Can conservatism and libertarianism exist together?

Can conservatism and libertarianism exist together?

Take me, for example, I'm a social conservative but I think having an overbearing state to enforce my (good to me, bad to others) beliefs is a far greater evil. In simpler terms, I have disdain for drug use and homosexuality but I think all drugs should be legal and the state should have nothing to do with all types of marriage.

Is this a viable position to have? Also, does this belong on /pol/? I figured here would be better since 1) that board is shit and 2) this deals with the struggle between authoritarianism/libertarianism and whether humans should be able to choose their own destiny or not (hurr &humanities)

>Take me, for example
*tips*

Fuck off
Yes OP, that's a perfectly fine stance to have

Unlimited freedom and liberty for ourselves authoritarian conformity for the rest

surprise your an average human

Liberty for all, no authoritarian conformity whatsoever. I think the most successful society is one that follows the ideals of said authoritarian society but only if the act of following is willingly.

>ollows the ideals of said authoritarian society but only if the act of following is willingly.
>liberty for all
>but dont break the law or do anything bad ever
>but we wont enforce that or anything
gee yeah that would be the most successful society considering its a childish nonsensical fantasy

Tradionalism is what you're looking for most likely.

It worked in America up until the sixties. You could be gay, or you could be a slut, but it was frowned upon. Unfortunately we had strict drug laws but that's just one of many issues.

I was thinking something like paleoconservative/paleolibertarian

Long term I doubt it.
Lobbying will eventually expand the state to subsidize big corporations or monopolies

If you has disdain for drugs and homosexuality why do you support capitalism that makes degeneracy profitable and why do you not support a strong state that will purge degeneracy?

> 'sperg man go home

I'd rather people be able to choose good or bad rather than be coerced to act good (by a force of questionable goodness)

>I was thinking something like paleoconservative/paleolibertarian

if thats what you were thinking then you have no idea what sort of conditions gave birth to those ideas and why there are not relevant today

then you would rather have gays and drugs in your society

They're going to be there anyway, the real question is how badly do you want to be raped by the state?

>They're going to be there anyway

but they don't have to be as prevalent as they are now with a strong state to fight drugs use and fagotry

>gays/drugs
>authoritarian state
I choose the former
Explain

Adultery too?

>I choose the former
/thread

Of course

And sodomy?

You can be politically libertarian but culturally conservative. Meaning you don't want people to use drugs and practice polygamy but if they really want to it's their own choice to do so.

This is what I'm saying but instead we get retards in this thread such as