Adam before eating from the Tree of Knowledge vs. Christ

Adam before eating from the Tree of Knowledge vs. Christ

Who is "more perfect" to Christians?

Image of God vs. Son of God

My guess would be Christ because he is part of the trinity and he has the ability to forgive the sin Adam created. Also, his sacrifice on the cross removed the sin Adam created, and thus Adam can enter the Kingdom of Heaven through Christ's authority. Your thoughts?

we are all images of god, and after we are baptised (sorry I dont know how to say it in english but you get what Im saying) you are forgave the first sin and thus you become the image of god again

More importantly :
Who would win in a fight ?

Jesus has some broken powers on top of tons of experience, compared to Adam who maybe has the chance before he committed original sin because that way he is immortal and shit.

he cant be inmortal

Would pre-fruit Adam have been a rugged savage man or a pampered little shit in the Garden of Eden ?
From what I know, it doesn't seem like he was living in the actual wilderness

Nah Jesus would get his ass handed up to him easy

>tons of experience
Probably not a lot of fighting experience. That being said, he would be exceptionally resistant to pain

Isn't Jesus the son of god?

Nope
You're thinking of Bob

God because his son was a dirty jew

Interestingly enough, the bible calls Jesus the Second Adam.

Jesus being God is obviously more perfect than Adam, made in God's image. Adam had the possibility of sinning, and dying, while Jesus was tempted and never sinned.

Adam was tempted
Christ was not

Probably pampered, as his curse was to have to work by the sweat of his brow, which he had never had to do before.

>Jesus was tempted and never sinned
How do you know ? Were you there ?

This doesn't hold ground. Both Adam and Jesus were tempted, Jesus in the desert and Adam in the garden, and they both didn't succumb to temptation. Adam was only branded with original sin because Eve gave in to temptation

Adam gave into temptation when Eve tempted him.

Better question, and actually serious, how do you believe in Adam and Eve with all the overwhelming scientific evidence of evolution

No one actually does except retarded fundies, it's just a philosophical argument. It's like arguing over characters in a fictional story - no one actually believes the story is real, but people still want to have the argument.

I know because it's recorded in the inspired Word of God.

Because I was not there, I have to believe it without seeing it. That's what we call believing by faith.

Had Jesus sinned, by the way, He would have remained in that tomb as an unfit sacrifice to cover even His own sins, and mankind would have no hope. So be careful what you wish for.

Who is Mitochondrial Eve?

Jesus is the perfect form of man-ness

So most Christian's don't believe that? Do they only believe the New Testament?

You're responding to a child of the devil, not a child of God. Children of the devil do not understand, and do not believe, in the things of God.

I'm neither I guess. I just can't make myself believe that there's only two people responsible for populating the earth. I could see if they just made that up to teach a lesson but that's just rediculous. What does Christianity say about dinosaurs?

Made on Day 6, as men were, beasts of the field, winged creatures, serpents, water creatures, taken aboard the ark like all the other animals, some survived, some didn't. Some are still alive.

Bible mentions behemoth by name, and leviathan, and any dragon/serpent is what people called dinos before the word dinosaur was coined.

Another fun argument: what would have happened had Eve said no to the serpent?

Had they remained perfect?

Without the Fall, there is no Original Sin, so there's nothing for Jesus to redeem us for (in Western tradition at least, Orthodox is slightly different). Would there have been a First Coming at all?

Would there be sin, period?

Would humanity even exist, or would it just be the two of them, perfect, forever?

y chromosome adam and mitochondrial eve didn't even live in the same time period.

It's okay. We'll drag "science" kicking and screaming to the truth eventually.

If you're not convinced by now that mankind even prior to the Fall is a deeply flawed creature, nothing will ever convince you that your Utopia is not possible.

You get taken by your parents and told you can have anything you want except for chocolate milk. You weren't even thinking you wanted chocolate milk, but now you throw a fit because you can't have it.

There is no scenario where Adam and Eve do not fall.

>bullshit interpretation invented by random preachers in the past half millennium
>literally no basis for Biblical literalism to that extent, none of the Apostolic tradition churches believe that
>cherry-picking verses to push your retarded agenda
>"my way of reading the bible is the only right one, because I say so! The clergy of the major churches, tradition, and the scientists are all wrong!"
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

Please never go forth and multiply

That's fine and all but how did humans come to be with such a time gap. Why would there be millions of years and just one day "bam sentient alert humans"

The guy is clearly of the mentally ill variety, he probably believes in YEC.

