What's so bad about John Green?

What's so bad about John Green?

He's a normie.

Heis history videos are not entirely wrong, but some of them are.

He is based.

Nothing.

All his videos are historically accurate and have proper sources.

The only thing objectionable is his argument that women are cereal.

He says that using the term "the Great" after a man's name is muh soogy knee.

The incessant threads about him.

>All his videos are historically accurate and have proper sources.
Not at all. He's so retarded he doesn't know what a continent is.

>All his videos are historically accurate

Not true at all. He's biased and tries too hard to pretend both perspectives are as right as each other even when it's clear cut.

>I like to pay taxes
that's not based that's a spook

He plays into Liberal Revisionism and fucks up his facts to make oversimplified hipster sparknotes for plebs.

Now, A lot of people here, I think specifically have a problem with him defending aspects of Islamic Civilization and the Mongol Invasions.

YA author and vlogger does history of the world. What could possibly go wrong.

also

>hey wonderful people of the internet..-land for our next project we're gonna go over the entire history of philosophy! stay awesome! best wishes! john green! please like me!

oh no

>today we're talking about philosopher called Freedreich Nitzcheea, the father of moral relativism

kill me now

Literally every episode of crash course history is:
>"All Europeans are evil monsters, every other culture did absolutely nothing wrong"

Nothing is ever clear cut, go back to /pol/

I tried reading one of his YA books and likened the experience to psychological torture.

However, he seems like a really nice person. It was messed up when tumblr accused him of being a pedo just because he's a straight white male who, I dunno, respects women? So, basically no reason.

stirner is a meme

>STOP BEING YUROCENTRIST
>starts talking about how the white man ruined everything

He's babbies first history course and really shouldn't be watched outside of HS. Also his books are YA novella trash.

He's fine if you're in Middle School or High School and need to cram for some sort of test or are just generally interested in a very very broad scale history of something. But if you want actual history read a fucking book.

This.

>Itt: Drizzle

He speaks the truth when the world would prefer lies. Literally the greatest historian of our era.

you retards realize everything is done by his old history teacher right? This faggot is literally just reading a script, no need to attack him

memes are a meme... fag

>sources
actually, he doesn't have any for his actual explanations. quotes are sourced (usually from a translation) and that's it

Did you even read my post faggot?

>implying the (((modern public educational system))) produces anything but mindless worker drones

Which mean he either agrees with his teacher and reads the script, or doesn't but reads it anyway because he has no integrity, I don't know which is worse.

He's usually a good guy, he oversimplifies things so that normies can understand, but he doesn't act like a historian. A historian isn't biased, a historian would talk about the facts and leave his sense of morality out of it, realizing that only a mouthbreather would subject people that lived centuries or millenniums ago to MODREN MORALITY. It really shows that he or his history teacher that's pulling the strings, is in fact based.

Saying contradictory shit like
>The persian religion banned slavery
>The persians conquered nations and let them govern themselves and keep their own pantheon
>There's no slavery in the persian empire
Or
>We don't know much about persian societies
>Greeks treated women like second class citizens but the persians probably didn't so they're better

This is just from one episode. He's pandering to the masses when he talks about how westerners colonized and enslaved and didn't allow women to vote yada yada, but he doesn't appear to mention what went and still goes on in the Islamic world, or in the societies that were colonized, making it obvious he's fucking based.

Show integrity, talk about history honestly, give both sides of the argument light and if you're spewing your opinion make sure you mention it's your opinion and not fact.

>implying what we need instead is a bunch of pseudo philosophers with no intention of getting a job

>EUROPEANS ARE HATEFUL WARMONGER SLAVERS
>Arabs are good guys who invented shit
Hey John, what about Arab slave trade?
>crickets, wind blows, tumbleweeds roll in horixon

most glassable face USA

>wait for it...le mongols
Such a fucking forced meme, between this and him writing books for pre-teen girls, how does he not kill himself?

>how does he not kill himself?

I presume it might be the cushy money and tail at his disposable

Are his shitty books that happen to bo absolute unreadable schlock even by young adult standards also written by said teacher?

LOOK HOW COOL THOSE MONGOLS ARE