I Just Can't Fucking Take it Anymore

I work at a job making 70k

It is just enough to pay for my mortgage and everything else in life to a point of "middle class". I can't afford to do anything lavish, but I can go out to a bar on the weekend without an issue and continue to save.

How do you guys continue to be wagecucks like me? I like the security, but honestly, my life is so fucking boring now.

I wake up at 6:00am, drive an hour to work, have to stay 9 hours because of a 1 hour mandatory lunch, than drive another 1 home (usually 1.5 hours on the way home because of ungodly traffic). All-in-all it's a 12 hour day. Then when I get home, better make sure I go to sleep by 11:00pm or else I'm tired as fuck.

How do people do this? This 12 hour day, then only have like 4-5 hours of personal time?

And honestly, those 4-5 hours of personal time is mostly grooming, fixing food, and excising.

I just can't do it anymore. I'm bored. I need to be challenged.

Do I get a new job and hope the grass is greener, or just say fuck it and try to become financially independent so I can work on my own business/projects? Or do I go back and get a masters so I can make a measly bit more at my wagecuck job?

Someone make this easy.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/744793/4037496f6d/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is why you get out of the wageslave game, I now work ~20hours a week, mostly from home, negotiated hours cuts instead of payrises.

Yeah my colleagues earn like 10% more than me now but I have enough time to enjoy hobbies, exercise, learn cooking, and even working on a side-hustle.

It's like the Jordan Peterson thing he said "The question isn't why aren't there many women at the top, its why are there any men crazy enough to work that hard to get therel

>mortgage
>not living in manhattan and walking 5 minutes to work
>going to bars

imagine being this retarded

Lol New York is a meme. The cost of living is retarded and people there are pricks. I thought about moving there for a 150k job but with the cost of living adjustment, it would feel like the same fucking thing with more stress.

Peterson is wisdom

I'm 26, making 60k a year, and live like a king.

Buy a nice new car every two or three years, drop a couple hundred at the bar every weekend, go on a 1k gambler/stripper spree once a month, and take a nice 3/4k vacation every 5 or 6 months. While still contributing the max to my 401k and saving some money for shitcoins. Go out to lunch every day and dinner maybe 4 times a week.

The secret? I still live at home. Sure I am sacrificing certain freedoms but I'd rather do all these things than pay rent and utilities. When you work 10 hours a day and are partying all weekend you're never home anyways.

yeah not sure why you'd buy a house, houses in america are made of shit and not worth the effort to maintain

I have a job making 70k but I live with my parents and save everything, live 15 minutes from work and also I go take my hour lunches somewhere that is not work because fuck staying at work 9 hours

i could spend lavishly on whatever I want but everything I want is pretty much free or dirt cheap
cars are a meme, travel is a meme

>come back home after a night out
>"how were the strippers tonight honey? I've layed your pyjamas out on the bed for you"

>The secret? I still live at home.

pffthahahahahah

[spoiler] But I agree, I just tell girls I live out of town and that's why we have to have sex in a hotel [spoiler]that's me plan[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Living at home is the meme boys.

But it sounds like you're happier than I, so I guess you're right.

>and people there are pricks
This is a common misconception people not from the area have about NYC. People here are not pricks, we just make an exceptional effort to focus on ourselves and give people their personal space. There's a joke that if the person sitting next to you on the subway was on fire you'd get mad at them because now you have to work harder to ignore them.

>living at home

What's the point if, at the end of the day, you're still a loser?

I make

Holy fuck, kekked hard at your secret. You're basically a manchild who hasn't realised he's throwing away a shit ton of money.

question
why do you need a house made of literal plywood and foam that has multiple bathrooms and bedrooms and a front and back yard where the only thing you can cultivate is fescue?
why do you think it's desirable to put a third of your income towards this?

We're losers because we don't owe interest to the bank for this garbage?

Your first mistake was buying a house an hour and a half away from your job.

Talk to your boss or HR and tell them you hate having to take the lunch. Ask about flexibility in working remote or starting earlier to leave earlier. If they say no, that's when you start looking for another job.

