AUGUST 1st PLANS

AUGUST 1st PLANS.

What is your HONEST plan for tomorrow? I'm planning on just holding everything, but buy btc if it drops sub 2000. I've talked to others who are planning on buying as well. Maybe the short fags will be btfo and it will turn out to be a pump instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackingdistributed.com/2017/07/29/bitcoin-impending-accounting-disaster/
bfxdata.com/positions/btcusd
countingdownto.com/countdown/bcc-fork-countdown-clock
poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.07.24-Our-plans-to-handle-potential-BTC-network-disruptions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The more I think the less I think a pump is even possible

50%BTC 50%Alts

Thought about selling alts for BCC but never did and it's too late now, it would be like a 10% gain after a 10% loss.

The more I look at those 40k btc 110million USD short positions the more convinced I am that a btc collapse will NEVER be allowed by ((them))

educate yourself and learn why it's being shorted in bitfinex

Just hold my alts. Nothing I own will deliver anything pump worthy this year.

oh god.
this won't end well, no matter what...
What's the winning move here?
The article seriously needs a sticky on Veeky Forums right now, thanks a lot.

i'm comfy being all in fiat

gonna buy BTC if it drops, if not i'll go all in on alts

bitfinex is going to take a huge dive, I would not keep my coins there because they'll be paying out of pocket for BCC

I don't think people are going through all this trouble to hold on to BCC and they'll dump it for BTC, which would create demand for BTC and cause it to rise. I assume other alts too but not as much as BTC. Of course this is my opinion, you can have your own

I'm holding on polo. Should I send to bittrex now? I was hoping to margin trade on the 1st but polo won't make up its gd mind about bcc.

From a crypto's perspective, coinbase and polo are doing it right. What they're doing gives the most stability to the cryptocurrency market without trying to make a quick buck or get some users to join their site and trade on it. These people adding BCC to exchange are doing it to take your bitcoin but as you can see, sites like bitfinex are taking huge risks with your money. Be careful and in my opinion, stick with an exchange that knows better than greed.

You're missing the small print, which means that Bitfinex will just distribute the amount of BCC they can afford to. They nowhere said that each 1BTC holder will receive 1 BCC/BCH... "Due to the net amount of BTC committed in margin positions at the time of the fork, the above methodology may result in Bitfinex seeing a surplus or deficit of BCH. As such, we will be resolving this discrepancy in the form of a socialized distribution coefficient. For example, currently, there are more longs than shorts on the platform, causing a distribution coefficient of ~1.091 (Meaning that for each qualifying BTC a user will receive 1.091 BCH). The actual coefficient will be calculated at the moment of the distribution. Please note that if there are more shorts than longs at the fork event, this coefficient will be less than one."

That's how I've been feeling about it but I had a brief feeling of panic. Thanks for snapping me out of it.

>not keeping your BTC in Electrum

plan to buy ESPERS on YOBIT exchange
can be a very safe one not like bitcoin control by chinese
please invest in yobit ESPERS for a safe heaven

goddamn, is there even ONE decent exchange with volume and features? Said farewell to Polo for good just a week ago and now this shit

this is what i'm doing, is this an okay strat?

less than 1
times 2
more than 1
out of a single btc

polo is decent, gdax is ok also

you can tell who's trying to make a buck from this bullshit fork no one is going to use. NYA agreement is locked in amongst 100% of miners right now and they're all signaling BP 141. BCC has absolutely 0 support. For people to give a damn about this coin is beyond me but people (and especially) exchanges love to make a quick buck and get new customers.

Took out original investment leaving in only winnings
Put all BTC in paper wallet
(these are both done)
Go to work
Gym
Dinner
Netflix
Bed

Probably gonna hold EVERYTHING.
What happens, happens. No risk no reward.
Besides, I'm just playing with chump change so the most I can fuck myself is 10000€

smarto manno

bfxdata.com/positions/btcusd

Why are BTC shorts so freaking big??

read the thread bro, see tl;dr - people trying to get free BCC but most likely bitfinex or bitfinex users is going to pay for it

BCC is a meme, get out whilst you can

itt: niggers who can't read. Should act as a good containment thread

bitfinex is full of top NSA cryptographers and mathematicians

they couldn't help it. they were tempted by the mad gainz.

not really unless you want to hold BCC/don't want to trade it quickly after getting it
if you do want to trade it just leave your BTC on a good exchange that will credit your BCC because they will do it a lot faster that way

Nice one, cheers

You say so, dawg?

Well anons, this whole event is very educational and profitable at the same time.
I'm glad to be a part of it. :3

No you are wrong. Bitfinex announced a coefficient to their BCC payouts... saying they will distribute all available BCC to BTC holders but it can be expected that you receive less than 1 BCC per BTC.

People who win: the ones using the loophole
People who lise: the people not using it and having BTC in bitfinex

How do you receive both the BCC and BTC from one paper wallet / public key?

what do you mean? If you have BTC you are given 1 BCC. There's no less than. If you give less than you should how the fuck is that even legal?

Hey guys, when chain splits you're supposed to get 1 BCC per BTC, but we're gonna give you some coefficient amount that's not 1. Why? Because we want people to use a loophole that we made so those greedy fuckers get more than you.

The fuck? This makes sense to you?

I doubt it.BTC is only rising because of BCC.Since coinbase is not accepting BCC,I predict huge dump.A dump so big,it's impact is bigger than hiroshima.A shit so long,it will last longer than the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.A crap so wide,its even fatter than Americans

You have now discovered that the exchanges don't have a 1:1 on your coins.

People deny that, but it's the truth.

