How can muslims explain that some surah were clearly written for the personal interest of Muhammad and are clearly out...

How can muslims explain that some surah were clearly written for the personal interest of Muhammad and are clearly out of place in a book that pretends to be sacred?

>O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you.

This is just weird for me. The worst exemple being, of course, the mariage of Muhammad with Zaynab bint Jahsh, the wife of his adopted son.
>"Keep your wife and fear Allah," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished.

Other urls found in this thread:

islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=33&verse=37&to=40
islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=33&verse=56&to=58
wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Islamic_Silliness
youtube.com/watch?v=fJRVJwnhVzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

What's the link between quran and the torah?

The personal interest of the Prophet is the personal interest of Allah!

>crown
>crow wings
Yes thats totally Gabriel and not satan

I've asked muslims this and answers range from

>the quran can't have been made up by muhammad for his interests because if he just wanted to be king, the rulers of mecca offered to make him king if he stopped preaching his religion
so made up historically invalid nonsense
>the koran can't have been made up by muhammad for his benefit because muhammad had to struggle hard as God's messenger and could have lived an easy life
so nonsense that doesn't acknowledge that muhammad had more wives and power as leader of the dominant military force than he would have staying married to a 20+ years older woman

>God gives instructions about the prophet's life so that it can be an example to the muslims
which ignores that many of these convenient "revelations" are in extremely niche circumstances that aren't likely to occur again and are phrased specifically about the prophet, and some of them apply only to the prophet. for example there's a verse of the koran saying that only the prophet is allowed to have more than 4 wives. And another verse saying that the wives of the prophet are not allowed to remarry after his death, although in general it is allowed for women to remarry when their husbands die.

>muhammad is God's messenger so it's allowed that he gets some extra rewards from God
so considering the principle of equality under the law to be unimportant, ignoring the obvious motivation for muhammad to give himself privileges and have others agree to it because they think he's from god.

muslims have very extreme mental gymnastics used to avoid cognitive dissonance

islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=33&verse=37&to=40
islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=33&verse=56&to=58
Are you now content?

Can someone in this thread please explain to me the difference between Hadith and Sunnah? I always found it difficult to tell them apart, and if you try and google it you get a variety of (sometimes conflicting) answers.

It seems like poor justifications for what is understandable to everyone.

Religion mang! Ain't gonna explain shieeet!

Looks more like a fucking buddhist monk from China.

>robe
>headpiece
Ever watched Journey to the west or read any? That hat/crown is worn by Xuanzang.

It was the best way to break the traditionnal idea that adoption did not alter familly links, as God wanted us to define filliation purely by genetic.

There may also be some other reasons, God only know.

Coran is the sacred book that we regard as the words of God, hadiths are a compilation of stories about Muhammad, classified from authentic to doubful.

I personally interpret those parts of the Quran being in by God to teach a lesson though the prophet's life

>first quote
Good manners.
>second quote
In Islam, marriage is a voluntary contract between two people; something which is for the advantage of both. Zaynab was deeply in love with the Prophet. Why should she remain in an unhappy marriage? Should she not be able to marry someone she loves if her husband agrees to divorce her?

The Koran has many of the same stories as the Torah, but a lot of the details are different. For example, the story of Adam and Eve is in there, but Eve isn't even named.

This is also somewhat true of the New Testament.

Oh no I get that Hadith are compiled stories about Muhammed, but what are the Sunnah?

You forgot the verse where God permits Muhammad to eat food that his wife complained made his breath stink

"Sunnah" just means the "traditions (of Muhammad)." Different Islamic scholars had different methods for trying to determine his Sunnah, i.e. observing what the traditions of the people of Madinah did.

wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Islamic_Silliness

the guy was clearly insane

The Sunnah is all the hadiths. A sunnah is a non-obligatory tradition that we took from the behaviour of Muhammed.

So you'll believe everything the guy says who is having epileptic fits in the caves of Arabia saying angels talk to him, but you draw the line where he claims the angels say he is entitled to special treatment?

youtube.com/watch?v=fJRVJwnhVzI

Cognitive Dissonance

Daily Reminder to call them Mohammadans, as 85% of the sunnah, hadith, and quran are about Mohammad, not allah, and not islam.

It's a story, and if the story says it is Gabriel, then it is Gabriel. This is the same kind of shit as when Muslims say that Jesus was a Muslim. When considering the accounts of a religious book, there is only the context of the time the book was written in, not the context of other religions.

It couldn't possibly be satan lying about his name, no. That would be unheard of.

Oh, wait. satan told Joe Smith his name was Moroni.

Daily Reminder to call (((Christians))) Jesuits, as 100% of their Gospels are about the false Messiah Jesus and his heretical followers, not the Christ (who is yet to come).

But Muhammed wasn`t epileptic. Epileptic fits usually multiple during life

That's called the Second Coming, genius.

And I'm telling you, you pea-brained product of ignorance, that your delusional fan-fictions contribute nothing of substance or meaning to the discussion of religions. I understand that, to your shriveled mind without the capacity of critical thought, all other religions were founded by the Devil, Catholics worship Mary, and the Emperor of Japan fornicates with an actual, physical demon; I'm saying that your opinion is retarded and doesn't matter.

On you logic, angel that said Maria about Jesus, maight by Satan too. And this art was created not Muhammed itself