So some pool that no one has ever heard of has mined 5 of the last 6 BCC blocks. What the fuck is going on?

So some pool that no one has ever heard of has mined 5 of the last 6 BCC blocks. What the fuck is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
genesis-mining.com/datacenters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We are so fucked. They set up shop in China to throw us off the trail. VPN shows it being in Israel. Lads strap in. Big fucking happens about to take place.

One of the block is signalizing segwit (first grey)

Confirmed OP, Israel is at it again.

ofc there will be new pools and miners who see potential in it

It may be possible this is to deny difficulty reductions from lack of blocks mined.

>tfw you're one of the few who sold their btc when they got bcc, not the other way around like all the sheep

That's what I'm thinking too.

This would be fucking hilarious if it was an actual attack.

This random miner popped up out of nowhere (if someone recognizes "MCPool" or this hostel address as belonging to a specific miner please chime in).

Blocks are still being mined, but at less than half the BTC rate (~2.5/hour vs 6)

If this miner is doing this maliciously he would be able to stall and double spend any coins along with simultaneously keeping the difficulty in his favor for 2 weeks while continuing this attack and duping coins over and over; and because he's mining more than 6 blocks per 12 hours, the difficulty won't adjust for 2016 blocks (2 weeks).

And his first block was signaling segwit.

This is all speculation, but if it truly is a malicious actor he can single handedly destroy BCC and the only way to stop him would be to add a shit ton of hashpower to BCC ASAP.

Anyone see any double spends yet?

With Jews

You lose

can you explain why he would be able to double spend?

maybe its "Macpool"?

Its a 51%+ hashpower attack, you can manipulate shit then.

keks that would be hilarious indeed

total crypto noob here, i barely even understand how bitcoin works in the first place. could you explain more?

He controls all the hashpower (or at least the majority of the blocks, which is the only thing that matters) on the network so he forms the majority of the consensus. He can orphan his own blocks and invalidate them by creating new blocks with older heights if nobody else is there to stop him, so he would orphan his own chain with a longer one and reverse transactions.

Please God! Make it true !!! It would be hilarious !!!

>its a moon man posts on biz episode

What are you nerds even talking about?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Depends on how much BCC you have

mossad

Usually bad.

I hope this is true.

At 6 blocks per 12 hours (the minimum to keep the difficulty from adjusting), 2016 blocks will take 168 days to clear. He has BCC by the balls for 6 months.

LOL you're absolutely right. If he is actually attacking the network, he could stagger his blocks and only release 6 per 12 hours on purpose to keep this difficulty up for 6 fucking months or until someone stops him with more hashpower.

Time to sell that shitcoin lmao

Looks totally legit everybody. Please to buying more BCC for great profit!

youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

my sides. How the actual fuck is this scamcoin still mooning

With Jews, the day is saved

Why haven't any more blocks been mined for such a long time?

not enough hashpower

Total chain stall again... 1 block in 3 hours, and it looks like some of the explorers are unable to even see the blocks.

Wtf I love mossad now??

That would explain the liquidity in BCC simply appearing out of nowhere.

The liquidity is due to BCC IOUs across exchanges (ie Bittrex). People can't even move their "real" BCC out of their wallets because the blockchain is completely stalled. We haven't had a block in hours.

>Made my first cryptocoin investment this week with a small buy of litecoin since it seemed the most stable
>Already raising against bitcoin
>BC/BCC could even crash further off of this
I can't wait for the panic buy into the other coins.

litecoin is compromised
there is a wallet that sells 1 million USD of litecoin every single day

Out of all the Alt coins, I think LTC rose the lowest amount lol

>making an investment
>choosing most stable coin

do you even want to make money ? if you want stable just keep it in fiat. no risk no reward

Link?

