Is Criminology a legit discipline... or just a meme?

Is Criminology a legit discipline... or just a meme?

Undergrad criminal justice and criminology is a meme. Graduate school isn't

Have they ever made a single accurate prediction?

That a white dude is more likely to do an act of terrorism

that's not very accurate

Commit a crime and let us know how quickly this "meme" finds you and imprisons you.

Depends where you do it. Cities like Chicago only solve 15-20% of their murders and something like 3% of attempted murders. Those crimes are de facto legal in places like that.

It's a cultural marxist branch.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I am pretty sure governments and corporations try to monopolize a scientific approach to psychology while suppressing it amongst the general public so they are more susceptible to their strategies. Criminal psychology is suppressed because it is too widespread and they don't want any leaks.

And how high do you imagine that would be WITHOUT criminology?

That's because most homicides on the south and west sides are teenagers taking pot-shots at each other. See someone in your neighborhood that you don't recognize? He's probably a rival gang member trying to muscle in on your turf. Better shoot six rounds in his general direction and then run away. That's why gun related incidents in Chicago only have like a 20% rate of mortality. Also explains the outrageous amount of collateral damage.

Just like psychology, it needs to be combined with genetics/biology.

inb4 "muh racism"

Based on what, statistics?

Lefties published a study that whites killed more people via terrorism than Muslims did since 2002 (conveniently ignoring 9/11).

They didn't adjust for the fact that whites outnumber Muslims 60 to 1 in America, so they actually proved that Muslims are more likely to kill you via terrorism.

>Criminal psychology is suppressed because it is too widespread and they don't want any leaks.
They teach it in schools...

Also It's not as if you can suppress that kind of information and still have access to it more than a generation after, much less continue to expand on it. Psychology is a very wide and very open field. (Sometimes, a bit too much so.)

I also don't see how this is a history or humanities thread... Though I'm not sure where to put it either. Criminology and psychology are sciences, however soft, so I guess, .

You're missing the fact that Muslims are classified as white.

Meme. in my 4th year for a degree in it, it's simplistic criminal worship. It is as useful as a three year bachelor or arts but it can meme you into a seemingly related profession that isn't related at all.

Oddly enough I only encountered this when they talked about native americans in canada. With every other group it was all "systemic racism, poverty, bad peer groups etc" but with the natives they presented it like a mystery. They didn't even blame residential schools or whatever.

seriously? that sort of gives me more motivation if I ever decided to commit murder(no FBI plz). Would you happen to know the national average % for murders solved?

That's the problem. Crimonology is a Social Sciences offspring (among others) and now SS is a marxist trash-can.

Only when they commit crimes, they count as shitskins for purposes of affirmative action.

I mean they teach fallacious criminal psychology in schools while suppressing scientific criminal psychology. Freud is a class example of someone whose spurious theories were given largess by his in-law Edward Bernays.