Historical fashion thread v.3

Post clothing designs, accessories, hair styles etc from specific time periods and cultures.
Pic related is based on Ming Dynasty Chinese fashion. Does anyone know the different fashion trends that arose during this dynasty?

to get you started. There was a kind of hanfu revival I'm told.

Here is men's wear for guards.

Best fashion coming through.

Cute

Anyone got any images of women's clothing from the Greek Dark Ages? I've been commissioned to write a lewd Veeky Forumsfic set in that period.

I've heard about this "revival" since a few years ago, but it seems still mostly confined to cosplayers. It also seems to have some stigma due to some of its members being Han chauvinists who sperg out whenever the Qing is mentioned.
The good news is that more and more people seem to realize that 1930's Shanghai qipao is not a good representation of Chinese fashion overall.

>1930's Shanghai qipao is not a good representation of Chinese fashion overall
Still hot as fuck tho.

>some of its members being Han chauvinists who sperg out whenever the Qing is mentioned.

That's pity, Manchu/Qing fashion has a lot of charm too, aside from the Queue.

tfw the Irish get significantly less Veeky Forums after the 16th century

That's the geometric period and people were depicted like stick figures in the art of that era. Not any good for reference. Your next best thing are the statues of the archaic period (directly after the dark ages). Look up "kouros" and "kore".

>reconstruction based on painting and tomb findings, not based on tradition
>most look cheap and sloppy, made by 20 year old cosplayer and no real traditional practicioner
>we WUZ like Japan and Korea too before Qing invade us
Literal larp

by is late 18th century the best?

Thanks.

The best thing about the Barong is that you can actually wear it as the outfit at formal parties without looking like a retard.

They liked thicc girls.

See Yang guifei as an example.

My god this is exactly what all my slaves look like in Free Cities.
Except most of them would have visible bulges.

>I've heard about this "revival" since a few years ago, but it seems still mostly confined to cosplayers.
Also showing up in weddings.

Especially for women's clothing. However, some other categories of Qing fashion are meh. For example, I don't like Qing government clothes, particularly their hats.

I don't think Hanfu totally died out even during the Qing. Some anons stated in another threads that some emperors wore Hanfu in private and remoter sections of the population continued wearing it regardless of the change in overall fashion.

While I agree the 18th century is the best century,
That post you replied to was was not.
Those women are in Edwardian fashion.

>"Did you hear? Lord user likes ladycock!"

>"Let us sit around and laugh at this portrait, depicting Charles the first of England's execution! I believe I've grown an intrigue in my pantaloons!"

>"Lord user, W-where are you t-taking me? My friends are w-waiting for me..."

>"Lord user was only *this* big! How pitiful! And oh so boring, all he did was rant something about the Holy Roman Empire 'not being legitimate'. What a weirdo! Thank god Duke Chad showed up!"

>"No brother, not here! Surely father would catch our unholy acts!"

See, now you've got me thinking about 19th century futa ladies.

A cute.

Why do men from this era has such faggy hair? and why does it seems that beards also completely disappear?

Women from the cross rivers region of Southern Nigeria irc. You can see the western influence in the clothing of the little girls. I won't estimate on the tine period.

Oh right, I was focusing on the 1790s when I spoke of it. It looked very similar.

So they don't look like barbarians

Pick.

Victorian, no question.

These were mostly wigs.

A general lack of modern hair care products like shampoo, condition, and styling products made their natural hair quite unpleasant. Plus, widespread disease and poisoning with various heavy metals caused early baldness.

>Victorian or Edwardian?
Regency

Does that mean woman wear wigs as well?

Huh, that's sad.

Literally the Frenchies' fault. Louis XIV started wearing wigs to hide his growing baldness and everyone else in France did too so that he wouldn't feel bad. This somehow became an epidemic that lasted over 100 years.

Early 17th century is most aesthetic.