Then the main argument - that we were made in God's image - cannot hold.

If we were made flawed, even before the Fall, either

a) God fucked up - impossible according to scripture
b) God Himself is flawed - same
c) He purposefully made us flawed - why? And at that point, Adam and Eve are not culpable: they are merely doing what they were created to do.

The bible is intended to be read literally. If the literal reading leads to an absurdity, then and only then would you look for some other take on a passage.

"I am the bread of life" does not mean Jesus is bread. It's symbolic language. Just as bread sustains physical life, Jesus' Spirit sustains spiritual life.

Christians have always taken the bible seriously, and literally. Other groups that are not Christians notwithstanding.

I'm not mentally ill, just trying to figure out how so many people follow the religion. I'm not talking down on it, but supposedly 70 percent of America is Christian, but I can't imagine that percentage of people believe that Adam and Eve were just created and spawned the world's population. I'm just looking for an explanation

There is no "millions of years".

No, not you, the guy arguing for Biblical literalism and "Day 6" interpretations.

You're fine.

You just have to understand what being made in God's image means. When you look into a mirror, you see your image. When God looked into the newly created Adam, He saw His image, as the Holy Spirit of God had been breathed into Adam's nostrils, making Adam a living being.

When Adam sinned, he lost that indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, knew he was naked, ran, and hid. He also died that very day, just as God said.

Being saved means being born again in the Spirit, as that born of the Spirit is Spirit. Being born again means recapturing the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God within us.

We are alive, while you are not.

>If the literal reading leads to an absurdity
It's easily argued that much of the Old Testament is precisely that, being scientifically and biologically impossible.

It's one thing to argue for a Virgin Birth via divine providence, it's another to say all of humanity came from a single family not once, but twice.

Take any population calculator, start with 3 mated pairs of humans at any known population growth 4650 years ago, and you'll get the current population of the world.

Take Adam and Eve, and 1375 years at known population rates, and you'll see how many people died in the Flood.

Take 2 people, man and woman, 100,000 years ago, at any positive population rate whatsoever, and there must be an infinite number of people.

You're not fine, so your opinion of him is useless.

When science states the bible is wrong, the science is wrong.

Every single time.

We've even mapped out the families that dispersed from the ark, and what peoples they turned into.

You?

You're still waiting for a missing link that isn't a known hoax, fraud, or joke.

And I think you're mentally ill so your opinion of either of us is less than worthless.

I'll go on actually trying to be Christian and following Jesus's teachings and his values, and not telling people they're "not alive" because they don't adhere to my very specific and historically unfounded interpretation of scripture.

I hope you find help soon, because to argue what you're arguing means you're Christian only in name.

Jesus was love and compassion and forgiveness, not your gatekeeping cult evangelical bullshit.

And there are people with extensive knowledge of Westeros history and the Klingon language. Just because something is internally consistent doesn't make it true.

I love how you can take grasping at straws-level arguments and argue they're absolute fact because they fit the narrative you want them to, but decades and centuries of monumental scientific research, practical data and scholarly consensus is hand waved.

And I'll go on being a Christian, and look forward to deepening my relationship with the living God.

You can act all you want, but you'll never get to heaven by acting.

But it is a condition.

Maybe if you live long enough you'll learn what I've learned. My entire life the bible has been true.

My entire life science has been wrong.

Funny, what I got from reading the Bible STRONGLY doesn't fit the kind of image you're portraying.

Holier-than-thou, "I know best, you know not", gatekeeping, deciding who's Christian and who's not, wishing ill on others, lack of empathy or concern for your fellow man (unless they think exactly like you) - very Christ-like indeed!

You are following Jesus' teachings?

He taught the Law of Moses, so I guess that makes you kind of a lost Jew.

>My entire life science has been wrong.
That's patently false.

You drive in a car that runs on scientific principles (internal combustion), you wrote that post on a machine that does as well (circuitry, electricity), you talk on phones that do as well (radio waves), you heat up your food (microwaves), you pass by skyscrapers (statics, stress tests, resistance, etc.) etc etc

To argue science as a whole has been wrong is beyond laughable.

To argue science in certain aspects is flawed or incomplete is reasonable.

Jesus commends christians for testing people who say they are christians, but are not.

So, nice try, but another fail.