Altcoins... LTC is a shitcoin. Even once the initial BCH dust settles, it'll probably be worth more than LTC

uh oh.. more blocks mined by this unknown miner

CRYPTO ARG OMG

why is biz anti semite and anti sino? what if some good comes of this sketchy shit

I'd be worried no matter who it is. And please tell me what good could from this?

gutcheck to all the crypto people or perhaps some gainz

I just needed an coin that was easy to convert from fiat and will fall the slowest when shit crashes, I'm actually surprised myself its risen at all

Spotted on leddit

Assuming this is real, we should go back to almost no blocks for 12 hours, and then have a difficulty adjustment after that.

So some guy who runs a hostel in Hong Kong has control of a pool with a majority of hashing power? Everything certainly seems on the up and up here.

Thank God I sold my btc for based BCC after the fork

Looking to sell when it's around 1500

Another block was just mined by them. Looks like the email was a lie.

0x20000000
iME>Y/Genesis Block 269-273 Hennessy Road Wan Chai Hong Kong/L۳7

The pool just mined another block so it's definitely still mining BCC.

Ya some shady shit is going on there is no way there should be a blocked mined for 2 weeks. And the fact there mining a shit coin is on another level. I'm there is a back door to allow them to mine like this. Please that guy controls millions and millions dollar mining rigs and he is posting from a iPhone? I mean come on

Bcc just like eth I will stay far far far away from. Once the dust settles in 2 weeks we will we will see back doors. O

There's no backdoor. Given how little hashpower BCC has this attack is entirely possible without malicious code. It would only cost ~1/50th of the original BTC network to do this attack.

And on top of the fact there losing thousands of dollars a min mining a coin that's worth 1 dollar

>but it's at 500 right now

Yes because you can't sell your bcc that's just 12 year olds buying with btc

The hash is the same of btc nothing changed and they were mining 3 blocks a hour. Please there's a back door there losing thousands of dollars a hour

The fuck are you talking about?

The difficulty for bcc and btc are the same. So to mine 3 blocks a hour they have the same size mining pool as antpool and it just poped up out of no where. Ya ok

Are you actually retarded?

Another one:

0x20000000
jMCY/Genesis Block 269-273 Hennessy Road Wan Chai Hong Kong/E!

Please tell me how I'm wrong

Yes he's retarded based on his other posts, but so are you. The mining difficulty of BCC is currently the same as BTC. To mine blocks that fast they need a lot of mining power.

The pool is small fries on BTC. On BCC, they have the same hashrate and the difficulty is unchanged, but less competition so they'd eventually find blocks. The math adds up just fine unless this pool has very little hashpower (we have no reason to jump to this conclusion), this is likely a large malicious pool that is covering up their identity unless this hostel for some reason has a bunch of hash power and its own pool, but I don't follow BTC mining pools so can't verify myself. There's no reason to believe there's a software backdoor.

Hash rate is how many problems you can solve a secound. If you have low hash that means you will never solve a block. Mine bitcoin with you're lab top see how that works out for u. So this mining is solving 3 blocks a hour. That means he can solve 3 blocks a hour on the bitcoin chain. This is what antpool does. Antpool has billion invested into minning. So your telling me millions have been invested to mine bcc? Ya your retarded

Why the fuck would some hostel all of a sudden have the hash power, and why would they advertise the address like this

Can you just go and fucking knock on the door for us user, get the answers!

They probably wouldn't, but they might be involved in the ruse. I never claimed some small hostel has all this hashpower, I'm simply stating that it's stupid to assume it's a backdoor in the code. I think it's a malicious pool masquerading as this hostel or somehow working with them to prop this ruse.

Another block by the "hostel" just popped up.

So at three blocks a hour is the same hash rate as all of bitcoin had like 4 mouths ago. I have never mined anything in my life. But I know there should have not been a block mined for 2 weeks. Because you know what? The bitcoin hash rate did not decrease today. So there is a back door and that "pool" will be the main miner for bcc for ever because it's a back door

>hostel
>hostel
>hostel
Fucking zipperheads

what does it mean !?

You suck at basic math and are probably retarded, sorry.

2-4% of the BTC hashrate is estimated to be on the BCC network, which means 1 block every 10 min * 2-4/100 which is a block roughly every few hours.

