Late Bronze Age Collapse

Anybody else find this spooky as fuck? It was so massively catastrophic that we still don't really know exactly what the hell happened, thousands of years later. And these were civilizations that were and still are renowned for their record-keeping.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4.2_kiloyear_event
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing happened. Don't worry about it. Just get some sleep, ok? *yawns*

>Just get some sleep, ok? *yawns*
what kind of godforsaken fucking autism is this

Paradigm shift in military technology. Invention of the javelin and the buckler ended the dominance of the chariot, which was a problem for the civilizations of the late bronze age since they depended wholly on the chariot for their military defense.

What do you think of the theories involving earthquakes, drought/climate change, and famine?

Why not all of the above

Nonsense. An earthquake that flattened EVERY city from Knossos to Babylon? that's one BIG earthquake! A drought that left no trace in the archaeological record? A famine that struck every country apart from Assyria and Egypt? What the hell kind of famine is that?

Besides we have written records from the period, telling of how the Egyptians defeated the invaders (it was by withholding their chariots and relying solely on their large infantry forces).

>An earthquake that flattened EVERY city from Knossos to Babylon? that's one BIG earthquake!
i think the theory was that there was one big earthquake somewhere that unsettled the fault line, causing subsequent earthquakes along that same fault that were as big or bigger. like a swarm of earthquakes, if you will

A phenomena that has NEVER been observed in hundreds of millions of years? yeah, no.

4.2 kiloyear event is more interesting due to it being the very first collapse of civilization

> THIS
Was waiting for it.

The Kurdish sea peoples swept through the Hittitie and Egyptian empire like butter, then with their powerful sail they set sail for Greece, destroying it with utter ease, they then sailed north and destroyed west asia minor and troy, this event is known as "The Iliad" by Greeks

/pol/ psyop meme. It's supposedly making you sleepy in the same way flowing water makes you want to pee. It's used in threads (((they))) don't want you to see, remember or post in.

I saw this lecture from a Bronze Age historian, and he concluded basically what you did, and he claimed that the "Sea Peoples" may not have even existed, but there were widespread riots and whatnot due to the other factors, thus the man-made destruction wasn't foreign but domestic.

I don't know jack shit about anything pre-Iron age, so I have to take the word of experts.

Why would /pol/ give a shit about the Bronze Age Collapse unless they could blame Jews for it?

>Why would /pol/ give a shit about the Bronze Age Collapse unless they could blame Jews for it?

And when did the Jews appear in history user? Exactly, after the bronze age collapse.

I saw on History Channel that aliens came and abducted all the people who lived in those civilizations

That is an interesting point user-kun.

I'm 99% certain it was this lecture. It was certainly the same man.

youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4

>nd he concluded basically what you did, and he claimed that the "Sea Peoples" may not have even existed

This is complete bollocks, you might wanna read everything that is available on the sea peoples before saying such a thing, historians who formulate such drastic hypotheseis should be discredited

There was definitely a confederation of populations who invaded Egypt and the Eastern med, call them "the big meanies" if you don't like the name sea peoples but they still existed, there is extensive textual and archaeological record of their presence

>/pol/ meme
they should go back

Obviously this question was answered when they discovered Noah's Ark.

lol thought just the same thing

invention of the javelin? there had been throwing spears since the late paleolithic period

that + some kind of nuclear winter from a volcano

Perhaps, but the war javelin, more than anything else, obsoleted the chariot by making it possible for any footwog to bring down the horses on the charge.

That obly happens in the bernstein bear timeline

They have?
Why haven't I heard of this?

Could that be due to some epidemy? Say, something the survivors held immunity against, like herpex simplex

Well, I heard they did. Check for yourself. I don't know if it's believed or just asserted.

yeah no sauce tho

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4.2_kiloyear_event

oh so this is why steppe cultures and chariots suddenly became OP?