Revelation 2
“I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary.

See? I found you to be a liar, which is commendable in Christianity.

If you ever become an actual Christian, you will look back at these days of trying to act like a Christian either with humor or horror, depending on the power of your memory.

Did we devolve into a conversation about technology? How did that happen?

Oh, right, you pretended not to know what "science" is meant when contrasted with the bible.

I try. But I admit my failings and don't presume my interpretation of the Word to be the definitive one. Jesus taught humility, after all.

I cannot presume to fully know God's intentions, so all I can do is try my best and remain consistent to His ethical principles.

Who is saved and who is not - that is not for me to decide or debate.

You're not even trying to be saved.

You're trying to be a Jew.

If you wanted to be saved, you could be saved in 5 minutes.

I readily admit this is sinful of me, but I do hope that when your final hour comes, and you come face to face with the God you claim to worship, you too have a chance to look back on your actions - your closed-mindedness, your vanity and pride, the venom you show your common man - and know that you could have taken a kinder path.

I hope we meet in the better place, and I hope we're better people when we do.

Cheap, that salvation, that comes in minutes. It's a Muslim tradition that merely saying you are one makes you one. If I am a Jew, you are a follower of Mohammed.

Christians have always believed you have to live a virtuous life as well.

Your judgment of me is false, child of satan.
The lifeblood of Christ Jesus is the polar
opposite of cheap.

Nothing happens when people "become muslims". They can change from that belief set to "become catholics" to "become mormons" to "become atheists", and nothing changes.

Being saved is a permanent and radical transformation into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

But it still does not empower Christians to live a "virtuous life". That would imply that Christian never again sin, which is a falsehood pointed out even in the bible by John.

>child of satan
In nine words you've proven everything I said to be correct.

For several posts now I've tried to be supportive of you as a person, and you've responded with nothing of the kind. You are a hateful, toxic human. That you don't see it is a shame.

Maybe one day you'll at least make the attempt to be Christ-like, instead of merely Christian. Or you'll hold on to your blind faith, using it as an excuse for your bad works.

I'll pray for you tonight.

I apologize, that was not my desired implication. English is not my first language. I assume you can infer my desired meaning, though - live a good life to the best of one's ability

Jesus had no problems telling the children of satan that they were the children of satan, and neither do I.

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Living a good life to the best of one's ability by using your knowledge of good and evil is the devil's gospel, and it leads to hell.

It is what the devil told Adam and Eve to do.

It is the oldest lie on earth, and by it the devil not only lied, but stole the earth and murdered humanity with that very same lie you believe to be true.

God's standard of "good" is to be as God is.

Are you as God is? Will you ever be, on your own?

Eve would probably distract Jesus with those perfect perky tittays, know what I mean? Mary Magdalene was a beat up ho. Jesus be thirsty.

Solid thread re-rail

>gatekeeping bullshit
Certainly you mean the Catholic Church, right?

haha my dude you seem like the kind of bro who appreciates a little RAUNCHY HUMOR so do yourself a favor and make sure to catch Baywatch (2017) while its still in theaters because you will literally PISS yourself from all the HILARIOUS gags in this FUN SUMMER R-RATED ROMP

>/tv/ memes
>on Veeky Forums

Is nothing sacred?

>CRITIC detected

>When Adam sinned, he lost that indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, knew he was naked, ran, and hid. He also died that very day, just as God said.

Adam actually died 950 years later according to Genesis 5:5

Spiritual death precedes physical death.

Did Christ spiritually died before his death on the cross?

The Death of Jesus
44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.”[e] When he had said this, he breathed his last.

More perfect is oxymoronic. Perfection is the epitome.

I think when He asked why His Father had forsaken Him is probably when it happened.

>We are alive, while you are not.

This is what cultists actually believe.

>Take 2 people, man and woman, 100,000 years ago, at any positive population rate whatsoever, and there must be an infinite number of people.

That is wrong for all non infinite population rates.

> Christ because he is part of the trinity
No such thing exists. The one god is one, The holy ghost is the source of his power, and Jesus is jesus. It's not "one" thing.

Also, who is more "pure", a bunch of mud that looks like you, or your son? Adam at the beggining was no more than an average animal, only when he ate the fruit of knowledge he became closer to god. Jesus is already closer in divinity.

Jesus is the son

The son of man

The MAN-GOD

Adam is the Hebrew word for man

And the Son of God.