NO CRASH: Bitcoin will be crowned the One True King

There is little to no selling pressure for Bitcoin because of the massive amount of shorts being put on it. What that means is that selling pressure for Bitcoin has dried up. People are anticipating a sell off, or its whales manipulating the market to sell for bearish sentiment. Either way, there will be no selloff.

Segwit has been a long awaited moment. It is in this moment that the BTC Core devs prove their commitment to BTC's accommodation to growth and spread. We are on the precipice of greater adoption among the population.

The only thing standing in the way of the crowning of BTC is this Bitcoin Cash drama. But Bitcoin Cash is already dead on arrival. Its been proven to be just another altcoin. It's only trading for 10% of Bitcoin's price, if that.

What this means is that the villain, pretender-king Bitcoin Cash is doomed. After Segwit is initiated, people will NOT be moving back to Alts at a fast rate, because Alts have been in a bearish lull, and Segwit is a defining moment for BTC. BTC will have proven to withstand both the infighting drama of Bitcoin Cash, the drama with the SEC, and the drama with BTC-E.

What does this mean?

This will push BTC to a new All time high. Soon, our Lord Bitcoin will vanquish Bitcoin Cash to oblivion, and will rise the One True King to the Crypto throne.

Crypto needs a face, and Bitcoin has already cemented itself as that face and as a store of value.

Remember: Crypto is a revolution against Centralized banking, which is nothing more than a racket, thievery. The United States Federal Reserve, a private institution, lends money to the US Treasury, at interest. The Fed controls all aspects of money and is one of the biggest scams ever made.

After the crowning of BTC, we will enter a crypto renaissance. BTC will be going to $10k next year. Many of the new ICO's being made are going to be big winners in the future, and this is where we will look back and say "It all started in the Summer of 2017".

ALL HAIL THE KING.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ka3mo/its_the_perfect_time_to_buy_bitcoins/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency
blog.wetrust.io/list-of-merchants-that-accept-bitcoins-9f4f991b95d1
cnbc.com/2017/07/31/bitcoin-to-surge-nearly-80-percent-to-5000-standpoints-moas-predicts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice, just bought a 100k

Fuck those chinks, word to the wise, remember pearl harbor

Lets play "spot the king"

hint: it's not bitcoin

>I'm balls deep in to BTC therefore nothing ever bad can happens to it.
That's called wishful thinking my friend. It's a dangerous state of mind to be in for an investor.

a Japanese man created Bitcoin..

lmao retards gonna retard

This is all a short term solution. The only thing that changes tomorrow is that bitcoin will be able to fit 1.7x as many transactions in per block.
Great.

What happens when that 1.7x increase is no longer enough and they refuse to increase blocksize, which they will do? And what exactly does bitcoin offer that no other crypto offers?
>muh digital gold
No thanks, I'll stick to real life gold.
Bitcoin can't be used as a currency. There's no reason to buy bitcoin over physical gold.

Meanwhile if you go down the list of top 20 cryptos, with the exception of Ripple, all of them offer something.

Bitcoin will probably remain on top for the rest of 2017, but it'll be nothing more than a relic of the past by 2020.

I'm in BTC right now just riding this retarded wave, but anyone that honestly thinks this is going to give the federal reserve a run for its money is delusional.

no he was just a weeb

>Conveniently ignoring the November hard fork

not happening. all the losers who want big blocks will have bitcoin cash now.

Bitcoin Cash is gonna fuck BTC in the ass.

Just give it a few months for businesses to realise the tx fees of Bitcoin are not going down and Cash over there has free transactions.

The devs don't want that and it was made very clear that the 2x part was a "maybe" at the very best. With bitcoin cash there's no reason for it. So no, I didn't conveniently ignore a hard fork that will never in a thousand years happen.

Bitcoin has no real future.

honestly LTC seems like the best king of crypto

I am going to laugh so fucking hard once BTC goes on to soar to a new ATH. BTC will always be known as the original crypto and will be worth $50k+ in 3-4 years if fiat is still in use

>I am going to laugh so fucking hard once BTC goes on to soar to a new ATH

I hope it does, because all my money is in it right now.

