/rgt/-Robinhood General Thread

"It's not a loss if you don't sell" edition

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Other urls found in this thread:

eplus.com/docs/default-source/annual-reports/eplus-2017-annual-report.pdf?sfvrsn=4
ir.spherix.com/new-releases/
seekingalpha.com/article/4093590-northern-dynasty-minerals-enough-bearish-propaganda
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous thread

Just when I thought I wasted a day, MU pulls through after hours. Long live MU.

Today was one of my worst days despite ending getting some gains
>Panic sold SHOP at literally the low of the day $98 because of ADMP flashbacks
>Averaged UP on SQ
>Accidentally wasted a day trade
>Lost $100 and maybe more tomorrow on ULTI
>UTLI probably going to be finished and bankrupt...penny stock by end of the week
But I made $50....gains are gains HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA....yeah

is there any reason i shouldnt commit sudoku

Hop on drys. It will continue to rise for another day guaranteed.

NMM is better. DRYS only gets a pop here and there now it'll never run like it did.

Why doesn't everybody here just scalp? Do it for a 1% gain 3 times a week and quadruple your money in a year. Start out with $10,000 and be a millionaire in less than 4 years. Since you only do this on 3 trades a week, you can wait for really good setups. What is wrong with this plan?

Is DRYS a dangerous meme or does it have a few pops left in it?

good idea, try it out and post results every day ;)

I see what you're getting at and I freely admit I'm a dumb noob which is why I'm asking. So far I have three trades. First was AMD which I dollar averaged down and am disgusted with. Then I figured I'd just scalp leading to purchase and sale of ZYNE and CYTR both of which netted me 1%. Was it luck or does it actually represent a workable strategy. Hence my question.

Guy down $230 overall after being on RH for a year. This is with the market at an all time high.

Will I ever recover?

just buy a lot of shares of reliable companies before earning calls and flip after

ez

Anyone playing uranium stocks?

probably not.

This short and simple answer is it's not as easy as it sounds.

My homie is a broker and he says that a realistic daily percentage is .3% or lower. We ran the math and with 25k starting with a .3% daily overall return would raise your portfolio to 30k ish. Good return but you would need autism bux or some other form of income while you devote yourself to trading

>be 1 year ago
>have friend that is door to door sales man
>get him onto robinhood
>he starts looking into stocks
>tells me "why not just buy a bunch of shares of a company and sell it when it goes up .01
>try to explain to him that EVERYONE has triedsomething similar to that and he's no differen't.
>he trys to tell me im wrong even though i've been trading for a few years at this point and he just started.
>let him go on with his "strategy"
needless to say he's still a door to door sales man.

now when i talk to him about stocks its always about "if i had more money to trade..." blah blah blah

but go ahead and give it a try, post your results everyday im very interested to see how it goes.

Just HODL it's going up senpai, they are buying shares, employees own shares, institutional investors own shares, they will never buy a penny stock. Their website is one of the most trafficked it's in the sub 500 rank in the US. It won't go -100%, but it might go -30% tomorrow.

just go with NMM, much safer gains to come

>Their website is one of the most trafficked it's in the sub 500 rank in the US

God bless and keep trucking!

u got the wrong site nigger

it's (company name).ultipro.com

also Tesla is one of their customers.

No, but I'm a good listener. What's on your mind?

I pick great stocks but my timing is totally shit with them :(

I'm in SQ, BZUN, and HUSA right now, which of those do you think I should be in a hurry to get rid of once it spikes a little?

I was thinking sell SQ either A.) before end of trading tomorrow, since I don't think their earnings are going to match their crazy run up or B.) the morning after during the likely short squeeze/buy spike

Are you accounting for your twice weekly 5% fuckups? You might want to take another look at those calculations.

Shit moves quickly and you will constantly self doubt. Some losses are imminent and a lot of times they're going to end up big enough to set you back.

Some, like corrections or market crashes, are big and sudden and you may be left holding a bag.

why are you guys so keen on timing the market?

You know that you will make more money in the long run by holding onto promising shares, not selling after a spike, right?

You guys can't seriously be THIS naive?

