How can we explain all those communist revolts in the 70s and their ultimate failure?

How can we explain all those communist revolts in the 70s and their ultimate failure?

bump

Is CIA not the right answer?

Wherever you have a large number of angry poorfags, you're going to find utopians and hucksters trying to capitalize on that anger for their own political gain.

The Anglo left behind a well established national army. Had they been allowed to paint Africa pink it too would have been just as stable and secure.

Good government, low corruption for a former colony in asia or africa, a strong military loyal to the state, and a lack of severe discontent with the government.
Basically India wasn't enough of a corrupt shithole for people to bother with a revolution

This shit is still going on, in rural West Bengal at least. My school ran a sort of church mission program there and when I was there in 2012 there were soldiers everywhere. One of the groups that went before me (would've been 2008 I think) had to hire armed guards. If you've ever played far cry 4 it was like that but less violent and mountainous. Lots of propaganda posters for different factions everywhere and it was super easy to buy a gun in a shantytown market (I saw mostly old german lugers and soviet rifles, that kind of thing)

As in they crushed the communists or supported the communists?

>implying
The fact that the revolts have been going on for 50 years and apparently PEAKED in the 21st century kind of throws a wrench in your theory. If they had been independent countries rather than part of a regional military hegemony with >1 billion people in it, several states in India would be governed by commies by now. It's basically what happened to Nepal in 2006.

The Naxalites are declining because they "only" controlled like 1/4 of India by the time advances in technology and counter-insurgency techniques made guerrilla warfare less successful.

The intellectual movement of the left was largely confined in india to west bengal and kerala. Naxals are just tribeniggers who kill schoolteachers and then chimp out that they aren't getting services.

And?

The end of Vietnam signaled to many communists that the U.S. was incapable or at least unwilling to intervene in their affairs. They were mostly right about the latter. Nicaragua fell to communists precisely because Carter didn't do anything about it. Pinochet acted on his own volition to overthrow Allende, only receiving support from Nixon after the fact. Basically, to any communist group looking to overthrow a government, the U.S. was preoccupied with propping up Vietnam during the Nixon years and once Nixon was out the U.S. didn't have the will to intervene until Reagan. In fact, Carter's foreign policy was a huge boon to communists abroad as he cut off arms and funding to long-standing allies of the United States based on relatively arbitrary metrics regarding human rights. Ethiopia and Argentina, for example, completely lost their funding while Angola and Taiwan did not. It's kind of funny too. There's a fuckhuge statue of Confucius in Guatemala because when the U.S. scaled back on arms funding during the Carter years, Taiwan filled the gap.

tl;dr
Kind of rambled in the post, but the main thing is that the U.S. was either preoccupied, unwilling or even indirectly abetting the revolts which allowed them to flourish.

>India
>Good government

they are being effectively sidelined. If the governments weren't so heavy handed with them they would be brought to the fold faster.
>burgers
>even contemplating of actually doing a vietnam in india after 1973
lmao

>You
>in charge of reading comprehension

>people regularly turn up to vote in their elections and cast out incumbents.
fuck off retard. The quality of life for indians has increased dramatically since independence without breaking the country apart and making sure their linguistic and cultural rights are protected.

Your entire ramble was about SEA. The map is showing the largely indigenous naxalite uprising in india.

I think even the USSR didnt back them, no one gave or gives a fuck about India

>Your entire ramble was about SEA
>Argentina
>Taiwan
>Angola
>Nicaragua
>Ethiopia
>Guatemala
>Chile
>SEA
You just keep digging yourself in deeper.

I feel like India is such a seething massive literal shithole that terrorism and separatist political groups are just another problem that gets mixed into the clusterfuck of literal shit on the floor so that in the end no one really notices or even cares, not even the government.

>CIA
>or

user

>vietnam in india after 1973

I think I just came a little.

Step 1: US loses politically in Vietnam

Step 2: US submits to the Soviets in "Detente"

Step 3: Soviets take advantage of Detente and launches a communist offensive worldwide

Step 4: Reagan comes into power, combats COmmunism

Step 5: USSR/Warsaw Pact collapses for internal reasons, communist movements die with it

This is what happened

Israel actually started funding soviet/leftist groups in the Carter era. PLO militias that were armed/equipped by the US fought Israel/Phalanges in Lebanon

Israel was selling guns to everybody, not just commies. Both sides of the Guatemalan civil war were using Israeli weapons. That's just how Israel does business.

they got shooed off by russians

The Soviet Union protected India and prevented war between Pakistan and the US vs India during the Cold War

Ok but it doesn't explain why these communist guerillas still exist in India, Philippines etc.

ideology is a hell of a drug man

in some states, it's because of corporations taking advantage of natural resources and sidelining the people

when they start protesting, the indian army arrives and starts raping and murdering

>large country with different nationalities, language, and significant muslim minority
>not a single military coup and consistent growth in GDP and standards of living since independence
Pretty good for a former british colony. Compare it with countries like Uganda and Sudan