Total War

I know this probably belongs on /v/ but I've never been on that board (nor will I) and this question is more related to history.
Creative assembly has announced that its making 2 Total War games with one being in a historical time period never done before.
What time period would you have it set in?
What map would you have?
What features would you have in it?
What would be the main factions?
I personally would have it from 1815-1914 with the tech tree progressing from Napoleonic line infantry to the opening stages of world war one with red pantaloons and bolt actions (as you progress war gets more violent).
Game play wise a more in depth alliance/ diplomacy system would be great facilitating empires such as scramble for Africa and hopefully by the end of the game you would have two alliances like entente and central waiting for war but not wanting it (in conjunction with tech tree advancements making war more violent). Also more focus on buildings as well as manpower so you can develop colonies and ultimately deploy colonial troops in the final conflict.
It would be a world map and the main factions would be the Great powers of Europe and the USA.
DLC could include scramble for Africa, US civil war, Russo-Japanese war, and Franco-Prussian war
If you don't approve this thread please sage it like the cancer it is but I figure its a welcome break from all the recent /pol/ shit on this board.

>What time period would you have it set in?
3 kingdoms era
>What map would you have?
china
>What features would you have in it?
incredible historical accuracy, modelling grain production including seasons and stores, trade in salt, silk and other goods a ruler can try to have a hand in, each with their own properties, supply routes, corruption, court politics and the values you instill in your subordinates, reputation throughout the country,
>What would be the main factions?
due to the realism, events play out as they would historically without scripted events as the Han dynasty crumbles, Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Quan may not rise to rule the 3 Kingdoms but due to geography 3 polities will naturallyemerge in these regions with competition over Jing province and the northern plains having an advantage

I don't know much about Chinese history but i love your idea about grain production and stores.
Total war has always been lacking in depth of food security and it would be awesome if it could be legitimately used as a means to combat and defeat an enemy without having to confront him in conventional war.
Would their only be 3 factions though? (excuse my ignorance but I just assumed from the 3 kingdoms title)

b-boopy-b-bump?

i am very surprised they moved away from harrypotter total war or whatever that fag fantasy was

i just know that their next historical game is going to be a political correctness nightmare with token black units and female generals

they always shit on history and have no respect for the dead

That time period is technically difficult to model. You'd have to move from line infantry tactics up to individual soldiers. We're not really there yet I'm afraid.

Come to think of it I'm not sure what they'll be doing. Unless it's china most of the periods they've avoided thus far have been for technical reasons. Maybe dark ages? You'd have to do a lot more balancing of religion and social life which could be cool?

Renaissance era pls
They sorta have done this with the Empire faction in Total warhammer but obviously i'd like pike and shot without rapist deamons and gay elves

A grand strategy game can only be so detailed. It's better than what gets taught in American public schools though.

It's combing them in an asthetically pleasing yet low CPU usage way that's the problem. Maybe things are finally fast enough.

looking at this chart in the OP makes me yearn for yakko warner reading off all the possessions of the british empire to song

>They do a fantasy game that does not appeal to your interests
>OMG THERE SJWS FAGGOTS XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
You sound this retarded

I really hope they take those ideas from attila forward. Maybe a simpler and better supply line system than the one used in Divide et Impera and a population system.
What if I told you black units have been there in total war for a long time, and so have female units.

We already got Age of Charlemagne, which is a god tier expansion

1450-1700

Mainly based in Europe and MIddle east but with ability to colonise and make reside routes in America, Africa and Asia

Imagine the 30 years war in a total war game it would be great, plus the ottomans expanding far into Europe

Trade routes *

I was thinking more like the real beginning of ww1 with infantry still marching in lines.

I mean, they've done a little bit of pike and shot in Shogun 2 which is set right in the era. You can even get Portuguese terico's in Shogun 2. The issue is that I don't think in any of the games where you can sorta of simulate pike and shot they fully implement the extreme coordination between pike and arquebus / musket units outside of just running them back behind your pikes / what ever unit when melee or cavs get too close.

funny enough you can do rough linear tactics in every total war game after medieval 2.

French Revolution.
Would be interesting if you were King and had to put down what was essentially a nationwide riot. Plus the other intervening European countries would be cool.

The five dynasties and 10 kingdoms period in China would also be cool. Lots of factions, one mandate of heaven.

>tfw no late bronze age collapse total war

i don't mind nubian mercenaries' and female DLC units i don't have to buy i just hate em when their mixed in

i reloaded Attila a couple months ago and played a horde

when i was playin a battle i kept on hearing screeching , i freaking zoomed on down and realized they through in a bunch of warrior women via an update

talk about an immersion kill

They sort of did that at the end of Empire but it would be sweet as a focused DLC instead of one region being all of France and Empire wasn't great

Rome total war 1 had literal berserker women in the game.
>via an update
low level levy troops had women warriors because they were low level levy troops.