I'm keeping everything in fiat + a tiny amount in DGB, would it be worth putting some of my fiat in BTC in bittrex just in case it goes well?

It's blatant and obvious though and will hurt the cryptomarket in the long run. The feds would come after bitfinex after they rekt btce

given all the nervousness, uncertainties an the creation of a new coin out of BTC I wouldn't expect a pump at all. More of an epic crash or at least a very big dip.
I'm 80% in Fiat right now.

>less than 1
>times 2
>more than 1

>0.5
>times 2
>more than 1

>People who win: the ones using the loophole
People who lose: the people not using it and having BTC in bitfinex

Well, they will only win if their shorts don't get liquidated ;)

The reason people are shorting is not because of this "loophole" that doesn't exist, it is because they expect a lot of BTC to be sold after the fork

no one is nervous, only the BCC creators which represent ... like 10 people

100% signaling for segwit on the new signaling period for BTC... why are you nervous?

> The reason people are shorting is not because of this "loophole" that doesn't exist, it is because they expect a lot of BTC to be sold after the fork

see hackingdistributed.com/2017/07/29/bitcoin-impending-accounting-disaster/

Y only seeing this type of short on bitfinex and exchanges that support BCC. Therefore, people are shorting to get BCC, it's not because that everyone thinks btc will crash.

Do we know what is the block number of the initiation of the fork, or other wise the time of it?

I put it all into usdt senpai, plebs aren't totally when they say this is practically free money, it just wont be in the way they think

countingdownto.com/countdown/bcc-fork-countdown-clock

The plan is simple. Hold BTC, redeem BCH and sell BCH when the time is right. I don't understand the fear on this board of a BTC crash. The crash isn't coming guys. BCH only represents a small minority of the community. Alts are at an ATL. The coast is clear for a new BTC rise and ATH.

For all of those shorts we are going to see the biggest market liquidation in history. There's going to be alot of pink wojaks and it's not going to be for a BTC crash.

any statements from polo about bcc?

>poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.07.24-Our-plans-to-handle-potential-BTC-network-disruptions/

>At this time, we cannot commit to supporting any specific blockchain that may emerge if there is a blockchain split.
>Even if two viable blockchains emerge, we may or may not support both and will make such a decision only after we are satisfied that we can safely support either blockchain in an enterprise environment.

To me it sounds like Poloniex is going to support BCC and give it to users if they see BCC as a serious coin after fork.

But If the value of BCC after fork becomes something like 0.02$ they wont bother messing with it.

Wait to I get the same amount of BCC as I hold BTC? Free money baby

Simmilar here. Gym, tan, laundry.

depends where you keep your BTC (which wallet or exchange?)

When I make the next transaction I think I just hop on board the fork of my choosing

Exodus wallet?

Yes you will get your free BCC but you wont be able to access your BCC from Exodus wallet.

After August 1st if/when you want to use your BCC you will have to create a different wallet for BCC.
You will use Private keys of your Exodus wallet to login to your new BCC-Wallet and the correct ammount of BCC will already be there waiting for you.

And same apllies to Blochain.info wallet and other wallets where you have acces to your private keys

WOW.
You poorfags probably have less than 0.5 btc, so you'll get 0.5 bcc which will be worth maybe $25.
Is the whole fomo of bcc worthwhile for you?

I rather buy cheap altcoins on exchanges and I'm skipping the bcc bullshit

Bitfinex currently

HAHAHAHAHHAHA YOURE FUCKED

Or BCC will sell out to Amazon and I'll get a nice new lambo either way I'm long on BTC and BCC

>implying it's too late to move

dude, generate a private key and withdraw immediately

60% BTC
15% ETH
10% LTC
5% ETC
5% XRP
5% ARK

Not touching my BTC until September 1st unless I've confirmed it's safe. Don't care about the dump.

>your account is currently on withdraw hold (changed my password), lifted on Aug 05

Fucking gas me

Honestly, I'm just leaving my 1 coin in my wallet and waiting this whole thing out. Fireworks will be great, for sure, one way or another.

I'm expecting this whole massive short situation to play out terribly, with a whole bunch of people getting squeezed out because we're seeing huge short selling volume with almost no impact on price. It smells like a bunch of people accumulating a ton of bitcoin expecting a price jump while rumors of making money on shorting due to tricky accounting put a bunch of people on the hook to fund it.

70% BTC
30% SC

terrible fucking advice

FIRST, after the fork occurs you need to move all of your btc from your existing wallet to a NEW wallet, then use your OLD wallet in whatever BCC client you feel safe with

If you use your current wallet in a bcc client, that client has complete access to BOTH your BTC and BCC

>Not touching my BTC until September 1st unless I've confirmed it's safe
wtf is that supposed to mean lmao

Buy more if price drops and just hold most likely. I have high hopes that btc will keep trucking. All I care about is BTC, eth, and ltc right now.

ma nigga

The bulk of my actual investments aren't in crypto currency, so whatever happens, I'll be fine.

That said, I'm keeping my BTC in a paper wallet for the time being. Will see how things play out over the next few months. I don't think BTC is going to crater, and I think the futures in BCC suggest it will have some value in the medium and possibly long term.

This is so basic I'm surprised to see anyone get it wrong. Move whichever currency has the higher value to a new wallet first (probably BTC, but stranger things have happened), then once that move in confirmed, move the other currency. Done, no muss no fuss.

I moved about 75% into ETH.
It is very low right now.
The ETH/BTC ratio will moon.
Plan to convert to BTC once it settles.

////

Alts are where to go in my mind. In a bear market, you look for the best performers relative to the market. If I could do it again, I'd go all in on Decred, desu.