Doesn't change that fact that this
>will be worth $50k+ in 3-4 years
is delusional. There's literally no reason for it to be worth that. It's not a store of value, we already have one of those, it's called Gold: G-O-L-D, gold. And it's not a method of payment because it's deflationary, slow and expensive.

So why would it be worth $50k in 3-4 years? Honestly, please give me a reason. I'm not trying to shill any other coin here, I haven't mentioned any. I'd like to know why a large group of people in the crypto world thinks bitcoin will be worth that much.

>I'd like to know why a large group of people in the crypto world thinks bitcoin will be worth that much.

I've been reading a lot of crypto shit lately
If theres anything I took away from all my reading, it's this - trust no one, its like indian poker or some shit everyone has very visible cards on their foreheads with "wants people to buy BTC" or "wants a big dip to buy in". Everyone has their own interests before yours. Just because they say it will reach 50k doesn't mean they themselves believe it.

And just because they say it's $50k, you'll think, well it might not be 50k, but even 5k or 10k might be good, right? That's where they've got you.

>Top 20 offers something
What do LTC, DASH, ZCash, offer extra besides being curriencies...albeit with some extra buzzwords and halfassed developments like faulty privacy and such..... I would add Monero if it wasn't actually used in some places.
What does Tether offer?
What is really the point of ETC next to ETH....
Veritaseum offers something based on Ripple...but Ripple offers nothing?
While Ripple is the token that actually has a chance of getting somewhere given they work together with banks, legislation and the powers that be...it might just run WITH the federal reserve...seems not a bad bet to me.

Either way it's all a gamble in a whales world.

>Honestly, please give me a reason.

Because Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency and already has, and will continue to build upon its reputation. Bitcoin is going to act as purely a store of value, and will probably be used between corporations, governments, billionaires, etc - people with lots of money. It has already established itself as the most secure and reliable out there. Its very simple market forces at work with Bitcoin.

You compare Bitcoin to gold, but Bitcoin is superior to gold in several ways; its easily portable, divisible, has easy authenticity verification, easy-and secure - storage, fungible, and difficult if not impossible to counterfeit.

Now, I understand you say that there are a whole host of Altcoins out there that do more than Bitcoin, you must understand that it is also reputation and security. Bitcoin Core is the first, most experienced, and has the most exposure. This makes it superior to every coin out there. It is the original, the BLACK PENNY of cryptos.

Sorry, but if you cannot see how Bitcoin is destined to be worth a fuckton of money, then there is no more use speaking to you, because the advantages are obvious and substantial. Period.

>'s not a store of value, we already have one of those, it's called Gold: G-O-L-D, gold
What brainlets like you dont understand is that bitcoin will become gold 2.0. People will dump their gold to buy bitcoin

you do realize when bitcoin was pennies people were laughing at anyone who said it would ever hit 10$, then at 10$ those who said it would ever hit 100$ were laughed at..

etc etc etc

you are just one in the line of many non believers, and you will be shown just how wrong you are.

21 million bitcoin, billions of humans on earth. not every one will want bitcoin, but if 10% do, there is not enough for them to all even have .5 BTC

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ka3mo/its_the_perfect_time_to_buy_bitcoins/

check out that leddit thread, people were mocking the OP for predicting 50$ bitcoin.

enjoy being wrong fool

And it was the Japs that bombed Pearl Harbour. Your move, Schlomo.

It's even better than that. BTC will probably lose 20% tomorrow as soon as the fork happens, at which point you can trade your new soon-to-be-worthless Bitcoin Cash for some more temporarily-less-valuable BTC, then watch it shoot up to a new ATH by the end of August.

The question is, how do we dump our shitty BCC tomorrow? I don't see anyone trading it yet. I'm guessing China will instantly drive their own forked coin to zero, and this whole thing was just a ruse to drive BTC down so they could buy more at cheaper prices.

It won't unless it sorts the tx limit out quickly. Were basically at capacity now and segwit doesn't fix it. LN will help offload some pressure by hotswapping payments to other LN network coins.

Cryptos real hope lies in adopting a new coin that hasn't been poisoned by block stream. No, it isn't ETH. PoS is DoA

>bitcoin will become gold 2.0. People will dump their gold to buy bitcoin
Why? Why would anyone do that? There's no reason to. If I'm sitting on 10kg of gold, I'm not going to sell it and buy bitcoin, no one will.

