Am I the only person that finds Britsh WW2 uniforms really sexy?

Am I the only person that finds Britsh WW2 uniforms really sexy?

Yes. They're litterally sacks with arms attached. The austerity patterns are even worse.

Yes. I'm British and have always though they looked dogshit, unprofessional, and about as intimidating as a mouse. They look like some old green carpets stapled together.

US and German WW2 uniforms were far superior.

The shorts kinda ruin it.

Their paratrooper uniforms looked fantastic. Was at arnhem a few days ago actually! The tommy uniforms are sacks with arm attachments though

Why did they keep the shitty helmet after world war 1? Didn't they realize the Stahlhelm looked fucking badass?

Come on stop bullying little old Britain

The paratroopers uniform is the same as all the rest, just with a camo jacket over the top. Some had special trousers with bigger pockets and a special knife pocket that meant you couldn't sit down. The camo jacket also started cropping up a monster regular infantry towards the end of the war.

Tell us about Arnhem...

>looked

Yes, because it's appearance that is the deciding factor when choosing protective equipment, right?

They also adopted a different style for D-day onwards.

>any British military uniform post-1902
>sexy

Yes, but you're not the only faggot.

they look awful

best infantry kit and best tanks, but our uniforms were garbage

i like em

Apparently.

>The airmen had no trouble meeting and impressing the local farm girls, but the men from the villages found it harder to get close to the Americans. “They had tons of money,” recalled John Goldsmith, a young hotel porter, “and their smart, well-cut uniforms made them stand out. Our fathers wore mud-splattered, lace-up boots, loose trousers, and old bowlers, keeping their Sunday clothes packed away in boxes by their beds for weddings and funerals. Even our soldiers, with their heavy, ill-fitting wool uniforms, looked shabby by comparison with the Americans. Naturally the Yanks got all the best girls.”

u w0t m8

birdsong is ww1

REEEEEEEEEEE ITS THE SAME

>Childhood is loving historical American uniforms
>Teenage years is being edgy over Imperial and Nazi German and Prussian uniforms
>Adulthood is realizing the French had class and the Russians/Soviets had style
>Transcending all knowledge is realizing the British, with their Saxon helms, redcoats, Broodie helmets & BEF caps, RAF brylcreem slick look, Beret wearing Commando style, and all black Iranian slaying special forces kit have been historically time and time again the most patrician of all military tastes in terms of aesthetics, training, and general plucky attitude of eating shit until the final battle where they pull it out the hat and once again BTFO of the opposition
>God even gives them the best startpos on Islands
How do they do it lads? Even the fucking Scots look GOAT in skirts for fuck sake, how do non Anglos stop themselves from ending it all? They loose at everything? How do they keep getting away with it?

YANKED

uniform looks third-world

bump

Irl the British uniforms were made of good wool and treated with chemicals to make them resilient to wear, parasites and damp- they were very much desired by the germans whose officers in the early war especially, demanded they wore their highly impractical 2 piece uniforms.

>impractical 2 piece uniforms

How do you mean? British battle dress is 2 pieces too.

shut up

I'm not sure where you are going with this...

Different user replied sorry, i meant that British uniform was one uniform material- unlike the germans'. A lot of nations copied our uniform and the German uboat crews actually wore it

Nothing British is sexy.

yes, yes you are