Assassin's creed: origins, a new and apparently very popular game set in ancient egypt...

Assassin's creed: origins, a new and apparently very popular game set in ancient egypt, has many black characters and the main character appears to be black.

I didn't know this fake/revisionist/alternative history was widespread to this point, is this a new era of americans black-washing history?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/philip-perry/were-the-ancient-egyptians-black-or-white-scientists-now-know
heatst.com/culture-wars/science-egyptian-kings-and-queens-were-not-africans/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shed_(deity)
eurogenes.blogspot.nl/2017/05/ancient-egyptians-less-sub-saharan-than.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this reverse-wewuzzing? Are people now saying that there was no black people in Egypt at all? When Egypt had a large boarder with a black civilization to its south with which it had all sorts of relations with and similar culture and intertwined histories? Even Nubian Pharaohs that ruled Egypt for a while.

I bet you think George Washington was a tyrant

As a minority? yes. Otherwise very unlikely and rarely reported of

Yes, a very small series of Nubian pharaohs ruled Egypt, less than 10, out of hundreds.

There were black people in ancient Egypt

There were a few white people in Ancient Egypt, especially after the Hellennic subjegation and diadochi dynasties.

Lets make a video game where all Egyptians are white blondes.

I have come here to state the obvious.

>Ubisoft

Sandniggers (Ancient Egyptians) are closer to niggers than to white people. I don't understand why you are so triggered about it.

>Not making a game where the character is a minority in the country

It's as if /pol/ is afraid of blacks

>Sandniggers are closer to niggers

Are racists ever actually smart?

>when you don't know anything about what you're talking about

bigthink.com/philip-perry/were-the-ancient-egyptians-black-or-white-scientists-now-know
heatst.com/culture-wars/science-egyptian-kings-and-queens-were-not-africans/

I mean if you don't know about the cradle of civilisation, and the first migrations from the Indus valley, which is elementary history and important and core to know about the history of humanity, than you should leave Veeky Forums and generally never talk about history again.

>Otherwise very unlikely and rarely reported of
You're not serious, are you? There were plenty of blacks in Egypt. Not a majority as we wuzzers like to claim but they were there.

The average NORTHERN Egyptian was about 1/8 (6-15%) "black" according to the most recent genetics test. There probably was a significant minority of people in Egypt that would be considered "black" by modern standards. Though the average Egyptian would still "look Arab".

Why do you Leftists worship niggers?

>Sandniggers (Ancient Egyptians) are closer to niggers than to white people
Except they're not
They're caucasoids, not negroids

Why don't egyptians seem to speak out against we-wuzism more? Its there heritage being stolen, not white peoples

>Egyptian Kings and Queens Were Not Africans

What? Egypt is part of Africa, that's elementary geography. What a retarded title.

I don't think Egyptians care what people in the West do really.

Are you 12?

They are not africans in descent

They are Asiatic in descent obviously

Revisionist with poor arguments who capitalize on semantics to even out the field for their pathetic levels of argumentation.

Leave Veeky Forums immediately.

I wish if the entire world would stop caring what Americans think or do, really. They're all focused on extremely childish and pathetic matters, and their social medias are the birthplaces of abominations like this one. Americans have always lagged behind when it comes to demographics since the 1800s.

>Were the Ancient Egyptians Black or White?

This title is just so american, everything is a dichotomy for these poor bastards

Why do you consider anyone who isn't an explicit racist throwing around Nigger at every opportunity is a leftist?

That's what happens when you're the good guys who stick up for democracy everywhere on earth

Serious or sarcasm?

Please be sarcastic

It's a video game senpai, you jump off roofs and stab people in the face, how historically accurate were you hoping this game would be?

I can't tell if this shit is trolling anymore, or if you are so desperate for conversation this is all you can come up with. Are we really moving into an era where not even tertiary sources are setting the standard for our 'history'? Video games, movies, hell even some fucking books are not history, though they take place back in time.

Grow up.

>By Ian Miles Cheong

A pretty well informed journalist, I wonder what's the ideology of that site with such retarded wording?