>Your first mistake was buying a house an hour and a half away from your job.
yeah, i was sick of commuting an hour and a half each way, so last year i moved into the city. i live right downtown now and walk to work in under 15 minutes. its awesome. i can sleep in an extra hour in the mornings and still get to work earlier than i did before, and i can stay at work later and still make it home an hour earlier than i did before.

im still miserable, but now i can be miserable at home on the internet instead of at work.

in what way is it a meme

This is literally my life. My gf is extremely good to me but im not actually happy. I fucked up and got extremely inappropriate with our 19 year old trainee when we were staying away for a meeting.
Now she is clearly smitten with me, is talking about breaking up with her boyfriend and everything. Im 29 fucking years old and i dont know what the fuck im doing. Fuucckk

A loser is a loser regardless of if he's at home, or in his own apartment that costs 1k a month. And I bet half of you cucks are posting out of your parents basement (nothing wrong with that) broke as fuck, or miserable like the OP without a dime to their name.

My day literally consists of waking up at 7, going to work and coming home at 6:30, eating, going to the gym till about 8:30, and trading crypto/practicing coding for an hour or two before bed. Why should I drop over half my disposable income so I can spend those two hours of free time a day alone in a one room apartment instead of alone in a one room bedroom in my parents house, being able to take two week vacations to Europe, driving a nice new car, winning/losing 1,000's at the baccarat table, while still having a larger savings than most people I know.

STAY POOR KEKS I'M OUT HERE LIVING LIFE

Because I can sell the house later on and get back my equity I paid into the house, plus all the tax benefits of owning a home.

You manchildren need to stop with the FUD against homeownership. If you stay at a place longer than 3 years, you already made out better than a renter, even if the renter puts the savings in a index fund yielding 7%.

Well, the job is in the middle of no where. I live in the city now in a much more desirable area. I was thinking more long term with the city purchase.

I've been thinking about this, but my coworkers said they tried the same thing to no avail. Will a new job be the same shit? I feel like I would be excited for like 6 months, then the same depression would overwhelm me again. The same shit.

Because man, you need to live your own life without mommy and daddy chiming in on everything you do. It's part of growing up.

> Humans have lived with family for thousands of years
> The jew convinces boomers it's "lame" to live at home past 18
> The boomers convince their kids
> Millenials continue to send a third or more of their paycheck to their jewish landlord
> Veeky Forums mocks people who see the matrix and step outside the game

When the game is rigged, the winning is to NOT PLAY.

Neither me nor any of my friends who live at home (mainly hispanics because they are not dumb as shit like most other whites) have ever had a problem laying girls. We are all in our mid 20s.

> Be me
> Making 100k
> Savings rate of 70%
> Don't have to pay rent because my mom loves the fact that I'm home and not in fucking New York City living in some rathole
> Don't have to cook or eat shitty take out, because my mom loves to cook and takes pride in it
> See my family every day, literally the only people who will stand by you no matter how much of a dick head you are
> Still live a king, travel go out, drive nice cars
> This makes me a loser

It's August 1st, Veeky Forums, take a look at that rent check...I dare you....tell me it's worth it.

No you're not, you're a fucking leech, that's what you are. Grow the fuck up.

i was like you. made good money and lived at home so i could spend my income building big turbo race cars and take backpacking trips around the world. then i moved out. the freedom is worth giving up those things. and since moving out ive already got enough of a pay bump to allow me to continue traveling and hit the track every once in a while.

doing fun things while living at home is like riding a bike down a flat road with the training wheels on. or doing a pizza with your skies down the bunny slope. feels fun until you get a taste of the real world. once you move out youll wonder how you stayed there so long. im glad i did what i did, the experiences were great, but man, i could never go back.

Is this what you tell yourself to justify leeching off mommy and daddy?

You're a manchild and no self respecting woman would have sex with you knowing you still live at home.

I don't understand this manchildren meme on here. I guess that's why everyone loves Rick and Morty

Could have been right, but then you went full autismo with "the jews".
Must be comvenient and comfy to have an all-powerful bogeyman to blame whenever things are not up to your standards...

I live at home and don't "have mommy and daddy chiming in on everything you do" Do you somehow imagine that my parents don't respect my privacy?

You've created this image of what life at home is like and convinced yourself that you need to leave it behind to "grow up", all to justify your own decisions. The fact is that its just not in line with reality. Continuing to live with family was the norm for most people throughout all of human history until the industrial revolution when the idea of the nuclear family was invented.