>You compare Bitcoin to gold, but Bitcoin is superior to gold in several ways; its easily portable, divisible, has easy authenticity verification, easy-and secure - storage, fungible, and difficult if not impossible to counterfeit.

Sure, I'm not going to dispute that it's easily portable, divisible and can't be faked. But there's a big and undeniable difference:

Gold is real. Bitcoin is nothing more than zeroes and ones that has no real life use. The value of bitcoin in a world where its purpose is nothing more than a store of value is driven by some bullshit psychological non existent perception. Bitcoin isn't a thing. It's not real.

>Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency
And? The original never prevails and is eventually forgotten. Being the original of something doesn't mean it will be the most popular forever. If history has taught us anything, it's that the original is replaced and dies out at some point.

>the advantages are obvious and substantial
And the obvious disadvantage completely negates those. Bitcoin isn't a tangible commodity, and it isn't a currency.

>you do realize when bitcoin was pennies people were laughing at anyone who said it would ever hit 10$, then at 10$ those who said it would ever hit 100$ were laughed at

Just because something keeps going up doesn't mean it will continue on that trajectory forever. Seems to be something that the retards on this board don't understand.

>you are just one in the line of many non believers, and you will be shown just how wrong you are.
I believe cryptocurrency mass adoption will be revolutionary. I believe it will change the way we behave, interact and live our lives. I don't for one moment believe bitcoin will be the crypto instigating that mass adoption.

>What happens when that 1.7x increase is no longer enough and they refuse to increase blocksize, which they will do?

Bicker for another two years, and then double it again lel.

any other threads like that? i love reading people discussing Bitcoin years ago

>LN will help offload some pressure by hotswapping payments to other LN network coins
I never bothered to read the article, but didn't someone mathematically prove that LN wasn't possible? No idea if that's been debunked or not, though.

>Bicker for another two years, and then double it again lel.

Rinse and repeat.

>Gold is real. Bitcoin is nothing more than zeroes and ones that has no real life use. The value of bitcoin in a world where its purpose is nothing more than a store of value is driven by some bullshit psychological non existent perception. Bitcoin isn't a thing. It's not real.

Gold is a shiny rock.

Yo bruh. Haven't you been watching Game of Thrones?

>Bitcoin is the Targaryens. They are OG, and have ruled for a long time, until they burned everything down to the ground with fire and madness. They lose.
>Ethereum is the Boratheans. They are the rebellion. They have a lot of spirit, but will basically die while boar hunting (or Vitalik getting blown off a cliff by a gust of wind). They lose.
>All these ERC-20 tokens are the Lannisters. They are loaded, and all they do is plot and scheme. They lose.
>The blockchain that will rule for the next cycle has yet to be crowned. But spoiler alert, it isn't a close blockchain like NEO, EOS, or Tezos.

>Gold is real. Bitcoin is nothing more than zeroes and ones that has no real life use. The value of bitcoin in a world where its purpose is nothing more than a store of value is driven by some bullshit psychological non existent perception. Bitcoin isn't a thing. It's not real.
lol and internet is not real either despite being the most useful invention over the past decades? Being digital doesn't make it unreal, jus digital. Gold has no intrinsic value, it's heavy. but i love your old man rhetorics.

Nothing will change tomorrow in the bitcoin protocol newfag. Stop writing about that which you don't understand.

>with the exception of Ripple

...and Bitcoin Cash is House Qoherys.

>Gold is a shiny rock.
>Diamonds are shinier rocks.
>Oil is dirty water.

gold has been used as medium of exchange for 5000 yrs though

BTC, while interesting and new, is really too volatile to be classified as anything other than speculation at this point

ahhahahahah what shitty examples

all 3 of those are something i would 100% NOT want my money in for the next 10 years.
diamonds are artificially inflated, oil is about to get donkeypunched by solar/electric, and gold is a grandpas game.

new age investments are the future not these fucking compressed rocks and plants

>Bitcoin is a blueprint for arranging electrons

by the way ive purchased over 2 pounds of marijuana with bitcoin, no larp

it is not entirely speculation in case you weren't aware it is used for transactions

btc will reach a new ath but not now, there will be a dip tommorow and we will reach probablly near 4k(3900) before the next crash at the end of october, screencap this

it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. BTC just begins to be regulated. Gold took hundreds of years to become a mean of xchange, it didnt happen overnight.

