Stop being eurocentrist

>stop being eurocentrist

What's your opinion on John Green?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi_BDwUvbFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He makes shit books for plebs, makes really dumbed down videos for plebs, and married his highschool crush who didn't even know he existed untill he got rich.

pervert

He doesn't seem to care much about what the truth is.

not even decent looking

he looks like a fag and his falling in with left-wing rhetoric is dangerous. People like him are how books get burned and lies are written in to the historical record.

I watched some of his youtube videos, the alexander one was bad but not nearly as petty and patronizing as that civil wars battles video
For the rest I just know him as a Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums meme

>>stop being eurocentrist
We should all just be Mediterranean centrist desu

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi_BDwUvbFo

this guy is more biased than eurocentrism

>ethnocentrism

The people who take pride in this are laughably cringey. Unable to see the world objectively in submission to their worldview, they narrowly observe other cultures and claim to be objective when they declare themselves superior.

>married his highschool crush who didn't even know he existed untill he got rich

Alpha fucks beta bucks

Shut the fuck up if you don't have something interesting to contribute.

his books are pretty basic but they're entertaining.
except for an abundance of katherines, that book is shit

calm down John

The world's centered around the European parts. How can you not be a eurocentrist when that merely entails living on this planet?

Why would you think I'm John?

Tell me more

I can't stand this shit and is in unironically why I first started hating John green.

First let's be clear. Tectonic plate theory happened LONG after the continents became categorical geographic constructs. Having a plate or continuous landmass does not make a continent. Continents are based on convention following the ancient Greeks (who according to Herodotus got it from an earlier unknown people). I don't even like the Anglo American "divide America into two" and prefer America being one continent.

>he doesn't believe in 3 Americas

i would even call some of them ambitious,
his books are pretty much my favourites when it comes to youth literature

You're both stupid. Dividing up the globe into continents isn't about rocks under the earth - the continents are demarcated in relation to the people who live on them.

What does John Green or "eurocentrism" contribute?

It is one thing to question whether giving Japanese and Chinese magnates European titles like Marquis is accurate. It is another to claim that purely abstract geographic divisions like "europe" is eurocentrism.

>Dividing up the globe into continents isn't about rocks under the earth
No shit
>the continents are demarcated in relation to the people who live on them.
Wrong. North Africans have more in common with west asians than sub-Saharan Africans. Indian arguably is different from the sinic sphere, Persia and Arabia. I could go on and on. Although in a metaphysical sense you might be right but I doubt you meant it that way.

Didn't he played a historian or something in a tv show from the 2000 about mysterious surnatural events?

he's right, you know

pandering garbage

yep we are all the same teehee and anyone who claims one culture is better than another is a DISGUSTING BIGOT one world guise ;)

>food analogies
Always quality content.

He's biased against Europe. Recognizing Europe's importance and superiority is not eurocentrism.

>cultural relativism
Kill yourself.

if people were rain, she was a piss stain

>If you don't eat your cereals after multiple people have cum inside you are a sexist bigot

Dayum son

Sure destroyed that strawan in the debate my dude

>(((Green)))

is he the guy with a faggy mac with the sticker "this machine kills fascists"?

He got btfo for that Alexander video tho

yes

He sticks his dick in cheerios

There is literally nothing wrong with public beheadings. Beheadings are significantly more humane than lethal injections and electrocutions, and peforming them in public helps to deter crime. Prove me wrong, libtard.

His videos were mildly entertaining... but ya. He interjects his bias a little too much. Especially when he got to the 20th century.

Claiming that Europe is superior to the rest of the world is the definition of eurocentrism

>the Sarissa, a longer spear, was the advanced tech that allowed the Macedonians victory
this seals the deal for me

that was never the point. the thing is there's a tendency towards trying to defeat "eurocentrism" when it's a problem that doesn't exist

I always try to talk about the merits of beating women, but I'm shouted down by ethnocentric bigot's

Based on objective points

This stunning young gentleman walks up to you and says "WAIT FOR IT." How do you respond?

What's wrong with beating and canning women? Fuck off, nu-male

He's right, we should recognize all Master Races.

Sumerians
Persians
Han
Cretans
Hittites
Egyptians (Copts)
Hindis

All Master races

That cheerio has a point. It's not special. It's entirely unremarkable to him and if he missed it he might not even notice. Maybe it's still something he enjoys, but as an individual cheerio it is beneath his notice or concern.

