It's 1900 during the boxer rebellion

Some poor lasses are trapped in Peking and you are now an Infantry man of one of the nations of the 8 nation alliance.
Your choices are:
>Austria-Hungary
>France
>Germany
>Italy
>Japan
>Russia
>UK
>USA
Which country do you choose and why?
Also any information about equipment, who had the best training, combat doctrines, and uniform used in the boxer rebellion would be much appreciated.

> not joining the fists of imperial righteousness and harmony

CHINKS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i'd choose to be Russian or Japanese, their equipment was low tier but their hands arnt tied politically if civilians need t be killed

The westernations would throw a hissy fit if civilians were killed in action

Do you know anything about who had the best infantry man for man in terms of training, equipment, and being professional soldiers as opposed to conscripts?

***beheads you***

That's a much cooler name than "boxers".

USA
Because I won't be the one to be rekked in the next european conflict while not being some asian manlet

German or Italian, they arrived after most of the fighting was over.

I barely know this war but can almost guarantee you that Germany had the best equipment and Japan the best training, that's just how those countries work.

> but their hands arnt tied politically if civilians need t be killed

The Japanese and Russians actually behaved the best out of the involved nations.

The Japanese went as far to bring their own comfort so their troops won't get so rapey while occupying and ruin their reputation, and advised the other powers to do the same. Of course, most of the comfort women were Korean.

Overall the worst behaved were in order, the Germans, the British, and the French.

Adna Chaffee was furious over American troops looting Beijing and threatened to have the looters shot, to no avail.

Can anyone give me a quikc rundown of what happened here?
The only time I heard about it was in Bioshock Infinite

Wasn't the Russians and Germans who bayoneted women after raping them?
Japs behaved the best tho.

By August 1900, over 230 foreigners and thousands of Chinese Christians had been killed by Chinese terrorists, known as the "Boxers."

By June, the Boxers had been joined by elements of the Imperial army and boldly attacked foreign compounds within the cities of Tientsin and Peking.

Inside the walled compound in Tientsin was a young mining engineer named Herbert Hoover,

Further inland, Peking was in greater peril. A force of 400 Marines and 100 volunteers defended 900 people in a space intended for 60 individuals. The siege lasted for 55 days with 66 casualties. When the Europeans finally emerged from the Peking compound, they found its streets littered with the bodies of Chinese Christians.

They used rifles too?

I know that this was before the Haldane Reforms that made the British Army fully professional and way before Royal Marines become commandos but does anyone know who was better trained and equipped a British Army soldier or a Royal Marine?
Also in regards to I doubt Japs had the best training still being in that modernizing period post Boshin war with a new conscript army and economy so I doubt they caught up to European standards for their army (navy was gud tho beat Russia). In regards to equipment, uniform wise UK and Germany had some form of camo compare to French red trousers but you'd have to ask someone from /k/ what is better for combat a Lee-Metford that has 20 rpm but gets phased out very soon afterwards or a Gewehr 98 with 15 rpm but Germans keep it for way longer showing that it has something going for it.

>so I doubt they caught up to European standards for their army (navy was gud tho beat Russia).

They beat the Russians on land too. Mukden was the largest battle in world history at that point and the Russians got whipped despite numerical superiority.

Tbqh though Russia was a bit of a joke during the Russo-Japanese war.
Do you think that Japs were the best trained in comparison to French, German, or British soldiers man for man?

aesthetic af

>The next morning, the rest of Private Daly's squad arrived at the barricade Daly had been charged with defending. Through the smoke and the carnage, they saw Dan Daly sitting on the fortifications, surrounded by the bodies of 200 slain Boxers.
>For his actions in single-handedly defending the legation in the face of impossible odds, Private Daly received the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I'll take a Marine

Seriously this is so cool to see all those nations working together in the 1900's. If only that friendship could've been kept..

Civilized nations gang up on shitter nations all the time.

Have you been ignoring the fuckton of international coalitions that have been dropping troops into the middle east? I bet it's probably because nobody has romanticized it yet.

it was 1900 not 1700
even navajos used rifles by then

I wouldn't rank whose best based on training and equipment, I base it on experience. Out of all the countries involved in the Boxer Rebellion, which one do you think had the the force with the most combat experience? I'd say the British, French and US had the most experienced soldiers but I don't know too much about the other countries combat experience at the time the give a fair analysis to be honest. Someone correct me pls

>he doesn't fantasize about being a US Marine in China

But why

why are chinese wearing turbans lmao

Im just saying that if that friendship could've been kept till 1914 none of that shit would've gone down.

Aren't they Chinese nationalists?

>he doesn't fantasise about being a royal marine or army officer in the British empire
Ywn gun down natives, sleep with raj, neuro, chink beauties and sip on gin and tonic all for Queen and country.

Is there a movie where those guys go full mystical kung fu against europeans with guns? I need it.

>ywn gun down hordes of chink fucking shits in a slick looking sailor uniform
;_;

These Chinese were Muslim I think, many Muslim Chinese thought on the side of the Boxers

The Russina navy was a joke user. Like, one of the funniest tales you could read but it was real.

I thought the Japanese were caught beheading captives and rounding suspected civilian associates of the boxers. Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard the Japanese were actually a bit cruel but didn't loot as much as places like Britain.

t. cliched normie ignoramus

I like it how careful he is not to spoil the braid

The UK

>Italy
Literally the Ralph Wiggum of the Eight-Nation Alliance. If I had to pick, I'd join the IJN force or the US force because they did the bulk of advancement. Probably not the Japs though because their sappers were literal suicide bombers.

It's funny because the Japs committed the least amount of atrocities during the Boxer War and they were absolutely shocked at how the rest of the alliance absolutely plundered Beijing.

Dubs don't lie.

>Select A Character.jpg
Yeah but the Jet Li movie didn't show it.

Yeah, but they didn't know how to use them. I remember reading a primary source account of Boxer loyal Qing forces having the sights on their Mausers elevated all the way because they thought it gave the bullets more power. As such, when allied forces were in one of the first battles (Dagu forts I think? Maybe Tianjin) all of the rounds fired when completely over their heads so they didn't take many casualties until they were right up on the wall.

>Empress Dowager, I'm Boxer

China's a pretty multi-ethnic place (particularly outside of the northeast) despite the Han meme. The Boxers' best troops were the Kansu Braves, Hui Muslims from Gansu originally recruited by the Qing to put down Muslim rebellions in that province.

>dat jap
manlet detected