Why did Europeans and Africans create more realistic art compared to Asians and Amerindians?

Why did Europeans and Africans create more realistic art compared to Asians and Amerindians?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhist_art
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Greek_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages
differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/culture-miscellaneous/difference-between-egyptian-art-and-greek-art/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhist_art
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_sculpture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Asians valued the essence of the thing more than the realistic depiction.

Similar thing happened with impressionism and modernism in Western art.

What went wrong?

Absolutely nothing we'd

>1384
>medieval
Try again Christcuck

>african art
>realistic art or art at all

> implying this isn't the best piece of art you have ever seen
> implying asians dont actually look like this
> implying you havent seen an asian make this exact face

No but this is
>that kaomoji face

That looks cool, fuck off Hitler.

Theres plenty of reasons, but I think one of my belief is due to difference in perception and brain.

Asians excel in abstract field. They put emphasis on ideas and form of calligraphy. Why did Asians excel in philosophy and math? Abstraction.

Putin?

>Why did Asians excel in philosophy?
Compared to Europeans they didn't.

Depends, some of their sculpture looks pretty realistic

They had developed a solid framework for government, ethics, moral standards, common people, military manuals, etc during the warring states period.

Only Europeans of the time that could match them was the Greeks, however this too has bit of issue as the Shape of Ancient Thought highlights. With hard influence from Asia (India) bringing in the main ideas that permeated the pre-socratic Greeks and onward.

You mean all those statues designed by Greeks? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhist_art

As said, it's mostly due to cultural preference, asians are capable of making realistic sculpture, they just prefer more stylised form, it's also to note that many of the realist sculpture are created by buddhist sect/temples with eccentric beliefs

My examples are from Japan, what you refer to are only practiced in India

No. Read further, it went into China and by virtue of that Japan. All Buddhist art stylized depicting Buddha like
Is Greek in origin.

None of my examples are depiction of Buddha

Greeks were influenced by Egyptians. So We Wuz Africans.

and are wearing freaking togas dude.

>Greeks were influenced by Egyptians.
You're shitting me, right? Greek art was not influenced by Egyptians. Even if it was, it wouldn't matter. Influence is one thing, style is another.

All the Buddha statues are Greek in style. It's not about influence.

Humility is a Greek virtue taught by Socrates right? Why isn't there some in your post?

As a Greekophile, you should atleast understand your Greek properly before acting like a retard. Copying and modying a style vs being influence and learning from Egyptians. If you're being that petty, you have lost your sense.

Romans wore togas Romans had hardly any influence there.

You're the one buttblasted to find out your precious Asian Buddhist art is all Greek. Perhaps you should give the Greeks more credit instead of constantly trying to undermine their accomplishments? They really are as important as everyone says, if not more so.

Ever seen a buddhist monk?
Also the last depiction is more chinese than greco-Indian, Indian influenced sculpture have specific style and Indian influenced clothing

>being influence and learning from Egyptians.
You realize no Egyptian art looks like Greco-Roman art, right?

>we wuz everything

pathetic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Greek_Kingdom
Do you know anything about the Hellenistic era?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages
>In the history of Europe, the Middle Ages or Medieval Period lasted from the 5th to the 15th century.

You, neopagans, are a fucking cancer to the same level of SJWs.

Your anger is showing. No one claims Greek styles didn't influence Buddhist arts. But to say its "all Greek" is a great disservice to everyone involved in the process of creation, even the Greeks. If you want to say its all Greek, then by same logic, its all Egyptians. They were the origins of the realistic sculpture. Greeks have learned greatly from Egyptian sources. What the Greeks are to US, the Egyptians were to Greeks. Greeks studied Egyptian works and is documented thoroughly.

You should stop being blind to your own Greekophilia. Your arguments can work work if you only accept it goes both ways.

>No one claims Greek styles didn't influence Buddhist arts
You're trying but failing
>But to say its "all Greek" is a great disservice to everyone involved in the process of creation, even the Greeks.
Buddo, if I purposely created a show in a Japanese style like avatar the last air bender it's still called anime despite being made by the USA. The art is a Greek style. Just accept it.
> If you want to say its all Greek, then by same logic, its all Egyptians.
It isn't at all. Complete false equivalency. Despite your claims, Egypitan art is very different from Greek art and the Greeks really weren't too influenced by them from an artistic standpoint.
>They were the origins of the realistic sculpture.
Proof with citation? Every piece of Egyptian art i've seen pre-Greek conquest of Egypt looks nothing like the realistic and idealized style of the Greeks. Even if you can find something, i'd like proof it actually influenced the Greeks.
> Greeks have learned greatly from Egyptian sources.
So some people theorize. The proof isn't as strong as people assume.
>What the Greeks are to US, the Egyptians were to Greeks.
conjecture. Considering Mycenaean civilization and Minion civilization existed i'm gonna have to say no.
>Greeks studied Egyptian works and is documented thoroughly.
Besides Plato making some stuff up to give his story exotic flare I don't see Greeks studding

You realize what influence means? Greeks where hired as mercenaries by the egyptians, there they got to see their architecture and later implemented it in their cities

differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/culture-miscellaneous/difference-between-egyptian-art-and-greek-art/

Here you go, buddo. Meanwhile, the Buddhist art is 100% a Greek style.

