Modern day Italians aren't related to the Romans of old times

Modern day Italians aren't related to the Romans of old times
Take a look at Italy, they can't even take out their own trash properly.
Romans were known to be organised as fuck and had high discipline.
Italians have been utterly useless in every single war for the last 1500 years.
Romans were known for their excellency in battle.
Let's take a look at Capitoline Brutus
>Blue eyes (we know this because the sculptor used ivory for the whites and blue glass for the pupils)
>Square jaw
>High cheekbones
>Heavy brow
>long nose
>long face
These are all features that can't be commonly found among Italians.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_hairstyle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WIR

That nose is an Italian nose, and Italians often have high cheekbones and long faces.

WAREN

KAISER

Sad but true.
If Italians were dark like modern Italians then they would have made people like Brits, Belgians etc dark through rape.

uhhh user...

>Farage

Use your brain user

The opposite is true. My dad is Italian, my mom is British and me and my brother inherited my mom's fair features (medium brown hair, blue eyes, ect). The same is true for my dad's uncle who married an Irishwomen.

Still, countless examples exist. These people wouldn't look out of place in Naples or Rome yet are as British as they come.

Meant for

I wish Veeky Forums had moderation

It's about averages not individuals. The original Nordic looking Romans looked just like their fellow Celto-Germanic tribals they fought with.
Then came the Arab merchants and slaves who changed everything.

Why do people assume that all romans looked similar? Even the original kingdom of Rome has three constituent ethic groups

You're right the swarthy Etruscans from Turkey probably did make certain regions of Italy darker but only a bit.

There's basically no proof that the original romana looked Nordic at all
That blond hair was considered uncommon enough that 'blond' was a last name should show you that they probably had a lot of darker hair

Brown is also a last name for Anglos doesn't mean it's rare to have brown hair.

Reality makes southern Euros butthurt and guess what, you can't hide behind bullshit excuses when the genetic line of evidence proves that Celto-Nordic folks conquered the Italian peninsula.

This meme has been debunked a thousand times already.

"Molecular anthropology found no evidence of significant Northern geneflow into the Italian peninsula over the last 1500 years. On the other hand, the bulk of Italian ethnogenesis occurred prior to Germanic or non European invasions. Geneticists agree that no migrations other than the Greek and Balkan settlement in Southern Italy and Sicily had any substantial biological impact on Italians.[11][12]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy

>Reality makes southern Euros butthurt and guess what, you can't hide behind bullshit excuses when the genetic line of evidence proves that Celto-Nordic folks conquered the Italian peninsula.
proofs with citation?

WE

There's literally no proof of that. We have basically no genetic studies of ancient romans cause they didn't leave mummies or tombs and it doesn't even make sense historically. Most of Italy was only ever later conquered by Germanic tribes, yet they have lots of dark features

WUZ

>Be Italy
>Sunnier than the north
>People tend to have darker hair and skin
>This is a shock
wew

ROMANS

Daily Reminder that Shitalians got brown after the Carracas edict

Not sure about Italian peninsula but very soon royal Mycenean DNA results will be revealed. Within days or weeks.

They will say that the upper class came from the north and was similar to Nordic folks while the lower class was less white.

You don't even need Roman DNA specifically you just need to compare 1000 BC to modern or 1000 AD and it will show that the people aren't the same.

>compare 1000 bc to 1000 ad
What?

>People tend to have darker hair
sun bleaches the hair, you retard.

This pretty much only confirms that mixed race relationships between Italians and moors/Ethiopians was seen as taboo and degenerate.

>sun bleaches the hair,
Is that why so many sub-Saharan blacks have blond hair?

You really think Germanic are the only people to have green or grey eyes? I pity you and your narrow incorrect understanding of phenotypes.

Cause they don't descend from the eastern hunter gatherers and have no neanderthal DNA

And that's why sunny south Europe is 100% blond while Germanic Europe is brown haired?

I really think you snowshits should just die already.

1000 BC would be around the time of the invasion of Indo-European Italic people(related to Celts and Germanics). That was when their Roman blood was at their purest.

Blonde hair is special as it's a recessive gene, 30-40% of all Iberians have sephardi jew DNA and they're identical to sandnigs.
Greeks are identical to Turks.
They can't be blonde cause they're not pure.

And exactly what sources do you have for this?

Are you retarded? Google Indo-European languages.

I know about the indo European language family you retard. What evidence do you have that 100% pure celts moved into Italy and totally destroyed the other groups already living there?

Even if we assume your idiotic stats, what about the 70% pure Spanish who were Celtiberian?

We'll find out the specific scale of this invasion eventually.

So basically you're just bullshitting

They're identitcal to sandniggers
It's obvious they're rapebabies, we all know how much non whites love to rape.

>Italians have been utterly useless in every single war for the last 1500 years.
Sacking of Constantinople? Lepanto?

So even rural villagers were all uniformely raped?

Like I said, you can hide behind bullshit now but not forever. This matter will be settled within years.

