/rgt/-Robinhood General Thread

How's AMD doing guys? Edition

Cryptoshills, please let us have our safe space*

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

investorplace.com/2017/07/advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-stock-is-hanging-by-a-thread/
investing.com/economic-calendar/ism-manufacturing-pmi-173
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to care about losing $5
I feel nothing now

>Bazinga.

>robinhood doesnt allow me to properly day trade
>dont have enough money to cover commissions at brokers that allow it with no lower account limit
>just wanna trade
>no good simulators

Guys I bought Comstock mining. Did I get memed? Also Diana containerships. I'm so new to this.

So Robin hood isn't good for making cash? I figured \biz\ was a wash cause every time I've came here I just get turned off.

Get out of XXII quick or hold for a while? They have a pretty damn good looking future

You can easily make cash in stocks if you have patience

all the big stocks consistently trend upwards in months time and once you're in a good profit zone you can just set a stop loss (or monitor your position closely) to make sure your shit doesn't crash

guaranteed fucking money, better than some stupid ass 2% interest savings account or even most 10-15% rate index funds if you know what you're doing

we're here to double our money in a month and that carries a much greater weight

Wait you can really double your money in a month on stocks safely?

Robinhood iirc gives you 3 trades per 5 trading days on a shifting schedule, which seems dogass to me. I use ustocktrade but after spending a few weeks shitting up my account I cant cover the 1 dollar commission on buying and selling without massively cutting into my profit. My daily goal is almost entirely eaten up by that commission, which really just means I need to bump up to 500 and trade then but I need to keep practicing in the meantime. But there is no PDT rule as you trade with a superuser instead of the open market and it shows you some decent L2 on the bid and ask and the amount for both plus last sale amount. Max transaction amount is $10k

No, hence all of the intense misery in these threads

you have to have it down to a science and even then can get crushed in a week given a bad series of events

lol no.

No one consistently beats the return of the market.

Although the last 5ish years the return of the market has been ~20% per year so we are all still making tons of money

DXTR could have a short squeeze soon

I feel the same way

>20
>only making about 550 every two weeks with a bill check and a luxury check
Could I feasibly do stocks to get a little bit more money? I don't have any decent skills or any talents to do shit on the side and I'm tired of being broke senpaitachi.

investorplace.com/2017/07/advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-stock-is-hanging-by-a-thread/

It's j-just a jewish c-c-conspiracy. $17 by end of w-week

>"It's OK to stay on the sidelines with popular stocks."

Learning to actually trade and make money requires time, dedication, discipline and... money. You will lose money at first. 90% of traders lose money, never attempt to find education and/or just give up.

It's rough and emotionally taxing and frustrating at times especially while learning and your emotions will get the better of you and you'll need to seriously learn how to control your emotions and how to outsmart them when money is on the line.

I wouldn't say Im anywhere close yet but further than I was last week, 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago. Learning to profitable for some people CAN only take weeks. More commonly it takes months of dedication and willingness to pay "market tuition"... for some people it takes them years..

I bought $150 worth last week. It was up almost 7% during the day as well as during after hours. So maybe it might do good?

Of Comstock/LODE I mean. The earnings are happening pre market tomorrow too.

>Goldman is going to hit their $11 price target again

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!!!

My stop is at $13.12
>tfw I actually hope it gets there to end my suffering

I want to hug that smug

I swear, when I looked at these threads months ago you were crying about AMD then too. Have ya'll not learned or is this the legacy of the bagholders?

this is what happens if you listen to Veeky Forums's stock tips

buy $ROG btw

it was our turn
Nvidia is #notmycompany
captcha related

fug forgot my picture

>He didn't buy SHOP
>already up $4 overnight

MY NIGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa SHOP

Been losing shekels this entire month, ready to turn it around.

good morning goyim!

BOTZ

SHOP baby!!!!!!

Finally back in the green after the tech slump!!

Now I just need SQ to pull through and I'll be headed to lamboland

I fell for biz memes before
I should've fallen for this one

Got some hot ones today

I've noticed Veeky Forums tends to be pretty accurate with stocks that cost more than $20. Helped make me some money.

Penny stocks, biomemes, and AMD tips should never be considered

Fuck you

Hehe

Thanks

thanks!
you always post this in the morning how do i use it exactly?

Is it over?