Yeah, and I try to do it and it's just not the most effective tactic. Shogun, Arrow vollys are just way more effective, Medieval you can just rush with melee and again, Arrows are more effective.
Hell I tried it in Total Warhammer and the gunner units in that game are specialized for a specific enemy, and again. Arrow units are just better.
And of course empire is set at the point where the guns are effective enough that you can see off pike and musket formations really easily.

I just want a world map so bad, Empires was so disappointing with south america, Africa, and the east indies being literally nothing but trade routs to highlight the annoyance of pirates.

I would like one that goes from 1510 to 1910.

Map could include the entire world; the sheer scale of the maps that have been made lately can dwarf that of Empire with a lot more detail.

Features: Colonization, ability to (if playing non-Western nations) to modernize aspects of your nation. For the Chinese dynasties (Ming and Qing) a system revolving around the Mandate of Heaven, where, if a Chinese dynasty loses their capital and fails to retake it within a say twenty years, the rest of their territory defects to the new dynasty; another feature of a Mandate of Heaven could be that, if you lose a major city (e.g. Hong Kong) or have to make a humiliating peace deal, a whole province, along with any armies and garrisons in it, will revolt. For non-Western countries, modernizing *completely* should result in a civil war (this would give incentive to not rush all the modernizing techs and reforms, and instead try slow, gradual reform of various sectors). Another good feature would be a way to simulate the political struggle between liberals and reactionaries throughout the world; make it so that industrializing temporarily lowers public order (simulating sweatshops, unemployment, the works), and can lead to revolts, but refusing to industrialize at all leads to an increase in the costs of buildings and units over time, which can leave you more vulnerable to foreign invasion.

Main factions: The European Nations, the Indian states, the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and SE Asian countries; Mesoamerican empires and city-states, the Inca in SA, Mali, Ethiopia, Kongo, the Ottomans and Persians.

DLC could include campaigns with a greater focus (meaning more detailed campaign map) on the conquest of the Aztec and Inca; the rise of the Mughal Empire, and the unification of Italy.

That would be quite a game. Probably won't pull it off.

Oh dog I was not aware. There goes my night..

So just empire total war but longer?Yet. We're getting there don't worry.

I want a total war game where the people feel pain.

I want them to throw up their hands toward the sky and beg for salvation and forgiveness as they are being hacked apart.

I want the people to feel hate, as they march through a conquered city and kill anything that moves.

I want to see the soldiers taking out the frustration of a long siege on the women and children in city. I want to see whole families jumping from the top of the highest point of the city to avoid capture.

PTSD dlc

I agree that we probably aren't to the point where such a large campaign map could exist, but remember how much bigger and more detailed Rome II and Attila's campaign maps were compared to Empire's and Napoleon's; we went from like two cities with a few small towns that didn't grant any control making up an entire country (I think France only had three cities in it; you could knock France out of the game and only fight one battle), to multiple provinces with two or three cities each making up the same area, in like 6 years.

yes, we could implement a chemical algorithm that changes a characters ideology or religion based on what they experience in game

even through in a formula where they commit suicide , an excellent idea

If they pulled off 1914 it would be incredible.

I would probably start drinking if my general committed suicide after seeing a massive charge fail.

It should be Mughal: Total War. There is absolutely no other option.

If, by some catastrophe, it must be something else, then either Tamerlane: Total War or Genghis: Total War.

I just love the idea of 1914 units going into battle with bolt action but still in lime formation. Further more naval battles with dreadnoughts almost like tushima would be awesome, ships could be extremely expensive so loosing one would be devastating with unique names that would be published unlike in empire where if you lost a 1St rate you'd just build another.
Also war casualties instead of just battles so you can see the grand impact of a war in comparison to others.

yes it would be sad and even more so when you get to know him on a personal level, overtime you decide to make him your prophet and use him spread your will across the lands

but alas he is a mere mortal character and prone to death and disease , your mourning for him will be short lived however for upon your prophets death you will save him and import him to live again into another world to be played out for your amusement

Then it just becomes Company of Heroes where everyone turtles.

If I understood him right you begin before the three kingdoms era begins in full, which means that China is divided between many warlords. Historically three factions, Cao Wei, Sun Wu, and Liu Shu were the only ones to remain in the end, and they had a stalemate for some decades until the power in Cao Wei was usurped and a fourth faction conquered China .

Sub-Saharan Africa 1881-1918

A full world map is too large for TW's scale and real European wars with industrial tech are also far out of scale. It would be stupid. Limiting players to the colonial governors of the Scramble for Africa, leading small modern colonial armies against natives and each other, makes far more sense and can be modeled in more detail.