There was an entire Greek dynasty in Egypt. Quite a of the Ancient Egyptian cities were named by Greeks when they were studying Ancient Egypt.

But you maybe right, maybe Greeks ignored Ancient Egyptian and Greeks influenced Egyptians instead. See image, Ancient Egyptian wearing Greek Toga.

We wuz Greeks n SHIET

>There was an entire Greek dynasty in Egypt.
The dynasty was formed AFTER the Greeks had conquered central Asia. Please pick up a history book.
>Quite a of the Ancient Egyptian cities were named by Greeks when they were studying Ancient Egypt.
Greeks founded those cities and lived in them. They didn't name them after studying in them as you purport.
>something something art
You realize that statue looks nothing like Greek art, right?

I agree, they look more like Egyptian, don't they?

So you don't know what influence means? You could just say it user, there's nothing to be ashamed of :) see when someone likes something they use some of the characteristics of that something into their own work but this time they put their own style in that way both things can have their own distinctive feel and still be related to each other! that's what influence means and that's the way art and science progresses throughout history, isn't it amazing!?

>this greekophile retard

k e k

Nice cherry picked photo. You see this? Not any fucking Egyptian style ever looked like this and I got it off the same site you did.
How fucking dense re you? Greek art was not influenced by fucking Egyptian art. end of discussion.
samefagging chink.

Man, I don't want to give any ammo to the idiot who claims Greeks owe everything to the Egyptians, but claiming that Greek art was not influenced by Egyptian art is just another brand of retardation. They had a long period where they purely copying Near Eastern and Egyptian art.

>Greek art was not influenced by fucking Egyptian art because I say so!!
Read a book sometime instead of shitposting user

And this Greek? Go kill yourself you fucking shitter. Your arbitrary standards are as flimsy as your argument.

>And this Greek?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhist_art

That's greek as hell, chinko.

>but claiming that Greek art was not influenced by Egyptian art is just another brand of retardation.
I know. The differences is that by the time you reach the Indo-Greek kingdom, the artistic style of the Greeks was original. It was this original style that the famous Buddhist statues emulate. Meanwhile he got all butthurt and tried to tie everything back to fucking Egypt.

>Near Eastern and Egyptian art.
Greece is practically the near east itself.

And you should note it was Greek craftsman who were designing and making these statues.

>and by virtue of that Japan
That's a stretch user quite reaching there.

Greco-Buddhist art is characterized by the strong idealistic realism and sensuous description of Hellenistic art and the first representations of the Buddha in human form, which have helped define the artistic (and particularly, sculptural) canon for Buddhist art throughout the Asian continent up to the present. It is also a strong example of cultural syncretism between eastern and western traditions.

The origins of Greco-Buddhist art are to be found in the Hellenistic Greco-Bactrian kingdom (250 BC- 130 BC), located in today’s Afghanistan, from which Hellenistic culture radiated into the Indian subcontinent with the establishment of the Indo-Greek kingdom (180 BC-10 BC). Under the Indo-Greeks and then the Kushans, the interaction of Greek and Buddhist culture flourished in the area of Gandhara, in today’s northern Pakistan, before spreading further into India, influencing the art of Mathura, and then the Hindu art of the Gupta empire, which was to extend to the rest of South-East Asia. The influence of Greco-Buddhist art also spread northward towards Central Asia, strongly affecting the art of the Tarim Basin, and ultimately the arts of China, Korea, and JAPAN.

because you're uneducated and don't know what you're talking about, both Chinese and Amerindian sculpture featured realistic carvings, statues, and depictions.

you're wewuzing pretty hard there m8

As the other user pointed out using this same criteria you can say the same about Egypt influencing their art. In the same way Greeks influenced Asians later.