You've convinced yourself that if you live with your family its impossible to be an adult, why? I'm an adult who just happens to live with his family. I work for a living, when I'm home I help out around the house, I get to spend more time with my parents and help them as they get older and increasingly need help. Yet you consider me a manchild for doing this, and insult me to justify your own decisions.

> you're a fucking leech

Congratulations, you've internalized a moralizing outlook that makes you prey to bigger whales looking to have you pay for their lambos.

You're just as much of a dumbass as the idiots who kept paying their mortgage after 2008 instead of strategically defaulting.

Enjoy being poor.

incredible
I mean I realize buyers' remorse is an extremely powerful thing
but you're the one who made a thread about your lackluster bourgeois lifestyle

we're not any worse off for helping dad mow the lawn once in a while than you are mowing your own shitty lawn

What? I own my own property, which is paid off in 10 years.

>THE JEWS
Stop this nonsense, it weakens the rest of your argument. Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and if you seriously can't contain your bizarre racist ramblings then you need to stay on that board.

>that random reference to people liking a cartoon
and here I thought I was having a serious discussion

This guy gets it

what is your job?

Why do you have to justify my response with some pseudo intellectual psychological analysis? You just keep proving my point. Lol

These are facts. You will never truly be free with mommy and daddy. Fair or not, you will never get the type of respect you get if you lived by yourself.

You can keep justifying it all you want, but I think deep down you really know the truth.

I don't need to justify anything, because I'm not a leech, since my presence is enriching to my family as a whole, because unlike you and whatever shithole family you are from, we realize that none of us are wagecucking our way out of poverty.

Wealth building is a generational enterprise. When I marry my girlfriend I will leave home, like all my ancestors have before me. Oh and I will do it with a huge downpayment to put on an even bigger house than my parent's, which will then support my kids to have an even bigger home etc. and it will also help to care for my parents to move in with me one day when they no longer can take care of themselves, you know, instead of blowing their life savings on some retirement community.

Haha, tell that to all the girls I've fucked in the same bedroom I have had for 25 years dumbass.

Girls don't give a fuck about your money unless you're ugly or a loser. If you could pull you would have realized this already.

> getting worked up about a fucking meme

>guys i wish i had more money i have to work too many hours and my apartment is so expensive i can't afford to have fun all i do is work come home cook do housework and leave
>live with your parents and save 60% of your disposable income and eat nice meals cooked by your parents and not have to worry about any of that shit
>omg you are a dumb fucking cuck you will never experience TRUE FREEDOM which i am experiencing right now spending all my money on rent and spending the meager free time i have left from work cooking and cleaning

lmao at op he is so fucking delusional

My wagie job is somewhat boring and I needed to do something in the downtime so I took on stressing over stocks

it's going well

>because I'm not a leech, since my presence is enriching to my family as a whole.
Is this how you make yourself feel good? Keep blaming the jews for your failure, faggot.

You guys are missing the point: I have enough money. I don't have purpose.

But at least I am a man and am not a leech, unlike what seems like a majority of posters here.

The manchild meme is real. I never realized how many of you actually stay at home past 25. I feel bad know you all will not know what true freedom feels like until you're too old to really get meaning from it.

>hispanics because they are not dumb as shit like most other whites

> having such a shit family he can't imagine his mere presence being a positive experience for those he lives with

It's August 1st, go pay your rent, loser.

Why are you talking to me in such an adversarial way, as if you're trying to justify yourself. I mean you made this thread complaining about how unhappy you are, right? So why are you so hostile to anyone who is putting forward an alternative way to live?

You say by living at home I'll never be free, I certainly don't view it that way. I'm living there of my own choice and realistically could move out any time I desired, I have the money to do so. I'm living there because on the one hand its financially more stable and on the other I like it. I like my parents, I like spending time with them and we mutually respect eachothers privacy. So what freedom exactly am I lacking?

And quite frankly if someone doesn't respect me for that decision then it was never worth having, and quite frankly I don't care. That is the truth.

see

you keep saying "true freedom" what exactly do you think you can do that I can't? And why does that justify the lifestyle you made a thread explicitly to say you hate?

