How historically/biblically accurate is this film?

How historically/biblically accurate is this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ArQc7YYtiNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>historically
not at all
>biblically
spot on

/thread

Also a fine, even great movie.

>biblically
>spot on
bullshit. moses knew he was a Hebrew the entire time

it is a film version of a story in the Bible
it's a great film, with great visuals
I'd recommend it

very few historians read that part of the Bible as historically accurate
there is no real proof that the Jews ever were in Egypt
it's more likely that it is a "volk story", the tale a people have about their origins
like the Franks claiming to be from Troy, the Phoenicians coming from Bahrain, etc

Kek

I'll admit, that made me laugh

omg, a 5-year old, somebody plz call his mom

inaccuracies:
>pharaoh's wife found him instead of pharaoh's daughter

I really don't understand the purpose of this change. Nothing in the movie would have been majorly shifted if they just made his adoptive mom pharaoh's daughter.
>Pharaoh only seems to have one wife
then again, I am making assumptions based on what was shown.
It's funny to me that in reality he actually knew this. Why did they still let him stay in the palace? Or were him and his mom the only ones who knew? Either way, it's funny he knew yet didn't give a shit. It's more dramatic that he didn't know at first.

why is god such a cunt

Because you don't fuck with Old Testament God. The whole atheist
>haha gods a dick gottem
Routine just reveals how little they actually know about the religion, and should instead stick to agnosticism. God is described as jealous in the Bible, he's supposed to be a cunt. He's supposed to scare you straight. There's a reason they used to call being pious 'God fearing'.

Is it worse in regard to Islam's fanatical view on submission?

THUS SAITH THE LORD

Why is he jealous? Did gods dad not give him attention?

>historically
>expecting any more depicting the events of the Bible to be historically accurate

lmao

A bit of advice from a descendant of slaveholders. Decreeing that all male infants should be tossed into the river to feed to the gators is chattel slavery's economic equivalent of taking your brand new uninsured Ferrari to a demolition derby and basically guarantees anyone who survives is gonna Nat Turner your ass the first chance they get.

>biblically

Decent enough. They do play down some of the more fucked up shit like Moses' ordering the execution of his followers who broke rank and worshipped the golden calf.

It's likely Hebrews weren't even enslaved, let alone representing the majority of slaves. Mass slave massacres have been done numerous times in history and getting rid of a powerless group like the Hebrews isn't going to hurt you.

>How historically/biblically accurate is this film?

Mocking the gods fail...

youtube.com/watch?v=ArQc7YYtiNI

YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER
HOW HAVE YOU COME TO HATE ME SO?

Because Jews = gods """chosen""" people, thus they belong to god by right so long as they remain Jews.

Not historically accurate but fairly close to the Biblical events.
It had great visuals. Tzipporah is super hot. The movie even ripped off a Chinese piece of music.

Is Zipporah black?

Yes, the Midianiates were a dark-skinned people and referred to by the Hebrews as "Kushim".

Apparently they could be the sea people as well.

The animation, in particular the way people look, makes me uncomfortable and makes the film unenjoyable. [spoiler]Deliver Us is GOAT though. Ofra Haza's voice was incredible.[/spoiler]

>it's more likely that it is a "volk story", the tale a people have about their origins
>like the Franks claiming to be from Troy, the Phoenicians coming from Bahrain, etc
Nowadays we call those "WE."