>A striking change appears in Greek art of the seventh century B.C., the beginning of the Archaic period. The abstract geometric patterning that was dominant between about 1050 and 700 B.C. is supplanted in the seventh century by a more naturalistic style reflecting significant influence from the Near East and Egypt. Trading stations in the Levant and the Nile Delta, continuing Greek colonization in the east and west, as well as contact with eastern craftsmen, notably on Crete and Cyprus, inspired Greek artists to work in techniques as diverse as gem cutting, ivory carving, jewelry making, and metalworking (1989.281.49-.50). Eastern pictorial motifs were introduced—palmette and lotus compositions, animal hunts, and such composite beasts as griffins (part bird, part lion), sphinxes (part woman, part winged lion), and sirens (part woman, part bird). Greek artists rapidly assimilated foreign styles and motifs into new portrayals of their own myths and customs, thereby forging the foundations of Archaic and Classical Greek art.

This is a fucking mutilation of history. How can anyone read this shit and take it seriously?

Is the truth

It's very different. It was actual Greek craftsman who designed Buddhist statues, using Greek style.

proof with citation?

Author is J.M Roberts

Probably in India but I doubt there were Greek craftsmen in Japan.

That says nothing about these Greek mercenaries bringing back artistic designs, which was the subject in question. Not the fact Greek mercenaries fought in Egypt.

Yeah I'm looking for that part

Even if Greeks weren't in Japan, the human Buddha is a distinctly Greek style.

You don't even need to find it. Yes, Egyptian architecture influenced ancient Greece. I accept it.

That ass is completely square

Actually I couldn't find it (except for the mercenaries being in egypt thing), the only thing I could find was this "Only one great
integral contribution was made by Egyptian art to the future, the establishment
- for the delineation of the huge incised and painted figures on the
walls of tombs and temples - of the classical canons of proportion of the
human body. These were to pass through the Greeks, and European artists
would still be fascinated by them as late as Leonardo, although by then
the contribution was theoretical, not stylistic." So I must of made my own headcanon somehow, s-sorry about the misinformation user and Veeky Forums...I'll take notes the next time I read so it doesn't happen again

your opinion is forever worthless now.

You should just leave Veeky Forums and never come back.

Must I do everything

Asians and Amerindians, being genetically smarter, realised there is no point in just replicating things that already exist.

Hahahaha that looks shit

>That Chinese statue
>realistic

>Palenque
>Chinese

You retarded subhuman, autosomal DNA reveals natives are their own cathegory, there's literally the same difference between a youruba negro and an ancient egyptian

>and the Greeks really weren't too influenced by them from an artistic standpoint.

What a retarded amerifat, you haven't ever opened a book about art isitory, have you?

Archaic Greek statues were extremely influenced by Egyptian ones, and they started popping up in the places closest to Egypt such as Crete

God, you are so fucking cringy.

Use wikipedia before acting like an arrogant shit, you fucking angloturd.

I just know you're anglo because every European worth his name has studied art history and knows archaic Greek statuary was taken from Egypt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_sculpture

>Cherrypicked

Lol, that's what Greek archaic statues look like, the earliest ones AKA those heavily influenced by Egypt, without them there would be no other Greek statues later on.

Shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing yourself any further.

ameritard who took AP art history
this poster's right

I know you're samefagging because you're write the same autistic way. Besides getting a rise out of you, I admitted several times the obvious fact that Greek art was influenced by ancient egypt. The main crux of my argument (which you chose to ignore in favor of my Bantz) is that as opposed to Greeks modifying Egyptian styles on their own and improving upon them, Buddhist sculptures were first created by Greeks in an Asian Greek kingdom and the Indians kept the exact same style after the Greeks had left. Greek craftsmen in the flesh traveled to India to create those statues. The Indians gave this style to the Chinese, who gave it to the Japanese.

Yup you got me

essentially this.

They valued essence to the point there is not 1 realist painting?

>look a neopagancuck

>posts greek

Bumpan

What are you even talking about? OP said no realistic art in Asia and Americas, I posted an example of realistic art in the Americas. Idk how dna got into the conversation.

Redpill me then

Not really, I'm just the post with the pictures

Wither way that's not what you stated before, kys backpedaling retard.

>Wither way that's not what you stated before, kys backpedaling retard.
See and

gas yourself fucking shit

Lol

>How fucking dense re you? Greek art was not influenced by fucking Egyptian art.

He will never admit to the truth because he's so knee deep in his bullshit he can't see anything but his shit

I don't see what the problem is in admitting Egyptian and Near Eastern art influenced Greek art which in turn influenced East Asian art.

Europeans did not create "realistic" art
most of their sculptures and depictions of humans followed a formula meant to emulate what was seen as desirable
you only had slight aberrations of this such as Verism in Rome but idealism continued until the Realist movement in the late 1800's

this is the best thread on Nu Chan in a long time

all these retards took OP's bait. if it was a question about why africans are inferior it would all be genetics and blood haplo grouping and inferior culture but when the tables turns suddenly art is subjective and everyones equal.

classic Nu Chan.