Where did the meme that only the Marine Corp sees combat come from?

American light infantry in the army sees tons of action, why aren't they given the credit?

Other urls found in this thread:

defenseone.com/technology/2015/10/russia-mind-bae-revives-light-tank-90s/122731/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

marines have better advertising

Because NCIS is so popular and your marines are your Samarai or knights templar

DUH DUNT DUN DUH DUNT

Basically this. But the Marine corps is like going to battle with all Chads vs going to war with random jerk offs. Everybody wanna be Chad.

god damn i meant to post this on/k/ but i guess Veeky Forums can work

>random jerk offs
paratroopers are random jerk-offs?

American paratroopers are ridiculously iconic.

why is everything about the military so fucking gay

why is everything about YOU so fucking gay

hmmMMm?

Yes that is the portrayal.

USMC can be deployed to fuck up shit for 90 days without congressional approval, so yeah. We're in the shit while you people are still inventorying your beans, bullets and blankets.

they are the kind of people who got conned into dying for Israel for shitty paychecks and drug induced PTSD

The entire military can be.

That's how the War Powers Act works.

Why do you think Trump could Tomahawk the shit out of a Syrian air base?

The Marines are, as an institution, built around expeditionary warfare and rapid deployment of combined arms forces, but this is some dumbass barracks lawyer shit.

>being proud of being the CIA's glorified hitmen

aren't there multiple paratrooper units that are alos on a 24 hour standby?

The Marines niche is bringing an entire combined arms package.

The Marines will bring tanks, fighter jets, artillery, and mechanized infantry, all on short notice, and all crewed by Marines.

This causes some problems because now there's a push towards more integration between branches, and the Marines are inclined to do everything they can in-house, but it's a pretty neat capability nonetheless.

>US has the Rangers
>every burger I meet is full on marine shill
Why?

The Marines have an interesting history and institutional culture, and the uniforms look cool.

Also, the average American thinks that it was the Marines wading ashore during the Normandy landings, because the average American isn't that bright.

i was going to politly enquire about the use of the Regimental Combat Team because my grandfather was in the 517th Parachute RCT in WW2 and i understood that that was their whole concept.

A quick Wikipedia browse showed me that they stopped that in the Army after the Korean War which saddens me greatly, now only the Marine Corp uses it.

>The Marines have an interesting history and institutional culture, and the uniforms look cool.
>this isn't true about the Army Airborne

the second bit is sadly true i guess, but the 101st got the whole Band of Brothers series

defenseone.com/technology/2015/10/russia-mind-bae-revives-light-tank-90s/122731/

I'm hoping the era of the air-dropped tank comes back, because they're really cool.

The rangers were there before the PIR was formed.

I feel like Marines and Airborne are both pretty well liked and well known.

They're like the SEALs, they're media darlings.

At least coming from /k/, Airborne has a lot of the same stereotypes around them that the Marines do, meatheads, don't listen to advice, try to solve problems with bravado.

>meatheads, don't listen to advice, try to solve problems with bravado.
comes with the line of work i guess? not excusing it, but if your whole job is to get as far into the enemy's shit as possible, it'll attract a certain type of lad.

I'm just repeating what I've heard.

I've never slept in a hole, and I'm not about to talk shit about anyone who has.