Does anyone outside of maybe a couple of True Believer Republicans believe that?

>not worshipping niggers is racist

>wahhh he made fun of my sjw candidate!
Not your safespace, snowflake

>Going to just ignore the lab research of more than a hundred mummies and just target the man who wrote the words in his article of many articles reporting of the findings of the research inquiry

Like I said earlier, most history revisionists try to knock holes, use Ad hominem, capitalize on grammar mistakes and other insignficant piss-poor stuff to even out their field. They know they're wrong, afterall.

The reason he's retarded here is Labour humiliated the tories this election by taking their majority and forcing them into a coalition.

>look at our game set in ancient egypt
>*presents black people*

What if we did the following;

>look at our game in ancient egypt!
>*presents blonds with blue eyes*

Clearly neither is alright or OK.

If you're going to develop a science fiction game than try to deviate from history as much as possible and actually state that it is going to be a game about fiction, not about ancient egypt you stupid cunt.

wanting to export democracy is a uniquely neocon value
in the current year neocons are extinct outside the beltway

the American right is now nationalists, libertarians, and bland GOP loyalists

Do you actually understand British politics?

The DUP were pro-remain, this has made the tories have to cooperate with a party that is completely opposite to their interests. The DUp have already demanded a soft brexit, weakening the UK's negotiations.

You'll literally phrase anything to look like a victory. The tories expected to gain 30 seats, and lost 30 seats instead. Jeremy Corbyn is now the most powerful man in Britain.

>yay we made them form a coalition with an even more right wing party, that'll show them!

Are all lefties so fucking stupid?

>Putting a black person in a video game is worshipping niggers

You do realize they make up a sizable minority in many developed Western countries and were also present to an extent in Egypt at various times throughout it's history

The DUP are totally opposite to Tory Interests.

The DUp want soft brexit, rexduced austerity in Northern ireland and decentralization to power in Northern Ireland.

The Tories now have to do as the DUP wants to get anything passed.

what I could see, they are are not black, they are as I ever imagined them, they are just a bit more tan than this guys from rome 2

>Jeremy Corbyn is now the most powerful man in Britain

Comrade Corbyn couldn't beat May after what was perhaps the worst election campaign in the history of the United Kingdom.

You think they'll beat them once they get someone with even an eight of a brain in charge?

>Conservative government propped up by right wing nationalists

The only difference is America has a celebrity guest head of state. Otherwise you did exactly what America did (as the two countries are wont to do)

Both of those cases are fine, as they are video games which have no place in actual reality.

Be a vascious prick all you want. It's a video game, why do you care if someone who should be white is black or vice versa?

They also hate homos, abortions and evolution.

Corbyn couldn't even beat the tories when they fucked up this bad m8 He was propped up by college students voting in their mummy's constituencies over summer break and they probably won't even vote in the next 5 years.

>Comrade Corbyn couldn't beat May after what was perhaps the worst election campaign in the history of the United Kingdom.

Corbyn was polling at 40%. that's the highest Labour has polled at since the 1997 landslide. Their defeat came from the Lib Dem voters choosing tory.

>You think they'll beat them once they get someone with even an eight of a brain in charge?

And who's that gonna be, nigga, Boris fucking Johnson?

Corbyn is the most powerful opposition the UK has seen since 1945 and holds 262 seats in Parliament. His party's power tripled over night.

>20 shekels have been deposited to your Xbox live account

Yes, do you think hating evolution is a good thing?

Because 40% of the population is a college student. okay.

Pssst, it actually makes up less than 5%

what happened to ukip

Ass creed prides itself on historical authenticity. It's not even like battlefield where they have an excuse since the historical city immersion is actually part of the game.

No, you idiot, I'm telling you why you shouldn't be celebrating that the Tories lost their majority

The mediterranean people have suffered enough for this shite

What an argument.
Kek, and?

I am celebrating because Labour now holds 40% of the seats.

Obviously I hate the fact the DUP has power in the UK, but it's a small price to pay. The blairites are nothing now.

