Why do hindus worship rats?

Why do hindus worship rats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI
youtube.com/watch?v=17DE2krqQMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because rats and mice are god-tier animals.

They're like tiny dogs. A bit dumber, but pretty neato too.

What? Don't tell me you DON'T like them user...

Because Ganesha hangs out with rats

It's not the only thing they worship.

They also worship Mother Theresa as one of Vishnu's wife

>They also worship Mother Theresa as one of Vishnu's wife
Why shouldn't they? I know you meant this derogatory but all jokes aside that matches up with Catholic theology where nuns are considered brides of Christ.

hindus are literally animals

their way of respecting their "sacred river" is to defecate and throw trash into it, muslims at least would never tolerate this kind of uncleanliness and filth

>muslims at least would never tolerate this kind of uncleanliness and filth
They would just blow themselves up.

Hinduism isnt an organized religion.

just look at these people

They call them sudras for a reason.

Because in India they try to make it as hard as possible for infants to survive.
They make the place as dirty as possible to encourage pestilence.
They bathe in the same river where they dispose of their dead.
They nurture rats because they bring plague.
All this just to make sure only the fittest can survive.

I live in India, the problem is that the poor people keep breeding for no reason, the school culture is that if you like a girl you are teased in private schools for lust .
It is as if they want to create another child that lives and leeches of garbage and waste

India as a whole has replacement level fertility.

Kinda true Indians have fucking iron immune systems just to live in that country. Tourists dont stand a chance

They actually believe those rats are the reincarnation of their ancestors or something

>I'm not against religion I'm against organized religion
>The Church is so corrupt personal worship is much more progressive

I am just saying that hinduism has no constant core of doctrines like abrahamic religions.
I don't worship rats. My family mostly worships shiva because it is an old family heirloom and does ancestor worship.

Hindu does have core doctrines. Its the vedas. Adherence to the Vedas is seen as something that differentiates hindus from the non-hindus.

Yeah, the nastika school of thought really places emphasis on the vedas.
The bhakti tradition is folkloric religion which doesn't even have any relationship with the vedas.

Nah it's more like within India there are hundreds of small local religions that are related but not really the same. Outside of India we just group em all together and call it "Hinduism" which basically just means that it's from the Indus River area, but their beliefs and traditions vary from group to group.

No they're not

Is this kinda what European paganism would have looked like if it had survived?

No? Look to the Balts. It was essentially animism. Greco-Roman paganism was heavily influenced by MENA.

>Why shouldn't they?
because she was a monster

>suffering is good
>get millions to help poor and sick people you get high tier buildings with medicine
she insits that they are torn down to look like shitholes

>no medicine!!!! SUFFER only SUFFERING will heal you and bring you closer to god

She was a batshit crazy insane sadist

>their way of respecting their "sacred river" is to defecate and throw trash into it
But they don't
>Indians have fucking iron immune systems
Seriously?

>Why shouldn't they?

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

-Mother Teresa

Rats are.

Mice are nasty.

Rats are pretty damn smart, yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI

Like holy shit.

Why have Hinduism turned into such a shitfest then? Aren't they all part of the proto-Indo-European religion?

Did the Indo-European Vedic religion mix too much with the original Indian religions?

>But they don't

ranjit please

youtube.com/watch?v=17DE2krqQMg

I prefer animals based on their genetic success. Fuck lions and tigers, bring on the rats and crows.

That's disgusting

if your'e looking at genetic success the horseshoe crab blows them all out of the water

why is it a shitfest?

Why do you assume it's Indo-Aryan relgion that went to shit because of syncretism rather than European religion that turned out better?
In India they set themselves up as the segregated priestly caste and calcified their religion relatively quickly by writing their sacred text, in Europe the IEs freely mixed with paleoeuropeans, and did not write anything down until they got culturally colonized by the Near East and Greco-Roman cultural mongrels.

>calcified their religion extremely quickly.
yes, because the entire concept of the trimurti is PIE religion in nature.

Yeah actually I don't know, I actually like Hindu/Vedic philosophy and religion.

I just wanted to tag along with the anti-hindu sentiment here to get some decent info on the pre-Vedic and Vedic mixture into modern Hinduism

you should see It's a very sound philosophical argument that the people should make the best with their lot in life instead of playing the victim.

t.Christopher Hitchens

You need to understand Roman Catholic theology to understand her worldview. Catholicism teaches that when we suffer we emulate Christ who also suffered. Thus when you direct your suffering towards God it sanctifies and purifies you. You can use suffering/acts of piety to help people by making reparations for sins in a cosmic sense. loosely analogous to Buddhisms understanding that actions in this world effect other dimensions or Hinduisms system of Karma.

I don't care about the specifics nor am I claiming Indian religions haven't evolved, I'm saying that you would reasonably expect the Indian religions to be closer to the ancestral religions because of the antiquity and permanence of sacred texts that they all refer to, while Europeans had nothing but mixed tribal memories to go on and seem to have made little efforts to avoid "contamination" by non-IE people. Even after they adopted Phoenician letters, the mutability of early Roman religion for example is very noticeable, nevermind those people that didn't write until the early middle eages so we can only speculate at how it evolved by using comparative models and foreign sources.

the religion in india evolved over time. Even during the time of alexander's invasion Most of the Mahajanapadas were following far more original vedic rituals. Hell the first thing chandragupta maurya did after he became king was perform the ashwamedha which is a pretty old vedic tradition. Hinduism as we know it started to develop as a counter point to the buddhist movement especially as the later mauryas began patronizing buddhism more. By the time Ashoka was in power for example he still used vedic notations to refer to himself as emperor.