Give me a basic gestalt

Give me a basic gestalt.

Things got a little out of hand

Cut off black hands, build some stuff, married a 16 y/o prostitute in the last years of his life, wanted to invade the Netherlands.

His rule was even handed

>wanted to invade the Netherlands
B A S E D

>King wants to be absolutist ruler
>Parliament says no
>King privately funds an expedition to africa to create a colony
>Parliament says as long as it's profitable, he can do whatever the fuck he wants
>Proceeds to butcher the native population

The Congans gave him a hand with his cash flow problems.

you gotta hand it to him, he got his absolutism in the end

why didn't he ask for her hand in marriage

he single-handedly made Belgium great again

He wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty

best part is, his plans would have more than likely worked, only reason he never got to actually do it was because France guaranteed the Netherlands against Belgian aggression

pretty ironic desu

>Belgian agression
Now that's something I thought I'd never hear about

Leopold II was a fairly typical conqueror-monarch born in the wrong country at the wrong time.

If he had been around for WWI honestly I could have seen him try to convince the country to make a deal with Germany along the lines of: you get to pass through our country and in return you support us if we decide to fuck with the Netherlands.

Probably wouldn't have worked but I could have totally seen him try.

The jokes in this thread are getting out of hand.

>France and the Netherlands get BTFO
>no Western stalemate
>Russia gets rekt immediately
>Belgians become the most powerful race in the world
>WWII prevented
It would have been glorious

only a handful of them

Belgium has the most concentrated meme potential of any country.

Alright, good puns, everyone deserves a good ol' belgian cookie

might come in handy if you're in for a snack
>mfw we literally have a city called hand throwing

If you combine the cunning of the English with the brutality of the Germans, then add the arrogance of the French and the greed of the Dutch and place the concluding concoction in a territory smaller than Moldova you truly have the most evil country on this earth.
And as if by some malevolent magic or cruel twist of fate, the king of these malicious beings king would be the grand sum of everything wrong, not only with monarchs and aristocrats, but with the very essence of human nature, exemplifying the wicked faults of human nature in the vile colours of black, gold, and red.

he was quite handsome.

>tfw you'll never read about the war of dutch agression after germany liberates netherlands in wwi

fuck i meant belgian

it sounds amazing desu

Civilized the Congo with advanced social Darwinism

>nier reference

Are you retarded, mate? Fuck off back to

He also wasn't able to do his plan as he was blocked by the belgian goverment from doings so. Same with having Congo an offical belgian colony (he worked around this with the 'free state' meme though). There are a lot of great things and plans Leopold had hoped to put in action, but that never happened because either he was blocked by the belgian goverment, or the fact the belgium was to small of a country. Had he been king of france or England, oh boi that's a spooky thoughed.
He prob would be remembered as one of the great modern day conquerors and rules.

you forgot your pic, carlos