What are some really small things that had really big, far reaching, butterfly effect type of repercussions?

What are some really small things that had really big, far reaching, butterfly effect type of repercussions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-ErnRKDJ4
historynet.com/the-marksman-who-refused-to-shoot-george-washington.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tmZiGfLVs8w
youtube.com/watch?v=K-P15e6NvtU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>smokes cigarettes
>gets cancer
>dies
>idiot son Wilhelm II takes the throne
>tfw I will never live in a timeline where Frederick III never smoked, and German foreign policy wasn't retarded

There's at least one book claiming that most of history is due to dumb luck and random chance. I don't buy that theory, but I'd like to read the book.

A wrong turn shaped a century

>implying

Candaules weird fetish for having his friend watch his wife have sex starting the Mermnads dynasty of Lydia.

>Be me, 1773, Boston.
>I'm pretty hammered from being at the pub singing songs about how I hate the British.
>Some of the other guys drinking with me decide to go fuck with stupid redcoat faggots
>We sneak onto a ship and dump their gay tea into the water. (What kind of a massive pussy drinks tea anyways?)
>Everyone laughs and goes back to drinking at Sam's pub.
>Flash forward a few hundred years, and the God Emperor has become President of the United States and is currently in battle with the globalist and marxist forces of Bal and Molochs new world order, defending western civilization from legions of terrorists and communists trying to subjugate the white race and freedom.

By far the best example is the Assassination of Franz Ferdinand.

>What are some really small things that had really big, far reaching, butterfly effect type of repercussions?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-ErnRKDJ4

If Themistocles hadn't bitched at everyone to build triremes... imagine how different the world might be.

if a tiny atom somewhere in the universe moved the wrong way none of us would've been born

>hey I'm a super famous sniper in the 18th century
>oh look, a fleeing rebel
>"TURN AROUND AND LET ME SHOOT YOU"
>"...nah, i'm going to keep running away"
>"well, shit. It's dishonourable to shoot someone in the back."
>the rebel was likely George Washington and the rest is history

historynet.com/the-marksman-who-refused-to-shoot-george-washington.htm

>forget to put away petri dish samples
>"...interesting, this mold appears to be eating the other mold."
>and thus antibiotics were born

>Edward the Confessor forgets to publicly announce his heir
>the Kingdom of England is invaded by the Danes, Norwegians and Normans
>William the Conqueror, England, United Kingdom, etc.

>What are some really small things that had really big, far reaching, butterfly effect type of repercussions?

youtube.com/watch?v=tmZiGfLVs8w

also the fact that the Seven Years War was started by George Washington being an impetuous asshole and attacking a French fort for shits and giggles. Which led to all of the taxes that the Revolution was fought against

>plebit

The small one, but interesting.

in that case, jesus was the direct cause for the nuking of hiroshima

>President of the United States and is currently in battle with the globalist
>Trump is fighting himself
Sounds about right

First cannonball that hit Fort Sumter.

>suppressed freedom
>caused Vietnam
>Income tax
The Eternal Wilson.

>>plebit

youtube.com/watch?v=K-P15e6NvtU

>jewtube

Implying what? That WWI would have played out in the exact same way without the assassination of Franz-Ferdinand?

Fucking what?

underrated posts

He probably would have become even more disillusioned with America had he met Woodrow t b h.

?

>Fucking what?
Read Herodotus.

Constantine tolerating Christianity in the Roman Empire.

RESULT:

>Christianity spreading like fuck
>Christianity becoming powerful
>Worshipers of the traditional pantheon start getting fucked in riots
>Christian Roman Officials turn blind eye
>Traditional Roman values are tossed out the window as values from Judea are tossed into the mix
>Butthurt Christians don't want to fight wars anymore and up the amount of mercs
>Everything is turned into a clusterfuck because the economy
>Western Roman Empire collapses
>Little to no technological advancement in eastern europe for millennia

>implying that it was ho chi mihn's fault that Vietnam was split in half
>implying that the vast majority of south Vietnamese wanted to be under a western puppet.

shut the fuck up gibbon

At least he didn't say anything about the (non-existent) sandwich.

Can't find anything that would EXACTLY fit op's criteria but I have something.

>January Uprising in Russian-occupied Poland (1863) prevented Prussian-Russian conflicts made the two countries closer for strategic reasons and paved the way to German unification

>Following the assassination of tsar Alexander II, his successor Alexander III started anti-semitic pogroms. Lots of Jews escaped to cities like London in years 1881-83. One of them (probably) became Jack the Ripper. This one is debatable for obvious reasons but the best suspect was such an immigrant just like some other strong candidates

>In the late 19th century the Royal Geographic Society had a debate about the admission of women as members and to the reconcile the two factions Clements Markham became a member who, to unite everyone behind a common goal, started a great project that resulted in several British expeditions to the Antarctic. A big deal for someone who loves these awesome stories.

Just on the top of my head. Nothing special but I think that posting stories like "X didn't die in his childhood when a horse kicked him and later a bunch of people died" is cheating.

But am I wrong?
No, of course not. Just butthurt Christians who can't own up to the fact that their religion brought down one of the most important empires to have existed in Europe.