I have a question on multi mining:

I have a question on multi mining:
There are some sites that compare the most profitable coin to mine within some algorithm. The results there may change frequently. So the best strategy seems to always mine the most profitable coin. I know that there are some mining pools using this strategy.

Now i wonder if I can't do that on my own:
Like in week 1, i join a pool that only mines coin A (which is the most profitable one at the time). In week 2 I join an other pool that mines coin B (most profit in week 2). And so on.

I guess there is some mistake in the strategy but I did not figure out which one yet. Maybe you guys can help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/coins.json
github.com/autominer/autominer/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We only help people, not pajeets or chinese.

>guess there is some mistake in the strategy but I did not figure out which one yet. Maybe you guys can help me?

Yeah the mistake is you are a fucking retard. People have been doing this for almost a decade now.

Still?

>still?

Yes, fucking "still"

they aren't mining sha256 but are doing multipool for equihash, cryptonite, etc

Do you know if they are doing it as a collective or that they are individuals with amateur hashing powers and just always switch pools?

both

>what is nicehash

+

there's a million fucking scripts on github to DIY if you don't want to pay the nicehash fee

Thanks!

One last thing: If I have a script that switches automatically between coins and I hit a pool where there are tons of hashpower in, I have a little chance to hit the coin. So does the script "know" where to mine to have realistically a chance?

you need to do some basic research on how pool mining works

the whole point to pool mining is so that you don't have to mine blocks yourself

I think I got that. But doesn't one of those scripts you showed me work just for me as an individual? So i always just bring my (very poor) hashing power in and habe low reward chances? I guess one of those multipools runs its own script so I just habe to join the server?

multipool is not solo mining, it's just regular old pool mining with a profitability checker

what about zpool, bro ?

Thanks man

I don't use any of that bullshit

I have 5-6 coins and the requisite configuration scripts and miners set up in an AutoIT script that checks a profitability api every hour and switches if need be

on my nix machines I have the same logic in a cron job

set it up once and save the 1-2% you are paying out of your profits for a 100 lines of code

Do you have any basic literature to get into all those specific things?

i don't know anything of coding bro, since i have just 2 rigs...for me is no problem checking 2 times a day

whattomine.com/coins.json
github.com/autominer/autominer/releases

Btw this is still OP here, just switched to PC.
Do you have ASIC or GPUs? From what i saw so far, it seems much more profitable to get one of those ASIC things. The hardest part is to get one of those for a reasonable price, right?

that's awesome brother, and you sell the coins with api ? automatically ? great

stop trying to solo mine

I don't want to really solo mine, my idea would be to switch the pools frequently. So the switching of the entire pool is the "solo" part, and then i would like to stay in the pool for one specific coin until another coin is more benefical and then switch to a pool mining that coin.

I don't mine sha256, no one that isn't getting subsidized electricity should. I mine equihash and cryptonite coins like zcash and monero

my exchange handles the autosell for me

wow, thats awesome, which exchange ?

bittrex

Do you think that because of those electricity issues that PoW will be more and more replayced by PoS, so basically mining will die out?

they sell at a fair price ?

there is probably an optimal scaling ratio between PoS/PoW

you can read sunny king's peercoin white paper and listen to some vlad zamfir interviews about casper for a decent background

yes you can choose bid/ask/market

>sunny king's peercoin white paper
Do you think that it is possible to learn the coding like you described earlier? I have a technical background from university and very basic coding knowledge. Or is the coding required for that things too difficult for a hobby coder?

to code a multiminer script? it's extremely easy and you can do it in practically any language

Nice thanks. Would you, as a complete beginner, still enter the whole mining thing today? I mean I don't want to get rich with it but euqipment should at least pay off after some time and maybe some little profit should be possible in future.

probably not

on average you will pay for your equipment costs in about 90 days assuming price/difficulty ratio remains the same. Then of course you can make a profit if you sell your GPUs but the whole endeavor is probably not worth the time and uncertainty at this point, plus you will be dealing with shitheads on ebay that want to scam you because their new GPU is 'artifacting'

the best move would be to buy coins directly or buy amd/nvidia stock if you think there is still profitability in mining

I think a 90 pay off is still quite optimistic from what I got so far. If more and more people like me get into mining the hashrate will probably explode so profits will decline significantly. That's my biggest concern: If I already heard about, many others did too, so hashrate is going to moon and all my calculations that I do TODAY are wrong...

hashrate can't explode atm because there is no GPU supply

you will need to track the new vega stock

but again, not worth your time, especially if your electricity is not subsidized

there are other ways to profit, such as stocking up on GPUs if/when you can and holding them until there is another price spike and then unloading them (as new) on amazon/ebay

but buying 2000w psus, bridging rails, setting up risers, buying many-pcie mobos, kill-a-watt, racks, etc, plus the noise and heat from summer mining just doesn't make sense at this point, especially if you have not set up and tweaked a mining rig before. You will need to create and flash custom bioses and fan profiles, etc.

if you have hydro electrical rates or lived in a cold-weather climate it might make more sense