>How do people do this?
They break eventually and are thrown onto the trash heap, when is only a matter of time. The median years of service a highly paid Amazon software engineer puts in is TWO (2) years. At IBM its FIVE (5) years. Half the people leave before those marks, before most of their stock even vests.

You have to start your own thing, or work an exit plan, otherwise you'll go insane.

t. software dev cuck

t. cuck

>inflating your lifestyle
It's like you don't wanna retire in 5 years

>60K
>Doing all of that

That's bullshit. I made more than that WHILE living with my parents paying only $500 rent, and it's barely enough to save anything, let alone max out the 401K contributions.

Fucking LARPer, do some math before roleplaying.

This guy is right.

Home "ownership" is the wagecuck's path down life.

Well, thanks Veeky Forums

I finally realized this board is full of children who reuse toilet paper, redrink their piss, and live at home to save an extra buck to invest in index funds, all while touting a superior life style than anyone else.

You guys were wrong about BCC, and you are clearly wrong about this.

"Do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says" has never been more clear.

I'm out, you can keep this little kiddy forum to yourselves.

imagine being this mad

Why is it hard to live on 70K a year?
You need to budget OP

I spend a month...
>$70 eating out
>$100-200 on clothing (more if I get shoes)
>$60 on gas
>$20 on loot boxes (i love overwatch)
>$18~ on movies unless my boyfriend pays
>$100 on baby supplies
>$400 groceries
>$9~ netflix
>$400~ probably some other misc costs
>boyfriend pays mortgage/electric/other boring stuff
>$200 invested

I literally got by on a waiter's salary with my boyfriend before becoming a full time mom

Lol you dumbass, why would you ruin the person that is actively contributing to your happiness? Fix your own life first before you ruin others'

Good luck. Maybe one day we'll escape this madness.

how much u pay to come to my house and torture me pls

Enjoy your miserable life deluding yourself from seeking greater happiness because of muh security

Here's some actual advice OP: Quit your job and find a job with a commute that's Wahhh I'm not happy with my ordinary life
>You guys are kids whose suggestions are too risky

Pathetic

>Living at home
>Risky

Pick one.

why are you arguing with him, he's trying to help you

>It is just enough to pay for my mortgage and everything else in life to a point of "middle class".

What?

Ok, so, 1000 on rent, 500 on food, I'll say 1000 for insurance and car payments a month.
That's 40,000 leftover. What are you spending 40k a year on?

What's your job?

Oops, it hurts your ability to boast on the internet rather your risk averseness. Either way, you will need to sacrifice your comfort in risk taking or your pride to find the happiness you're looking for

Here's an idea:

Live at home for 6 months, stockpile cash, and put a down payment on a fairly situated condo that's near a job you landed. I think you'll be happier that way

I make $120k and have $400k in assets. I still dont want to buy a house in sf bay area market because i dont want to be tied down to a huge mortgage and want to quit my job. Just fucking end me.

Look at this. This guy never had a job. Even someone who worked at McDonalds would know about taxes.

Living at home is the less risky option. Risk adverse means you don't take a lot of risk.

You don't even know what words mean

You all missed the point entirely, the thread was about purpose, not about money.

I put up the same thread in a literal loser board, /r9k/ to see what the different responses would be. To my surprise, the board about "business" gave me shit tier responses such at "live at home"

This wasn't the point. I have enough money, I am just bored with life.

You all are children. I hope this thread opens peoples' eyes around here to see how much this board went to shit. Even /r9k/ is better now and that's just pathetic.

>tfw turned down the West Coast and picked a comfy $65k dev job in a midwest city with low CoL

I have no stress in my life and can buy a lot but still wonder what it could have been like if I chased the dream

>Look at this. This guy never had a job.

I've been working since I was 17. I'm 29 now.

what is your job, why do you feel unchallenged? Why are you against the idea of going back to school to get a masters, won't that allow you to move up into a more senior position at your firm?

I'm 24 but 25 seems awfully arbitrary
but honestly I don't see the point of a house unless you are start a family and have a dual income

also I don't talk to girls and wouldn't talk to them if I had a house either :^)

>this whole post

I'm a financial analyst for a large bank. Sometimes the job becomes fun when there is an analysis piece or "problem solving" element to it, but most of the time it's just the same old thing.