If this secret "hostel" miner was any of the big BTC pools mining in secret they could easily be upwards of 10% or more of the network alone, which means they'd easily mine blocks at the current rate, especially when you consider variance. 10 minutes is an AVERAGE over time.

And the fact that the last code that faggot wrote was 80 lines long and had 3 back doors in it. That's what we call btu. It's not like I'm pulling this out of thin air. Is bcc code even public yet? If I was a betting man I would say it is not and if it was it got released today

See now your just pulling facts out of your ass so I'm done talking. But I will say it's was better than talking about shitcoins. Oooo wait we are talking about a shitcoin.

Don't underestimate the bizarre principles of some of these big miners. 2 years ago I was balls deep in Bitseeds which was a SHA-256 coin, well some mysterious mining farm entity who all I can figure must have hated Bryce Weiner (the dev at the time) decided to throw huge hash on the coin and basically rekt it. I mean this was a coin to support the Rainforest Foundation, a fucking charity coin, and someone spent tens of thousands of dollars to fork the chain and basically killed the coin. It's marketcap wasn't even more than a million dollars at the time. Fuck you forest animals, my autist cyberpunk principles are more important!

It's been public for weeks, give me a sec I'll pull up the github.

There's no backdoor tin man, it's just a pool operator pulling a malicious attack. There's no way this is accidental but calling it a backdoor in the code is pushing it.

Trips of truth

By guessing, where can we place the hostel itself in this? Why advertise the address like that and what could they mean by this?

That's actually really sad and fucked up.

A diversion maybe? If it WAS a backdoor, what sense would it make to have them take responsibility for the "mining"? It's clear as day that this miner has at least 10% of the BTC hashpower, and I don't think anyone is buying the story.

Welcome to life but especially globalism where someone you don't even know somewhere you didn't even know existed can fuck you without notice.

.6 is the nod but btc will be lower by then i think. really dont listen to me though cause biz and I was in ltc like some other lame horse jockeys. I dumped that shit and have dq'd ltc for being the last place car in todays run. fuck LTC!!!

With 3% of the BTC hash power, it would take 8 to 11 hours to get a block. It would be less than that because there's no competition to find the block before them. Not 2 weeks.

Given what Shanghai looks like these days it'd be a miracle if the chink behind that had ever even seen a tree.

But yeah that's fucked

Strange fucking diversion, but I guess that could be the point. It is certain though that they are mining at same difficulty

Same shit continues.

yes clearly they're the only one mining so until some one else also does this will continue, i dont understand what's the problem

read the thread, this miner is going to kill BCC because of the speed of his mining

is genesis mining not this?

genesis-mining.com/datacenters

kill how?

Checked dem trips.

They're gonna let the sell off happen for BCC then buy that dip and shill the fuck out of BCC. OG BTC will be BTFO.

Jesus christ you faggots are bad at math.

Assuming BCC has 25% of the hashrate as BTC, then it will take 4x as long to mine a block. Blocktime is 10 min. Difficulty has not adjusted.

4 x 10 min = 40 min / block

That's pretty close to what we've seen today. And 75% of the blocks are by this unknown group. That means they represent ~20% of the BTC hashrate.

You might expect that this hashrate is being pulled from the btc hashrate, but if you look at the coin.dance stats for btc blocks today by pool, nothing has really changed. Which means that an operation on the scale of Antpool has suddenly begun mining BCC. Unreal.

dont understand... whats the problem

it's not an unknown group

it's a cloud mining website

? Block time is (statistically) constant. Difficulty adjusts according to network hashrate and time since the last block to enforce (statistically) enforce this. You can't mine more block per hour just because you throw a lot of hashing power at a blockchain, all it means is that one person is mining all the blocks.

Of course, that creates security concerns because it's now a centralized currency, but a crypto with so little interest that one person/group can supply the majority of the network hashrate is worthless to begin with.

a cloud mining website with billions of dollars worth of equipment that we've never heard of before?