>It's a video game senpai, you jump off roofs and stab people in the face, how historically accurate were you hoping this game would be?
Very. Besides the conspiracy shit Assassins Creed is mostly historically accurate when it comes to authenticity (clothes, buildings people etc.)

>i want my video games to be historically accurate
>Fuck books and study
>fuck actual accuracy
>DO IT FOR ME

You should probably kill yourself.

Perhaps they did overstate the extent of black people in Egypt but let's not pretend that Egypt didn't exist in close proximity to nubian areas and have them within it's own populations.

Exactly, the game is historically inaccurate while portraying itself as historically accurate. They are being purposefully misleading, which is an obvious problem.

>The average NORTHERN Egyptian was about 1/8 (6-15%) "black" according to the most recent genetics test. There probably was a significant minority of people in Egypt that would be considered "black" by modern standards. Though the average Egyptian would still "look Arab".
/thread. Anyone wewuzing should look no further.

>the game is historically inaccurate while portraying itself as historically accurate.
Kek, so you are the type of people we need to purge.

>fuck reading
>play games instead
>who even is Herodotus?

Honestly, in all seriousness, kill yourself. You don't honestly believe movies which say "based on a true story" are anywhere near reality, right?

>Kek, so you are the type of people we need to purge.

Edgy.

>You don't honestly believe movies which say "based on a true story" are anywhere near reality, right?

Of course I don't. That's the point I'm trying to make. Only a moron watches a piece of entertainment that presents itself as "historically accurate" and expects it to be as such.

>Ass creed prides itself on historical authenticity
>A series of games that features honest to god ancient aliens as a major plot device

You hate America because you hate yourself

How is this even a reply to what he wrote? Try to at least keep your condescending put-downs RELEVANT.

Or do you seriously think that anybody who values historical accuracy in fiction cares because it saves them from having to study the period? You think people are using Assassin's Creed to study for their midterms?

the protaganist isn't black hes egyptian

this whole thread was just bait made by a WE WUZ memelord

Outside the ancient aliens shit the people/clothing/buildings are very accurate and this includes the race of those people.

This thread was made by a WE WUZ KANGZ memer though. This game is actually pretty historically accurate when it comes to race.

>the main character appears to be black
Yeah, dark as midnight

Anciebnt Egyptians weren't white

They weren't black african

They were a unique racial set with both modern Meditarranean and African elements, giving them a copper skinned appearance

This tug-o-war between SJWs and /pol/beards over what race egyptians were is pathetic

The first game had a shia imam wielding a mind control stick

The second had the borgia pope wielding a magical trident

At this point the entire first game has basically been retconned out of existence. The entire story of the game was about learning about how the (fictional version) Templars were founded during the Crusades cause they found the space apple and the Assassins wanted to shut it down but now apparently cavemen were assassins and templars. So how do they explain all the death speeches in the first game talking about "This is how and why I helped found the Templars."

>They were a unique racial set with both modern Meditarranean and African elements, giving them a copper skinned appearance
No they weren't, Egyptians descend from near eastern farmers who migrated west during the neolithic.

This "egyptians were half and half" is just as SJW as saying they were niggers.

Looks like fanart.
>(Canaan is the ancient name of a place in Pakistan)
Definitely fanart.

Because it's a boating simulator

New protagonist won't be black, he will be dark-skinned. "Dark-skinned" as Connor was, not Adewale mind you.

It's fanart by a literal Ubisoft concept artist

99% of normies will do just that. Thats why we want game creators to have some standards

>>Canaan is the ancient name of a place in Pakistan
maybe meant "ancient name of palestine"?

>people complaining that new ass creed is historically inaccurate because there are black people in africa
>everyone ignoring the giant snek at the end of the trailer

>tfw you became AC fanboy after all
it's my guilty pleasure, i can't help it. I know it's historically innacurate SJW-pandering money-grabbing franchise but fuck it i love it

>niggers in battlefield 1
>everyone ignoring the vast list of other inaccuracies

Actually looked at the live E3 broadcast.
New guy is brownish, actually looks pretty authentic as far as Ancient Egypt.
And the civilians are a bit darker than AC1 peasants.

