napoleon-elba.jpeg?
Brits shitting themselves? You know he's not looking over the channel like William the conqueror, he's larping as relevant on a prison island and the Brits are the wardens.
Sure he escapes but the Brits just apprehend him again (well he surrenders) and put him on an even more measly island.

>Niall Ferguson's

Oh my wow that nigga seriously?

>Oh my wow that nigga seriously?
Are you suggesting we trust the opinions of Veeky Forums shitposters over the publications of the man who holds a history and economics professorship at the world's most prestigious university?

BRITS OUT

Because of islamic invasions, in 50 years Europe will be atleast as shitty as India in math.

>the apes wouldnt be stomping around the world without anglo transportation and technology
you can thank anglos giving away science and technology to every known monkey on this planet.
if the anglos kept their tech to themselves, the world would remain peasant serfs and underpopulated