What do you think day traders are? They exit with profits and minimize their losses and that accelerates their gains.

Yes, you can hold and gain in the long run, but it isn't going to be anything crazy. Day/short term trading is like the "almost sane" form of gambling between the most conservative form in investing and the insanity of shitcoin speculation

you can beat the market if you follow the strategy of just bee yourself. all it requires is not listening to what some faggot says to you on the internet.

>What do you think day traders are?

delusional LARPers looking to make a quick buck

stay poor

god damn

i always thought you were some full of shit troll to be honest senpai. those are some sexy ass gains

Give me a high level of your usual routine

>59%

I don't know why you're taking it so personally you faggot

ask all the fuckheads with bags full of play money back in 2008 how much "holding and not paying attention" did for them

When I'm not on board for a moon mission I scalp warrants that have a square wave pattern. It's fucking easy money if you catch them right. The only problem is they don't stay like this forever.

How do you guys get good at pulling out of stocks? Like I always see people on here and other places managing to know exactly when sell or hold.

The past few weeks I've been making decent gains but I always either pussy out or stay with a stock too long. I keep leaving money on the table :(

I want free stock trading NOW, im tired of seeing this thread and getting jealous, help us eu anons

Better to sell too early than too late. Don't feel bad about running with your cash early

the desktop version cannot come soon enough

this mobile shit seriously impedes me, once I can throw my RH dashboard on my second computer monitor we are going to be in business

get an android emulator

You can use the android version on PC with an android emulator like bluestacks. It's not as good as having a desktop version of course, but it's better than nothing

it's my work computer during trading hours, not going to go that far lol

thanks for the tip though

Sorry anons, stepped out for a minute for Veeky Forums related. Thanks for the helpful replies. You're all basically right I'm sure. I've seen the statistics on daytraders. Something like 90-99 percent are failures. A couple of things in my favor though, first I'm a NEET shut-in who's real source of income is a bunch of affiliate sites running on autopilot so I have the time, financial runway, and focus to make a real go at this. I'm also a programmer versed in Python and I've already got a couple of scripts banged out spitting certain useful statistics throughout the trading day. I'm guessing as I go along, experience will reveal other stuff to be scripted up. I know this can be done it's just a question of having what it takes so I'll keep the thread updated at least on the Friday "show your gains" posts.

Thinking long term. Cameco is the biggest player, conservative management. But DNN and UEC look interesting too development wise.

can you be successful at affiliate marketing without the coding background? ive always wanted to give it a try but feel like i missed the boat a few years ago

nice tip on NMM, chart looks like clear breakout.

what do you degen gamblers think about TOPS, another ship co. but they own oil tankers. Recently popped from 0.2 to 0.6 and today back up 28%.

pls respond

>We ran the math and with 25k starting with a .3% daily overall return would raise your portfolio to 30k ish
Just to give this a little special attention, yeah, your total the first year will be $53024.21 so you basically doubled your money realizing only .3% compounded gains daily. Do that for 5 years though and you're a millionaire.

I would never be able to pull it off without being able to automate so much but then again I make my money on volume (explains my attraction to scalping) with several thousand sites up at any one time. Conversely, other people do it without knowing anything beyond a little html/css/javascript but they give each site a lot more care and feeding so absolute numbers aren't as crucial. I basically run an autoblog script I wrote. Apropos, that's another thing Veeky Forums has told me is impossible 1984 plus 33 in the year of our lord. Yet...

>Buy a lot of shares of reliable companies
>Down $230 which is chump change if you have a big portfolio which implies OP has a portfolio of at least $400 or under

Yeah, he probably could only buy a few shares of any blue chip stocks. You're gonna have to get in a on a penny stock that has good news.

Anyone know why elevate credt (ELVT) ranked today despite beating expectations on quarter earning and per share earnings

I have $100 of free stock money on robinhood, what should I spend it on?

NMM

do it now

What? Why

I lost $600 today
Will 4k on NMM give me back my money

LOL.

PLUS
L
U
S

look at it, it's a total Chad stock.

I swing trade, mostly. My goal is 4-5% per month roi. I'll accept more, obviously.