>49 BC
>ancient egypt

There was a guy from Ubisoft doing AMA on /v/ some time ago. IIRC he said protagonist's personality will be a mix of Connor and Altair, whatever that means. He will be a former slave who won't have a name in the beginning but later through the game will adopt the name Shed, according to Egyptian deity of salvation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shed_(deity)

They'll also include naval elements in the game, nothing like Black Flag though. You'll be able to sail across the Eastern Mediterranean with some sort of boat. He also said that the map will be gigantic, and it will include numerous aesthetic "exotic" scenery, deltas, rivers, islands, so it will be kinda like Black Flag in that regard, so you won't have same boring generic desert landscapes over and over.

He also said that they're planning a whole triology out of this, this is the first part of a triology set in ancient world and if all goes right they'll make the next one in ancient Greece, and Rome will most likely follow.

God I wish this series didn't have the retarded ancient aliens shit. and the simplification of history into "templars vs assassins". I actually liked the first game.

Interesting article for those who are interested. According to a recent genetic research, it turns out that there has been a greater shift towards sub-saharan "black" population clusters amongst the Egyptians AFTER the Roman era. Ancient Egyptians were closer genetically to Levantine farmers, the African admixture in modern Egyptians is quite recent.

eurogenes.blogspot.nl/2017/05/ancient-egyptians-less-sub-saharan-than.html

WE

Modern Egyptians are also wewuzzers.

The most recent Egyptian genetic research showed that Jordanians and Bedouins are most similar to the ancient Egyptians

>ABRAHAM WUZ INDO-EUROPEAN N SHIT

>biblical story
>historical accuracy
reminder that no source other than the old testament states that the jews were ever enslaved in egypt

That's still ancient Egypt.

Seems like a lot of white pride people along with nigger lovers,so sit down all

Like the whit supremacists said,there was a huge immigration from the levant and the Hindus valley to the nile delta in search for more fertile ground

HOWEVER

the nigger lovers are also right.there was also a huge amount of people coming from what is now Sudan,Chad and ethiopia. So what happened ?
Egypt hasn't always been united.when it started off,the natives in the north and the immigrants from the levant didn't get along with the natives in the south and their nubian immigrants.so for a (long ) while egypt was split,till a pharao named menes United the two halves.its natural that some egyptians were more black than others.
But this ubisoft Bullshit doesn't add up. We aren't that white but we also aren't a bunch of damn niggers

Where does the ancient Egyptian genetic sample come from? A post invasion pharoe? Most likely not representative of the population at large. Why don't they ever use older mummies as their genetic basis?

Because the dna is mostly very fragmented and mostly in a bad shape which will give you very inaccurate results,if you are lucky and get any to begin with

O'rly. Most Egyptians are blacker than me and I'm a "black" American.

The ancient Egyptian sample consists out of mummies from the New Kingdom untill the Roman times, a time span of 1300 years, of which the majority is from before the Hellenic invasions

Sure

I'm not saying I'm related to them, but all evidence points to ancient Egyptians and their culture originating from the base of the Nile and spreading northward, because no civilization has ever developed against the flow of a river.

I was told in college that ancient Egypt was a "rainbow" society, meaning that people were all sorts of different colors and there wasn't any dominant skin color. The explanation for this was that Egypt was a unique cross-section between Europe, Africa, and Middle-Eastern cultures.

Maybe it's because Americans are wierd.im darker than Sadat yet I wasn't called black in Germany

You skipped the whole thing and probably read the last line amirite?

Except genetic research, one of the most valuable ways to discover the heritage and ancestry of population clearly indicates that they have more african admixture in modern times compared to those who lived in the Old Kingdom, contradicting your hypothesis of an Sub-Sarahan origin.

C O N F I R M E D
W H I T E

But where did the ancient sample come from? A new kingdom mummy?

According to the researchers they used mummies from the New Kingdom untill the Roman times. Different mummies with an age range of 1300 years.