>"If you do not own a sword, sell your cloak and buy a sword."

What did He mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I826gxc8TvI
aramaicnt.org/2012/10/20/he-who-lives-by-the-sword-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=POBENWMOK_Q
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 53:9-12&version=NASB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The first is more figuratively saying that followers shouldn't shrink from conflict in spreading the word.

The second is literally saying that self defense is both allowed and encouraged.

>tfw turning the other cheek was a taunting method to get the enemie distracted and allow you to FUCKING penetrate his belly eith your sword
"Turn the other cheek and the waste that fool"

I don't know user, it seemed funnier in my head

I forgive you and nice digits btw.

The West corrupted Christianity into a religion of peace. Christians are supposed to be warriors.

>he thinks Occidental Christians don't know about spiritual warfare

he ment, "we got some ass kicking to do my niggas, these faggots ent gonna listen to words so lets beat the lord into them,"

this song pretty much covers it youtube.com/watch?v=I826gxc8TvI

בגין כל דנסבון סייף בסייף נמותון>
bagin kal d-nsab saiyf, b-saiyf yimuthun
For everyone who took up a sword, by a sword (OR “in the end”) they shall die.

aramaicnt.org/2012/10/20/he-who-lives-by-the-sword-2/

u tripin homie

>trusting someone who translates Aramaic for tattoos that people who've never heard it spoken will use as an authority of what Jesus said

Catholics fought crusades.
Protestants fought the bloodiest wars known to man until the world wars ate least.
Orthodox fought some to but succumbed to Muslim forces.

You know who didn't put a fight at all though? Copts and Assyrians. Jacobites may have had some kingdom though and Armenians defended their turf quite well in some battles. Aksum (Ethiopia) was a force in its region also which btfoed the Jews quite a bit.

He actually advises against untrustworthy tattoo artists.
The passage doesn't necessarily change though. All he implies is that it has a double meaning.

Hulagu's general was religiously 'Assyrian' to the extent that that's not anachronistic. Before Ain Jalut he led large sieges.

Also WWII.

Ethiopia counts as Coptic.

Except that while Copts were being subjugated by Mamluks Ethiopians were roaming their own land freely but yeah their first bishop was consecrated by the Coptic Church.

maa diciple!

This.

Christianity, like the other desert religions, are all fundamentally barbaric tribal religions that's sole purpose is growth and prosperity of in-tribe culture. Others can either join or die by the sword. This was how the original desert religions was played as.

no.

Also I should've said the World Wars but they *ahem* lost the first one

Christians are barred from attacking authoritahs because of Romans so they took all their anger out in mob violence and riots on pagans in their communities until they won the favor of the state.

Hulagu's warrior qualities are probably more attributable to his Mongol inheritance than his Assyrian one.

c'mon lad dont be a pussy

goodnight user.

I was referring to the 'Armenian' genocide.

They sided with Russia and then, that. But that they had armed chiefs even in the 20th century must mean something. Actually they may have won some battles.

dont forget your prayers, good night brother

Buy swords

jesus was a swords sales man shillin swords, ffs jesus i knew you were a fucking jew, the word of god was just his ad campain,

Shit is getting crazy with these pepes.

>"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
Christians will experience struggle, not peace, until the Second Coming. Also, the Word of God is referred to as a "sword", one by which sin, evil and demons can be fought with.
>"If you do not own a sword, sell your cloak and buy a sword."
Just read the lines after it. The Apostles had sword and Christ told them that it's enough. He did it purely for the sake of fulfilling prophecy, it had nothing to do with self-defence. Only St. Peter resisted Christ's arrest until Jesus told him not to. Many Apostles died violent deaths without resisting.

Nonsense.

Funny enough, the Byzantines forbid soldiers from taking part in the Eucharist for two years after killing anyone, even in self-defence. Orthodox priests and monks are defrocked if they resist violence with violence.

He had shares in sword companies and used the profit to buy up the now flush with product cloak resellers.

So what happened to the sword? Did he forget to bring it?

>What did He mean by this?

Initially heaven was for edgelords that bought katanas, but they became atheists.

They probably would have gone to heaven where they would have received the power to teleport behind people.

Christ supported the Second Amendment.

I dont really like islam but I do agree with one thing they say in the Kuran, that a paradise can only be established under a sword.

Kek

Were cloaks expensive? How much a sword cost?

>What did He mean by this?

yeshua don't play

>Why did Peter have a sword
>Oh, Jesus told him to buy one, that's fine
Alternatively
>You know, it seems kind of bad that Jesus is telling people to arm themselves
>Okay, let's have him admonish Peter for using it, then

>If you do not own a sword, sell your cloak and buy a sword.

I don't know why people keep quoting this out of context. It isn't some general commandment, it is part of the story of Jesus' arrest and crucifixion. He requires to be arrested by the Romans in order to fulfill prophecy so he tells his disciples to buy ONE sword (so the Romans have an excuse to arrest him as a bandit) and the disciples reply they already have two between all TWELVE of them and he says "that's enough". Then when one of the disciples actually uses one of the swords as Jesus is being arrested Jesus admonishes him and tells him to put the sword down.

The stupid thing is that most of the time it's not even non-Christians that deliberately misuse this quote it's Christians trying to make out that Jesus gives some sort of grounds for violence, when he does not anywhere.

>He requires to be arrested by the Romans in order to fulfill prophecy
What prophecy is that?

>"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Treason has consequences.

youtube.com/watch?v=POBENWMOK_Q

It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 53:9-12&version=NASB

Looks like product placement for me.

he thought he would lead the revolution and become the next monarch of the restored kingdom of israel. but instead he failed and heretics proclaimed him god