No. Don't buy this guys bags.

I'm not trusting you after ULTI, you two timing triple infinity nigger

It's braking record highs every other day. Accelerating growth, constantly purchasing their own shares. They only got 99 views on stocktards and short interest is only 1.27%

I've gone through the 10K which was released this July, I can't find anything wrong.

eplus.com/docs/default-source/annual-reports/eplus-2017-annual-report.pdf?sfvrsn=4

I said ULTI was a risky play because it's fucking PE was 257, it had a short interest of 11% which is expected at a stock trading at this high PE... but I missed it, I would of not recommended it knowing it Interest ratio was 12.41, It's a rapidly growing company it should recover this week.

ALSN completely baffled me, they beat expectations by 30+%, and the stock went up as expected, but it fucking crashed this morning. I listened to the earnings call. They asked stupid questions to make the earnings look unsustainable. But it only had a short interest of 4.56% which is very low, and it trades at an PE of 25. it's 20 Now, so ALSN should snap back to 40 by tomorrow because it looks really cheap, that's why it recovered today

PLUS, it's picture perfect, short interest 1.27% no one will dare short this stock. trades at 22 PE, But I would not buy it on open, I would wait until it pulls back from it's high, it touched it today @ 82.45 An earnings miss won't take it down very far, at worst it will take it down back to 80 and trade sideways.

when i robinhoos gonna process bxe split? that $2 is alot when you only have $100

I don't get it...

FMI reported higher than expect losses and it's UP 5% after hours, on top of being hit with a lawsuit.

F-M-I is UP 5% after hours. It's been downgraded several times overvalued by 43%, 23% short interest every one betting on this stock to go down and it's up 5%.

FIVE FUCKING PERCENT.

It reported losses in the last quarter and climbed to $43 fucking dollars

I'm a believer of fundamental analysis, this is just unreal.

Anyone have any prospects in the Marijuana market? Include a reason or be named a shoveler-of-bags.

CARA

Maybe after is earnings, itll be a decent dip.

Yeah that's when im planning on buying in.

>not buying high and selling low
Do you know where you are?

Holy fuck these cryptoshill fucks are dialed to 11.

Like, how many that's if BCC do you need? Where are the mods?

They all go silent during the dips and they won't shut up on the moons

>mods
this is no-mods-land, friend

remember friends, amd is dead by the end of the week

>silent during the dips

>being this new

this board becomes bohemian grove 2.0 when coins are dropping

>ULTI

why are you STILL gambling earnings?

Why do I keep reading complaints about it?

>mods

gave me a chuckle you are deep into shill territory we ain't got no mods

Don't sell your ULTI

> He didn't buy MTCH yesterday.

>SPEX
ir.spherix.com/new-releases/
MOON
O
O
N

If you feel lucky, and are patient DCTH it may pop up 60% any of these days.
Quarter announcement on the 14, and a vote for a reverse split on the later part of the month

I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER
I AM NOT A BAGHOLDER

daily reminder to buy NAK

seekingalpha.com/article/4093590-northern-dynasty-minerals-enough-bearish-propaganda

TRTC already set off to the MOOOOOON.

MCOA considering TAKEOFF

Also HEMP up 15%

What are we buying and holding today, besides SQ?

This is the only correct answer. Do your own research, practice, patience, and experience. Don't listen to random faggots on Veeky Forums.

>NAK
and
>SPEX

If you like gambling, you can buy $SAEX before ER ah today

anyone watching DRYS? It might make another run today

AMD ?

I have some SQ but it's making me nervous. I feel like a lot of people are buying in because they think its an easy moon mission. Could be a real shitshow if they miss

We're in this together brother
Scared money does not make money

im giving this market until 1030 to give me ANYTHING worth trading or else im going to burn down my house

BABA is on sale

HIMX

earnings release tomorrow. buy before the news

Get the matches...

I've been waiting for BONT to break .62. It just can't. Looks like definite resistance here.

Its pretty high right now

Didnt take a trade today. Exercising patience

does KTOS just go up and down $4 ad infinitum?