When did medieval Italians originate...

When did medieval Italians originate? I find the differences between them and the Romans striking but I can't figure out where the change occurred.

Other urls found in this thread:

altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/about-alta-badia/the-ladin-language-and-culture.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe when the goths settled?

Goth and Arab rape and wholesale replacement of the native Latin population. Your average northern Italian is a snownigger, and your southern Italian is a dune coon.

/thread

Is this somehow different than how things were in the roman days?

Yes. The Romans were actual humans, and not nigger-people, so when they raped groups like the Sabines and the other Etruscans and Latins, they uplifted them, not mixed in a bunch of shit into their genetic makeup.

The Goths were mostly subsumed by Latin culture though. It's after Justinian raped the Goths and Italy fell under Lombard control that Italy got Germ'd.

When the Lombards came and settled in Italy. In the city of Rome itself, things didn't change all that much. The people there, the elite at least, still gives you a vibe classical Patrician when you read about goings-on in medieval Rome.

>I find the differences between them and the Romans striking
Unlike the difference between other modern people and their ancestors of 15 centuries prior?

if whites are so great, why do they (i'm white btw, but i don't do this bs) bitch, moan and suffer all the time? why is there always a THREAT to whiteness? why is it that /pol/tards fear every fucking shadow? it's not power or supremacy, it's the opposite
there's change, not degradation or progress, that's just an opinion, and opinions to reality are what calendars to nature - it doesn't care about it that much

>why is there always a THREAT to whiteness?
I don't know. Ask the people constantly threatening it.

>I find the differences between them and the Romans striking
would you care to elaborate?

Germanic invaded Northen Italy en mass, by the hundreds of thousands, especially the Lombards, they completely changed how Italians spoke, in Sicily Arab rule also influenced the local language a lot.

The closest language to Latin is Sardinian and that's because they didn't get GERMAN'd or ARAB'd, that's why it's the closest to Latin and has basically no Germanic or Arab loanwords.

Italy was the name of the place all those tribes lived. The romans (latins) were one of them.

The invaders called that place Italy since it was the correct name. Italians aren't all descended from the original romans, they are from the different tribes in the Italic Peninsula plus some germanic barbarians. There were even some arabs.

>I use the term "rape" when describing historical populations
How to spot someone who has no clue what he's tlaking about

why did Satan rebel against God?

after listening to TTC's history of the renaissance and the history of Rome I found the Italians and Romans pretty damn similar to each other

At least the Romans during the Imperial era to the point that up until the renaissance they probably didn't believe anything changed in their situation at all.

>Equating the romans with the latin people.
The romans were a subcategory of latins with a cultural sprinkle of etruscan.
Other than that good comment.

What's TTC?

The Great Courses

TTC means the Teaching Company

see this thread

You fucking subhumans. Stop spouting this fucking invasion = population replacement meme. Im going to fucking kill you.

>(i'm white btw)
Sure thing Jamal or (((goldstein))).

Honestly, I think they are just baiting at this point. We've posted so many times genetic studies proving them wrong but people are still spouting this rape baby meme

>Roman Italians: Lived in city states nominally subordinate to Rome. Spoke their own language or Latin depending on the time period

>Medieval Italians: Lived in city states often with a working relationship with the Pope in Rome. Spoke regional derivatives of Latin

I don't get it! how did these totally different people come to live in the same region?

i don't know what reality you live in but if you just walk out side all you hear is niggers bitching about being oppressed

white oppression only exist on Veeky Forums, in truth the world is more equal now than its ever been

non-meme answer: Italians are almost a direct evolution of the Latins/Etruscans/Capuans living on the Italian peninsula.

Of course no ethnicity can contain the exact blood of those 2000 years ago because of just normal reproduction, that's just silly to assume it can be done; but to pin it down more accurately, Italian is just a direct build on Latin, with Lombard influences later on.

An example would be the difference between Middle English and Modern English, with the two looking little alike because of just the natural progression of spoken language over time,

Middle English:

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;

Modern English:

When April's gentle rains have pierced the drought
Of March right to the root, and bathed each sprout
Through every vein with liquid of such power
It brings forth the engendering of the flower;

Latin to Italian follows the same build as Middle to Modern English, to make it simple.

Latin:

Arma virumque canō, Trōiae quī prīmus ab orīs
Ītaliam, fātō profugus, Lāvīniaque vēnit
lītora, multum ille et terrīs iactātus et altō
vī superum saevae memorem Iūnōnis ob īram;
multa quoque et bellō passūs, dum conderet urbem

Italian:

Armi e l'uomo che canto, che prima dalle rive
Di Italia, esiliato dal destino, è venuto al Laviniano
La riva, e un sacco di esso, e sulla terra e sul mare
Forza degli dèi per soddisfare l'ira sorda di Juno;
Molte cose anche, e la guerra che soffriva, fino a trovare la città,

As for ethnic makeup, Italians are little changed from their Latin past, if you want a region that is almost completely unchanged due to just isolation, Sardinians are probably your closest relative to the ancient Latins.

Didn't happen.

Tay.gif?
More like Tay dot MY gf

That modern English translation is pretty shit dude.
When that April with his shores soot
The drought of march has pierced to the root
And bathed every vine in such liquor
Of which virtue engendered is the flower

Not to sure about shoures soote
Shore makes sence as an edge and maybe sooth instead of soot. But a covering of black fits with the rain.

I agree with your point, are you a native English speaker?

English is my second language, sorry for the bad translation, thanks for correcting, though.

but the focus is that languages change and progress over time to meet new situations, all languages have had this natural progress to an extent, and the language people speak 500 years from now will be different from today, naturally.

“Dip him in the river who loves water.”

Aight, thank you!

Italian language's latin roots are undeniable man, but to be honest, how both languages (grammar?) are constructed is very different. I'm no linguist, yet these... declinations(?) in latin (like animae, animae) don't exist in Italian (or in Spanish which is my native language in that regard).
In that order, I don't think your conclusion that Italian is just a natural progression of Latin is right.
I remember reading a fragment of Old Spanish in El Cantar del Mio Cid and Middle Spanish in Don Quijote de la Mancha, and while there were words whose structure has changed the language structure itself was pretty similar to Spanish nowadays - I could understand what I was reading. On the other hand, apart from some (many) Spanish words that are clearly of Latin origin, I can barely understand the most simple Latin sentences, let alone what you posted, without reading its Italian translation

>so when they raped groups like the Sabines and the other Etruscans and Latins, they uplifted them

>romans
>uplifting Etruscans

whew m8

La last verse in Italian has nothing in common with its Latin equivalent except "multa quoque/Molte cose". Obviously the gap is greater than between modern and middle English but also the outside influences are much greater in the case of the Italics.
It would be much more interesting for instance to study the common points and the differences between Sardinian and Romanian that both have very similar sounds and suffixes but different influences marking the divergence from their Latin roots.

>The closest language to Latin is Sardinian and that's because they didn't get GERMAN'd or ARAB'd, that's why it's the closest to Latin and has basically no Germanic or Arab loanwords.

There is this old dialect of Latin, which is still used by people in South Tirol, in the remote alpine communes. Supposedly these were the remnants of the Roman peasants who weren't enriched, because their settlements were too far away in the mountains.

altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/about-alta-badia/the-ladin-language-and-culture.html

>using the term rape when talking about invasions at all
is that way bud

t. Beniamino ibn-Palermo

t. neet who never left his small hometown