I could go back to school, but a masters would bump me up about 10k and I would have more responsibility doing things that I really am not having that much fun doing.

Maybe that's the real answer--find something I enjoy doing besides starring at numbers. I like finance and stuff and love financial modeling new stuff, but once you have a base model that works, it's really just plugging numbers in after that.

must be nice having parents who don't expect you help pay the bills

r9k literally gave you the same responses
this isn't the "r9k answer"
everyone here is able to look at your situation critically and identify the 800 pound gorilla

Like I said, buyers' remorse is a real thing, but in the end you're the one that's going to have to be patching up your house, desperate to eke out of profit after a few years, not us

This faggot didn't turn down a 150k job to pay a mortgage and make 70k and think he's middle class rofl

I wonder who's behind this post...

enough

>50-60k net a year
>share 620/week apartment with my brother
>Fuck all in bills, $20 a day eating out, hardly buy groceries
>Still have money left over for cars bikes women drugs gambling and booze, invest most of it instead
And I live in sydney.. get your shit together OP

This. All these autists LARPing about their 90% savings rate while making 100k+ a year and defending the "still living with their parents" meme. No one that makes/saves that much still lives with their parents.

These poor souls LARP about themselves "living like kings" while still living at home to justify them being there. But it also makes sense because if they moved out they would realize what this guy is saying and realize that they're LARP is not even something to be proud of.

I moved out at 18 and it was the best decision ever. Rented hrough college, always lived within an hour from my parents. Now I'm 26 and own a house and still see my old man regularly. I get letting your parents help you out here and there and I love mine to death but I'm not gonna have them shelter me and feed me like I'm a teenager at the age of 26. But alas some people don't know how to grow up.

I'm gonna guess something to do with software probably full-stack/back-end.

I make 140K a year and have been working for a little over 2 years
I spent close to 200-300$ a month since a large number of my expenses are covered including a decent portion of my food.

I'm planning on buying a house soon (next 6 months) with my saved/invested money

Even though I'm saving a ton, I don't wanna keep living here. I have no space, I can't really do anything. Basically I can't move on with my life.
I would never call it being a king, but I do save a ton. Putting over 6-7K into my bank each month is nice, but not worth the trouble and I'm only getting older.

Maybe it'd be different if my family was different, like some sorta greek family or asian that sticks together, but I pretty much live with a "Out of sight, out of mind" approach.

>I get letting your parents help you out here and there and I love mine to death but I'm not gonna have them shelter me and feed me like I'm a teenager at the age of 26. But alas some people don't know how to grow up.
I take issue with this sentiment. Living at home does not mean you're still treated like a child. Not everyone who lives at home is the typical NEET dependent on mom for his chicken tendies, it is possible to live with your parents as a fellow adult.

Not gonna lie about my income, or say I live like a king, that's nonsense. I work as an EMT, and while I enjoy my job the pay is simply untenable. If I lived on my own I would have to work 2 jobs to not live paycheck to paycheck. Since I'm at home I've also been able to afford reducing my hours and spending my savings to go back to school and finish my degree, something I wouldn't be able to do at all if I was on my own. I really don't view it as immaturity on my part, why do you? I also don't view myself as a leech, I've offered in the past to contribute more financially and my parents said they'd prefer I use my money for school instead of for them.

>drive an hour to work,
>drive an hour to work, have to stay 9 hours because of a 1 hour mandatory lunch, than drive another 1 home (usually 1.5 hours on the way home because of ungodly traffic).

research shows that, of all the variables in someone's life, its the commute which can't be improved.

Heres where you fucked up. And if its impossible to imagine actually living within a 5-10 minute walk of where you work, thats fuck up number 2.

But the research is definitive, no matter if it seems intolerable to move. Because the commute will never, ever get better.

I have no talent that I can prove with certification or college degree, however I am a fast learner and pickup subjects relatively quick as long as they show return and keep me excited, the moment no one pays attention is when I drop it like it's old and then sulk in sorrow. All the jobs around me for entry level are maxed out at $1000/month yet my cost of living is $900 and I already sacrificed everything and live on absolute minimum. What can I do, I need help in direction. My plan is to go to employment agency in 2 weeks after my battery arrives to repair my transportation and ask for job and hoping I can get into electrical field as intern.. am I dreaming too high?