The green window indicates what saw a jump or "gap" up overnight. usually indicates bad news. The red is what "gapped" down overnight because of bad news or whatever.

Use the green side for a "gap and go" so whatever ticker you think is going to take off at the bell.

This is how you can pick stocks that don't just go the way of the market tide.

WHY DIDN'T I SELL MY AMD AND BUY SHOP

awesome
thank you!

SHOP.......woah

I told you niggers. All you had to do was some critical thinking
>company in the business of helping people become merchants and had great success the past year
>combined with a sales quarter where people have more free time and might look into selling shit
>???
>Profit $$$$$$
It was even on sale for $89 last Thursday during the dip.

>first stock under 5 dollars
>3.6k
:')

What do I buy?!

nothing looking good for my account atm so im just watching some low cap stocks with volume

WG
MBRX
SKLN
are my top watchlist

>MBRX
sorry I mean CBMX

Here we go boys!

Good luck today

>nothing worth trading
>thread is even ded
gonna kms

> tfw just bought AMD

>SHOP

Get some SQ if it dips my nigga

Got out at 105, wish I'd have bought more, oh well.

LUMBER MOTHERFUCKING LIQUIDATORS

why didn't you share this with us before

Playing APPL today, anything else I should buy before earnings?

There was a picture that showed all the upcoming earnings reports in a previous thread. How was anyone supposed to know a company that sells fucking wood was gonna pop?
SMG and XYL are killing their earnings too :)

MBRX up to 3.25.... thought about it when an user mentioned it at 2.30 on thurs. Shit is going interstellar.

This one?

try underarmour if you're a betting man..

> Got free software from TD and free L2 packages.
> Nothing to trade.
> Kill me.

DRYS doing a thing

okay well I did trade MBRX for 14 cents a share after the 1 minute micro pullback, but the rest of the market has 0 good setups

I'm not interested in money pits or Greek shipping memes.

no idea why i quoted you sorry user

I dunno if I should sell shop or not. Are the profit takds just temporarily dropping the price or is that $102~ locked in?

they still believe...

for (you)

fug

Strapped in early.

God speed user

sell sell sell

What the fuck is up with TDW? Got a notice that it was up over 2000%. Was it just coming out of chapter 11 or was thee a reverse split?

user. I thought you were trying to point out MBRX. It's all good man.

> AMD grew by 1.50%

>ALSN back down to pre-conference price
but it did so good....

No. Just no.

Oddly enough
>Start trading, making tiny gains
>Find out friend has been playing stocks as well, uses kingtrade or something
>Guess he's been trading for awhile
>Ask about his portfolio and what he has
>Find out he has 5k in DRYS
>He's emotionally attached, can't persuade him to dump the stock when it hit $3
>Numerous reverse splits later he never mentions stocks again
>One day we're drinking and I ask how his stocks are doing
>He's down to 80 some odd shares
>With an average of $100 or so

>Put an order in last night at 26.30
>Only picked up 4 shares out of 50

Good price to pick up more SQ? I don't see it hitting 26.30 before earnings.

I didn't say to buy DRYS. Just keep an eye on it if you have any day trades

SHOP will be $110 after the profit takers leave

don't be a dumbass

It keeps going up and down

Gahhhhhh

What about DRYS makes people loose their minds?

lots of people lost everything on DRYS. They average down until they lose everything then quit

The greeks randomly pump it and everyone gets FOMO after the fact

I haven't. I've heard stories and saw lawsuit filings.

>LODE
Feels good man.

if the lawsuit works, that means the company would be worth about 100x what it is now just based on the liquidation value. dilution is almost over. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING BUYING DRYS JUST WATCH IT CLOSELY

I sold early during premarket because penny stocks always scare me.

I only had $100 in it though

CY dipped hard

Faggy, do you own any $DRYS stock?

kk, i'm all in

What do I sell TSX Shop at? 130?

Fresh from stocktwits

nope, but the chart is up on my screen all day long.
no. i forbid you from buying this stock

I'll hodl until after hours but damm its rough seeing it drop lol

investing.com/economic-calendar/ism-manufacturing-pmi-173

PMI data came under forecast, dollar took a hit and precious metals started shooting up. Might be part of the reason why indices are a little shakey right now, but that's likely also attributable to a tiring of the recent steep uptrends.