Your Greek bros will be massively butthurt soon I can't wait.

>long nose cant be found among italians
ok

Do you know how medieval warfare worked?
There were foragers all over, of course rural farmers would've been raped

We have minimal data on it. And until someone invents a time machine, you'll just be bullshitting

>minimal data

Genetic evidence is valid. You can tell apart ethnogenetic affinities from bones without failure if the DNA has been preserved.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>expecting /pol/tards to know history

>this enrages and confuses the /pol/tard

>Wikipedia

Don't think so.

ITT

>Every people was exactly the same 3000 years ago, despite invasions of various different people that interbred with the population
>You mean to say that Roman people looked different then? You stupid nordicist!

pol always says italians arent white tho

>every single empire that did something was white but then they became brown and then white again when they did something but then brown again

Is this a We wuz kangs n shiet thread or a Wir waren kaiser und Scheisse thread?

Considering all Mycenean men were painted with black hair and tanned brownish skin I doubt it, but I'll wait for the study to be published to laugh at your face

Incredible cherry picked picture. In most Roman frescoes the people look like modern Italians. Just like Italy today they had a minority (maybe 5-10%) Who had blond hair.

>That third image
THICC

greeks with etruscans, you can see the greek on the left, who has blonde hair and pale skin, in contrast to the etruscans who were non-aryan.

There's no evidence that that guy is supposed to be a Greek. He could be a Gaul, who were much closer to the etruscans.
See

do you know what a tan is?

>brown hair
>brown eyes
>the result of a tan

>They aren't the same dood like compare how I think people do things today in contrast to what I idealize from a thousand years ago, right?
>Now let's look at one specimen lol amirite? Pastaniggers are stoopid
Your thread is bad.

>I'll post this neoclassical sculpture that's in no way contemporary to ancient Rome. That'll show him..

Second from the right is how the Egyptians painted Greeks who visited them. Note the hair color

that's not greeks, those are semites you idiot

It's a Libyan, Nubian, Greek and egyptian

So according to wiki they are women
>The women are depicted as fair-skinned and the men as dark, in keeping with the gender conventions established in the Near East, Egypt and Archaic Greece.
So yeah I don't know if greek women that look like man or the painting is incomplete

yes, because women just magically have a completely different phenotype than the men

How many times a day do we have to have these threads? A week?
>Rome was clean.
Hell no, most of Rome was NOT sanitary. Only the public forum or areas with government buildings sure. It was a huge urban city and most urban cities have the reputation of being pretty dirty.

They'd likely be paler as aristocratic women wouldn't work in the feilds

And the haircolor?

you should know that being in the sun actually bleaches white people's hair and makes it lighter...

Chance or artistic convention. You still have no proof it's supposed to be a Greek

The article says that women use to represented on paintings as fair skinned and the man as dark skinned.
A wild guess because probably women were in Doors and not outside like man, but this isn't rare since the egyptians also did this
>keeping with the gender conventions established in the Near East, Egypt and Archaic Greece.
Just like demons and non believers were paint black in some middle ages paintings

>1000 bc
Poor backwater with nothing of importance, dominated by other groups
>1000 ad
Richest area of Europe, fought over by all the other powers

Manlets win again.

Why are you snowniggers still using facial features in literally two thousandth and seven teen as a way to measure ethnicity?

Just google a genetic map of Europe.

>What are Macedonians.
What does that have to do with all Greeks?

macedonians are hellenic

>Etruscan has blond hair
>foreigner doesn't
What is this even supposed to show?

it's not an etruscan

People dye their hair you know?
>With respect to the colour of the hair, black was the most frequent, but blonde (xanthe kome) was the most prized. In Homer, Achilles, Odysseus and other heroes are represented with blonde hair. At a later time it seems to have been not infrequent to dye hair, so as to make it either black or blonde, and this was done by men as well as by women, especially when the hair was growing grey.
>Blonde hair was as much prized by the Romans as by the Greeks, and hence the Roman ladies used a kind of composition or wash to make it appear this colour (spuma caustica).
>False hair or wigs were worn both by Greeks and Romans.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_hairstyle

Who's it supposed to be then? According to your own identification, he has the same skin tone and features as the etruscans in

the person on the left is etruscan but untanned

>VI.14.43 (atrium of a House of the Large Brothel); 1520: Blondie has taught me to hate dark-haired girls. I shall hate them, if I can, but I wouldn’t mind loving them. Pompeian Venus Fisica wrote this

You're using hair color as an a priori way to describe ancestry

>blonde hair is rare enough to be a way to describe someone as unique
Hmmmmmm

That isnt supposed to be a greek but a phoenician

It's a greek

To be honest, he looks italian. Those features aren't that rare.

>long nose
>long nose

Super Italian features that I have

>high cheekbones

Easily found in Italy

>square jaw

Not the most common but still very well present

>blue eyes

About 30% of Italians have it, almost 1/3rd

Northing weird about him

Do we need this thread everyday?