Oil is a fuel. Gold/diamonds have no use beyond a store of value. You cannot argue "b-but b-bitcoin has no value outside a store of v-value!" while simultaneously defending gold.

Gold has historical precedent. And bitcoin wins in portability, divisibility, and forgery.

>Gold/diamonds have no use beyond a store of value

Tell that to literally any woman

+

>what is corrosion
>what is a diamond blade

>Gold is real. Bitcoin is nothing more than zeroes and ones that has no real life use.

The internet is just as real as gold.

Gold...is a rock. And you say it has no use. In fact, Bitcoin has more functionality than Gold - is was specifically made as a currency. Gold is a rock.

>Being the original of something doesn't mean it will be the most popular forever.

In this case, it does matter, like I explained - it is about reputation and security.

>Bitcoin isn't a tangible commodity, and it isn't a currency.

Then my suspicions are correct - you're too stupid to understand why Bitcoin is superior, with all due respect.

A currency is simply a medium of exchange. That is all it is. It's a way to measure and transfer wealth in an easy way.

A currency can be literally anything. Seashells can be currency, bottlecaps can be currency - anything people use as a medium of exchange is currency. We use currency because its more convenient than a pure barter and trade system.

You say Bitcoin isnt a tangible commodity, but neither is software and the various digital services you subscribe to. I'm not sure if you're just trolling, or you are just this stupid not to realize this.

Exactly my point. The Internet is a useful digital service. Bitcoin isn't. Bitcoin is not a service it's a commodity. A commodity must be physical to hold any value. Gold is. Gold is a very useful element used in a huge number of things. But let's pretend it doesn't because it would intellectually dishonest to say that the electronics industry is entirely responsible for the seemingly high price of gold. Let's say neither Gold nor Bitcoin has any intrinsic value.

Currencies come and go. People come and go. Civilisations come and go. Ideologies come and go. Languages come and go. Traditions come and go. Inventions come and go.

The one constant is Gold. Gold has been the main store of value and de facto "world currency" ever since humans found it.

Bitcoin, nothing more than a number on a screen, is not going to replace Gold as the store of values for entire civilisations. Nope. Not going to happen. And you're delusional if you think it will.

>Gold has historical precedent. And bitcoin wins in portability, divisibility, and forgery.
Yeah, and there's just the "minor" difference that Gold is... hmm. what's the word? Oh yes- REAL.

The person you're replying to is retarded. Obviously diamonds aren't worth shit and oil is being replaced- you have very valid and widely accepted opinions on those. But this idea that gold is a grandpas game is baseless and downright stupid.

cool, i can wait 3 days for my transaction to be verified so I can buy some marijuana with it. guys the cops cant track me!1!!! It's easier to buy 2 pounds from tyrone down the street with cash. Bitcoin can't be both a store of value and a method of payment. Pick one. Either way, you lose.

I'd bet less than 5% of BTC is used for actual exchange
not saying BTC doesn't have a future but it is very early, there is still a real chance BTC could be nothing

>you're too stupid to understand why Bitcoin is superior
blah blah blah i'm stupid blah blah blah i'm retarded etc etc.

There are three things we're discussing here:
Commodities/Goods - range from things like physical consumable goods e.g. wheat, to stores of value e.g. Gold.
Services - e.g. transport, internet, software
Currencies - e.g. USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, Monero, Dash, Litecoin

You're mixing them all up. A single item can only fit into one category.

>You say Bitcoin isnt a tangible commodity, but neither is software and the various digital services you subscribe to

They provide a service. Therefore they have value. Bitcoin doesn't provide a service.

Bitcoin is either a commodity or a currency, just as gold is a commodity because no one buys anything using gold. I'm sure we can both agree that bitcoin can't be used as a currency and that it has a much stronger case as a commodity (store of wealth).

> But this idea that gold is a grandpas game is baseless and downright stupid.
look at a timeline of gold prices. or here i have one for you

yeah HOLD GOLD
great plan
just retire already old man

Vitamin Buttermilk is the true king of seven cryptos.