Jesus Christ, no. Are you twelve? Do you not remember how fucking broken Empire was trying to do a tiny fraction of that?

Be realistic you fucking mongoloids. Limited time periods and settings like are the only reasonable option.

>food supply maintenance
Maybe early early game, but I absolutely hate administrative stuff that slows you down after you hit military techs and large armies.

And yes I absolutely want it to be China, or have them be like the romans in Attila. It's already borderline inexcusable that they haven't been included as is. Even Americans would have added them by now.

>he doesn't BAR-blob everything to death in the early game

In that case, I would recommend East Asia (including Indochina) from the 1840's to 1912. I don't think that's too much to ask. It would be a setting only about as large as Rome II and Attila, and the time period isn't that immense either.

DLC could be Boxer Rebellion, Xinhai Revolution, and, even though it's outside the scope of the original game, the Indian Rebellion of 1857.

What do you think of that?

>What time period would you have it set in?
The Russian Civil War.
>What map would you have?
Russia and a sizable portion of Eastern Europe & the Baltic
>What features would you have in it?
Expand the political side of the game, make building alliances and backstabbing a important part of victory, due to the differing ideologies involved work to make the economic/building side more distinct for each faction. Ideally include political decisions that can lead down alternative paths a la Kaiserreich.
>What would be the main factions?
The Whites/Tsarists, Bolsheviks, Anarchist Black Army of the Ukraine, The Greens (independent peasant armies that fought against having their villages's food "requistioned" by the others), and maybe expeditionary forces from other states. Each side would ideally be broken down into a few smaller factions, such as the Mongolian followers of that batshit insane "Bloody White Baron" who thought he was Genghis Khan reincarnated.

Also, how can you say no to mule-drawn "technicals" with maxim guns?

Fertile Crescent Total War.

>60 fuel
>early game
>no supply depot

it has some excellent mods like the age of vikings.

I play extremely modded TW so that gunpowder fires slow but deletes units and infantry in general has higher mass.

When Empire was released I read a post in a forum.
"So Medieval II ends with Reinassence, and now we are moving to the XVIII century, is like Creative pourposely skips Spanish hegemony over Europe."

Warlords era China could be pretty sick

This but unironically

>Total War: Alexander
>Total War: Reformation
>Total War: Scramble for Africa
>Total War: The Great War
>Total War: Prehistory

Remember they have to market these to normies so the period must be both generally known and seen as cool. I am actually willing to put money on it being WW1 or Alexander.

>Total War: Reformation
30 Years War DLC pls

Chinese warlords had soldiers wielding swords into the 1940s.
What the fug.

Rome 2 had sub saharans and females more powerful than spartan pikemen
Don't be jelly on warhammer just because you didn't grow up with it

They already did Alexander
But barbarian conquest became Atilla
>be Chinese
>have shit supply lines so you have o eat peasants
>people wonder why you keep swords unlike Europeans who do it just for ceremony

This. The 30 Jahre Kreig mod is bloated, the engine really has aged, and the AI is retarded.

If they were to just make a Reformation/Pike and Shotte era game, I think it'd be better to focus on a few specific settings (think Napoleon's Italy and Egyptian campaigns) for the 30 Years War and English Civil War, and then an overall campaign with less detail but more factions.

Speaking of which, has anyone played Pike and Shot: Campaigns (1494 - 1698)? It's mainly just combat rather than building, but it has the autistic attention to detail that I would love for the era.

>Total War: The Great War
>Not The Great: Total War

I want a game were you can be a greek philosopher, create your own texts, debate others, go on adventure with others and explore, leave behind a rich legacy that influences the world. Have races to who gets mathematical questions first. Idk will never get made tho. Maybe as life choice were you can also chose to be merchant/soldier etc.

im just droning on now but you get the picture

>not der totalen krieg

I love playing as the Lombards and have to constantly deal with my own puppet state's shit. No matter how much I try those fuckers always betray me.

>what do you want?
medieval 3
>what map
>a larger, cleaner, and more updated version of m2's map
>what features would you have
more buildings, I get the game is focused on fighting battles but the grand strategy aspect is extremely weak. recent total war games have been focused on multiplayer battles and it disturbs me.
>main factions
mostly the same as m2

Oh god please no more central asian nomads. The huns were so boring to play, both as and against.

Song Mongol Era Asia

sounds authentic to me.
If you have an army stationed close to them they generally try and stay passive.
>the huns were boring to play against
>he hasn't played as christian barbars with fragile morale when horseniggers cross the rise and start burning down forests with flaming shot.

Total Great War