That dude's got a cool get-up.

>Han
haha lol

He has a point though.

The epitome of a girl who got too old for the cock carousel, and found security in a beta

Subhumansaywhat?

No he does not.

Yup

No.

People who have a promiscuous past tend to have problems staying faithful in a relationship.

They also have values that are not good for themselves. And you don't want someone with bad values to be the mother of your kids. Marrying a slut is about as smart as marrying a crackhead.

i'm a "praisekek conservative" and i kinda agree
nobody gives a shit, however everybody is entitled to have an opinion and to express it in a respectful way
no feminazi crazyness nor neckbeard virgins whining

>"praisekek conservative"
I am fucking disgusted. Fuck off back to /r/the_donald and stay there.

No, you're not. Quit false flagging.

>B-BUT MUHHHHH CHEERIOOOOOOOS

she looks at least 10 years older than him

>"praisekek conservative"
im dying

You're not a real conservative, fuck off back to r*ddit and stop making us look bad.

>Eating a bowl of cheerios that 40 dudes have cummed in

>not being an ethno-nationalist
>2017
Come on people its 20 fucking 17, don't end up on the wrong side of history :^)

Lol, open "marriages" (aka, infidelity denialism) btfo yet again,

>What's your opinion on John Green?
People like him are why people think the west is weak.

He did some pretty neat vids, but his political views get in the way of them.

That and his books are pretty meh. In the grand scheme of things, he's not that relevant.

I wish I could glass his cunty face, the prat.

>statistics

Not that user and I understand your point but relationships are individual items and need to be measured, estimated and judged by the individual involved on a case by case basis not measured ahead of time based on statistical probability from quantification of events of a general population.

It's a personal thing.

>Being an ethno nationalist
>Ever

what could even compel someone to not only label themselves as such, but also to go and post it on Veeky Forums?

anything less is to slit your nation's throat, and that of your culture

Literally no

from wherever you hail, it has not long on this earth

USA!

thankfully not all of them are as cluelessly undoing the sustaining bonds of their nation as you

Pfft, ok.

I'd definitely take the opinions of someone who compares intimate personal relationships to having a light snack seriously.

He is pretty based, and I support his efforts.

>stop being eurocentrist
I agree with his general message but he's kind of wrong on some other things tbf.

He is doing a good service

This isn't based at all. He is basically admitting he doesn't give a shit about giving people marketable skills in school, just indoctrinating them to be content with the "social order".

He's absolutely right, you cannot deny that uneducated hillbillies are what's holding us back as a society.

>libertarians will be unable to grasp this

but why public
he doesnt understand why it is necessarily public education that keeps the country from being populated by a bunch of stupid people

>THE MATH IS SEXIST!

This

>Not a true Scotsman

So are you implying that every culture is not better or worse than others

Where did he imply that?

So he openly admits he doesn't give a shit about his students or teaching accurate history, just preserving the "social order".

That doesn't even make sense in any context.

If nignogs wanted those double votes, why don't they move out of the city?

>'created nothing'
>he wrote on a stolen Med meme
Poos are retarded, why are you even wewuzzing? You actually had a civilization.

Eh, fair enough. The other half of my comment still applies, though.

>holding us back
I dunno, how many hillbillies still support segregation? That's now one of the progressives' top priorities!

By saying ethnocentrism was bad? Who gives a shit what some illiterate tribesman thinks about Rome? Western history is more important to the West. Highly doubt Mongolians learn about the US Civil War, for example.

Mongol

>Eurocentrist
ultimately depends on time period

I'll agree that Europe is pretty much unstoppable in the 19th century and were great in the age of discovery and Enlightenment periods.

but then there are those people that say that Europe was the best civilization even in the Middle ages, that the Rome legions can defeat any pre-gunpowder army (if not every army period), that phalanx is invincible despite getting curbstomped by said legions, and that all countries lost to them because "they had guns!" At that point, they're pretty much fanboys (if not just retarded) than actual historians.

I also don't think that Eurocentrism is the effect of racism (mostly just caused by not knowing shit about history) as much as a cause of it. You learn that Europe is the only place that matters so Europe ends up the only place that matters to you. That and that John Green ultimately fails at dispelling Eurocentrism in his works (show don't tell, you don't need to announce that other continents matter just make videos of the history of other continents).