>there is still a real chance BTC could be nothing
if every holder and newcoiner is convinced bitcoin will be worth 100k, it will have a snowball effect. It could become the most gigantic bubble in the history if everybody wants to see the price go to its maximum until the 21 millions are mined.

Those three things are not necessarily separate. Services are considered commodities. It looks like you have some learning to do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity

>They provide a service. Therefore they have value. Bitcoin doesn't provide a service.

A commodity comprises of both goods and services.

Bitcoin does not provide a service, but it still clearly has value. Bitcoin is an asset, technically covered under "goods". It just also happens to be used as a currency.

The same way for Gold. Gold is also considered a commodity - it is also classified under "goods". It is also used a currency (or used to).

>I'm sure we can both agree that bitcoin can't be used as a currency and that it has a much stronger case as a commodity (store of wealth).

It's being used as a currency right now. Again, I really encourage you to do some reading and look up what a currency is here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency

Thats why its called "Cryptocurrency" Bitcoin was literally made to be a currency.

I'm sorry, your argument fails on every front lol.

as much as you bitcoin maximalists likes to shit on altcoins, you still need them

95% of all bitcoin transaction is between exchanges, trading altcoins is what made bitcoin soar above 100$ in the first place

no one in their right mind would use bitcoin as it was intended to, to exchange between peers, it takes half a day to transfer bitcoins if you dont want to pay a retarded fee on par with the bank's

not when litecoin, ethereum, and even scam shit like bitbay is tens of times faster, coins like ripple, xem and iota is transfered almost instantly, with virtually no fee, or no fees at all in IOTA's case.

remove altcoins, and you'll see bitcoin dip down to its true value of 10$ where it was intended to be

Bitcoin is NOT used as a currency.

Besides drugs, what can I buy with it? There are a handful of sites that "accept bitcoin". What they really do is instantly convert it to USD.

And then when some new unknown site says "we are now accepting bitcoin!!1!" all you bitcoin maximalists screech
>victory for bitcoin wooh mass adoption bitcoin will take over world wooh!!!!!!!!

No. Pull your heads out of your asses. It's not a currency. It's a Ponzi scheme fuelled by delusional children like yourself.

That means its the same as bitcoin? It only has value because people think it does.

that's literally all that matters

if you asked someone what enron was worth the day before they went bankrupt, they would have just given you the daily stock price, when in reality it was worth close to nothing

Bitcoin is literally legal tender in Japan and can be used anywhere there.

Get the fuck out you newfags.

AND Japan will host the 2020 Olympic games.

No matter how much you kick and scream, Bitcoin is used as a currency, and soon other altcoins will be just as widespread as Bitcoin once the crypto renaissance really takes off.

blog.wetrust.io/list-of-merchants-that-accept-bitcoins-9f4f991b95d1

That's not "a handful" you are woefully misinformed. This is not 2013.

>What they really do is instantly convert it to USD.

USD is still the universal currency standard, no doubt about that. But BTC is clearly used as a currency and your argument fails miserably.

tell that to SONM

>Gold...is a rock
it isn't.
it's a metal.
it's also the most reliable store of value the world has ever seen.

i love btc. wish i had more. but gold is gold.

i don't understand why one needs to be better than the other.

cnbc.com/2017/07/31/bitcoin-to-surge-nearly-80-percent-to-5000-standpoints-moas-predicts.html

Normies are welcome

Japs have surpassed the White race, face it they're better than us

It's happening look at the price it's happening, it's happening, IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

>reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ka3mo/its_the_perfect_time_to_buy_bitcoins/

Looking at that OP's post history, he's still posting on plebbit, and he's still poor (he finds owning a 1080 GTX bragworthy).

Even putting a thousand dollars in Bitcoin then would have netted him 500k now.

People love to run their mouths, but when it comes to putting money on it...

No. This is where it drops. See you niggers in hell.

BITCOIN, FIRST OF ITS KING, RIGHTFUL KING OF THE DIGITAL WORLD AND FIRST OF COINS, LORD OF EVERY TIER OF INTERET, AND PROTECTOR OF THE WALLETS.