Ouch.

JUST

Damn

>claim to be blockchain developer
>want to build stuff on blockchain
>cant even link the right wallet

Why do people keep giving these retards money

Im sure theyll claim they got (((hacked))) in a month or two and disappear

So this is the new scam? This is the 3rd I have heard of. Tazo stole millions did and never heard anything else about it

you almost hope its a scam because then it at least wouldn't be as stupid as losing $1.4 million of peoples money to copy paste

thats a lot to be sending at once. why didnt they send in parts? really makes you think

People are actually falling for this? The "wrong" address belongs to the devs. They're just using this as an excuse to back out of their obligations and run off with the money.

This, this so fucking hard that it makes my head hurt

Somebody check that address on the blockchain. If they are telling the truth that address should only have incoming transactions. It should be not owned in 99.99999999999999999% of the cases. As a developer myself this does seem like a fault some retarded pajeet could make. Since it looks valid but but is not because JavaScript rounds off large numbers like that. (It uses floating point) So if the address is in use they calculated it in front to what the mistake would result.

Just checked it, seems like they are telling the truth for now. 0 outgoing transactions. etherscan.io/address/0x03e4b00b607d0980668ca6e50201576b00000000#internaltx

Obviously they're going to wait a few months or even years before transferring out of it. It'd defeat the purpose of the lie if they immediately transferred money out of what is supposed to be a random nonsense address.

As far as the "it looks like it's truncated" part, there are tools for creating custom ETH addresses with your private key that match regex, it just takes forever depending on how specific you are. People use them to create retarded meme addresses, like with the custom Veeky Forums ID tools.

>Tazo stole millions
Tazos? source

they got b00bed

We need to invent a new word for this wrongposting

I suggest:
>shitposting
>RSVPosting
>wrongaddressposting

HOLY FUCK ADDRESS BELONGS TO ME HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE THIS IS INSANE

in the 1/1,000,000,000 chance that could actually happen, staff only checked the first 4 characters to verify it?
total bullshit

This seems less of a scam and more of the devs being complete fucking morons who don't know how to even use Ethereum

Send me 5 eth as proof.

0xf0b622cbB9731f5E58760d5dE89Ed0E90D1da7b8

Can you transfer ETH to adresses that haven't been created yet?
And can those adresses still be generated (and thus "claimed")?

Honestly, I never even thought anybody would be this stupid.

>Can you transfer ETH to adresses that haven't been created yet?
Meant that as in "or are they sent into the nirvana"?

this is an invalid address like blockchain.info/address/1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE

Damn.
I guess people would have started generating adresses if it was a legit one.