Enron did nothing wrong

Alright cryptofaggots give me one good reason Enron deserved to go under.

Pro-tip you can't they just got screwed by butt hurt utilities and competitors

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/updates/enron-scandal-summary/
cnn.com/2013/07/02/us/enron-fast-facts/index.html
esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a49046/wall-street-insider-trading-2008-crash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how many fuckcoins do i need to fuck dis?

>Fell due to fraud claims

Poor managment

fuckin idiot their management revolutionized energy trading

>Oh shit, I accidentally frauding. Wat do?

Revolutionary.

Give me one example of fraud. One

Google is one step away my child.

investopedia.com/updates/enron-scandal-summary/

Because they marked their projects' value before they were even built. For example, CEO says "lets start a factory in India", CFO immediately goes and writes a $100m asset on the books.

Yeah, they got done because other people were butthurt and not because they were huge frauds.

People like them should have to wear a tattoo on their forehead and general members of the public should spit on them.

Oh yeah, you deserve to be spit on as well OP.

>insider trading
>systematic accounting fraud leading to the 3rd largest Chapter 11 ever
>used bookkeeping oogabooga to hide most of their losses
>stock went from blue chip to pennies in under a year

You're either 18ish or willfully dumb. Enron's idiocy is well documented.

Mark to market is different than fraud dipshit

Cont.

cnn.com/2013/07/02/us/enron-fast-facts/index.html

Holy shit investopedia I'm fuckin blown away lol

>Durr investopedia!!11

I linked CNN too, faggot.

Insider trading huh? Did they ask California for advice before they fucked them by sending too much power? I bet not. Insider trading Jesus wtf do you even mean

I'm not spoon feeding you. You're either shitposting or a moron.
If you don't even know what insider trading is, you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums.

I bet you don't even know what bandwidth trading is cryptokike

I'm asking for an actual example. They gamed the system to be sure, but not insider trading

If you Google 'enron insider trading,' you'll have all 1.1 billion examples you want. I'm not doing your Econ 101 assignment for you.
I do, it's a practice that's basically dead thanks to Enron.

>shares are sold over the course of three years
>got out at a good time
>best traders in the business trade their own shares well surprise

>le greed is good you should watch Wall Street xdd

>Trusting inside trading
>What is 2008?

Literally nothing to do with insider trading. CDO's are a thing

esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a49046/wall-street-insider-trading-2008-crash/

Inb4 "Muh Source"

First of all, esquire, second of all that's the way the game is played, not insider trading. I get that this might be a bit difficult for a journalist who never talks about economics except for this one article, and apparently you, to understand, but people acting in their own interest within legality is not insider trading

I don't care whether or not they did anything wrong - the fact that they ended up in jail means almost by default that they failed to consider certain risks in their investments and are therefore bad investors.

admittedly good timing

It has a citation to a study faggot. You didn't read the article, you just did the "muh source" because you have no good argument.

I'm willing to agree with that

a study lol. did you even read the study? What's in there that's so incriminating?

>cooking the books
>artificial price gouging of the 4th largest economy in the world

>Pro-tip you can't.

lol.

They needed better management, otherwise they'd still be around. Should've took a page or two out of Bob "I fixed AIG" Benmosche's book.

They are bad investors. End of story.

Okay so what point are you even trying to make?

>outright lied about the health of their business while shilling the stock at ~$130 that they were themselves selling for ~$90 because they knew it was fucking failing

>Consistent with political connections providing corporate insiders with an information advantage, we find strong evidence of a relation between political connections and the informativeness of their trades. Consistent with this relation stemming from private information related to government intervention, we find the relation is strongest during the period in which TARP funds were dispersed, and strongest among politically connected insiders at banks that received TARP funds.