I used to be a graphic designer when I lived in USA then I learned programming until Hindus undercut me, then I got a CHP license and that's when immigration told me my status doesn't allow me to legally work and so 2 years since I finally got my permission to work last month but I can't work in Aviation since it's been too long and I need 30k to get back on track before I can re-qualify for that position. Meanwhile my hobby is art and painting to battle my depression but no one is paying attention to that either so I regressed it to my eyes only. What trade can I get into that will give me a chance to climb a ladder and become a person in the next 5 years?

you dont own a house, you have a mortgage.

but you're probably larping anyway so enjoy

I'm not sure you understand what LARP means

no one here claimed six figures, do you seriously find it hard to believe that people finish college, get starting salaries in tech or finance in line with these numbers, then move back in with their parents instead of blowing money on rent or chaining themselves to a mortgage?

>+50-60k net a year
>-620/week apartment is -32.2k a year
>-20 a day eating out is -7300 a year

So you're at only 10-20k a year left in spending money not accounting for other basics like electricity/phone/internet/insurance/retirement fund.

>Still have money left over for cars bikes women drugs gambling and booze, invest most of it instead

No you certainly do not you larping fag.

clearly he meant $620 per month ffs

You'll enjoy moving out, user. I get that not everyone is living this fantasy I described. And I understand living at home in certain cases is ok in order to save up, but beyond a certain point you gotta do your own thing.

Buying the house will give you a sense of pride and validation. Fuck these "DA JEWS" assholes. Yes paying a mortgage sucks but if you do it properly you're coming out better than renting and you're not living with your folks anymore. It's a real sense of freedom. Lots of positives that come out of it also:

>Learn skills (maintenance, repairs, gardening)
>Room for activities (if you're into outdoor stuff or motors)
>You can make it any way you want. It's your house you can do whatever the fuck you want with it
>People see you're responsible and understand how finances and actual responsibilities work
>Successfully paying that Jew mortgage is probably the single best way to earn good credit

Some may think you can do that stuff without the need to own but for me it's simply a learning experience like no other.

Credit is pretty worthless to me, my credit score is 800+ and I'm already preapproved for the loan

Just gotta find a good deal in my area

>living for other people
Lol normalfags

Who are you quoting?

wow there's really no arguments here

literally just "waste more money just because, uh, "real life" " yeah wow, good advice bud.

Didn't mean it as a sweeping generalization, but for the sake of this thread a couple people claimed they were either not/barely paying for food.

Once again didn't mean to generalize but someone in here stated exactly that they were making six figures living at home. Claimed LARP because I didn't believe them, although I have heard of it happening.

Sigh, yea technically. But as long as I'm on time with my payments there's nothing to say I can't tear down walls, repaint and do anything else tonthe place as I see fit. Barring a city inspector finding out, they're not gonna take my house.

If you're not in a hurry, which seems to be the case, check out as many places as thoroughly as possible. That obviously goes without saying and the key is to find that diamond in the rough. I was able to get a lucky deal by just having great timing due to the sellers being motivated for personal reasons. But I was looking for a while before it happened. Good luck.

t. kike

Hey it's just a plus for when you meet girls or people in general. I'd much rather hang out with someone who has more real life experience and advice (owning property for example) than some neet who has no skills or stories other than what they saw on Youtube or Facebook that day.

I know dickhead, i know. Its been a long fucking time since ive had an 18 year old cutie talking filthy in my ear though, so i fucked up. I legitimatley want to earth to open up and swallow me.
I dont even want to think about the possibility that ill be snitched on and lose my government job. Im an idiot and have noone to talk to about it.

he was referring to how the other user listed one of the main positives of having a house being how it changes other people's perception of you

global rule 3 is enforced on this board

i like you user

I was making fucking 35k and pulled myself out through crypto as the most risk-averse faggot imaginable

Pull yourself out of this shit and beat your father at what he did in life like all your greatest ancestors

How often do you fuck?
Serious question.

Never. I do like mother/son incest in doujins but I have absolutely no attraction to my own mother.

and because sharing is caring
exhentai.org/g/744793/4037496f6d/