The new Ubisoft game is called "Assassin's Creed Origins" and it is set in ancient Egypt

The new Ubisoft game is called "Assassin's Creed Origins" and it is set in ancient Egypt.

The funny thing is that
1. Assassin is word that did not exist until Shakespeare's time
2. The word's Arabic origins did not come into existence any earlier than 600 AD which is way past the time of the game's setting.

And yet despite this you can bet that "Assassin" will be said very often in the game.

Hey. Hey everyone. There's this game, and it's set in a particular time. Now get this. Something is anachronistic and strange. Can you believe that shit?

Following that logic, the character's shouldn't even be speaking english.

Out of all the legitimate gripes, you had to pick the one thing that could he handwaved away by the fact that they obviously aren't speaking English and so the dialogue is obviously meant to be an approximation.

Do you have an IQ of like 2?

>At least one Asscreed thread up on here at all times for the last 3 days
Is this viral marketing?

>Animus
>fucking Aliens

But you have a problem with Assassins being used in an incorrect time period?

>I belong to the secret order of people who commit stealthy murder!

It could be but 90% of us shit on Jewbisoft so I doubt it.

By game logic Animus auto-translates everything

Uh yea, they'll also probably speak english. What's the big deal op?

I'm pretty sure English as a language didn't exist in Ptolemic Egypt either.

It's just a game you literal autist.

I am more bothered by the lore behind it all.
The abrahamic apple of eden seem to be some sort of all powerful relic everybody wants, including a bunch of ROMAN gods who always appear to be conspiring for it and now this will all take place in ancient Egypt were they believed in neither

Technically it's not abrahamic since it revolves around ancient aliens.

The gods are supposed to be ancient aliens, not actual Roman gods. Still retarded though.

such things don't matter when you design with marxism

Well that only makes it more retarded

Hurr durr I just only read the summary of a game's setting but already thinks it's retarded

is the game historically accurate? the main character is a black man, right?

>ancient aliens in a historical game
How is that not retarded?

I like Marx. wtf is this pic trying to say.

AC was never a strictly historical game, it may use historical settings but that's about it, everything else is either fiction or fictionalized history.

It's a game about jumping ninja killers ffs

Yeah and the ancient Greeks didnt call themselves Greeks or use the word Greek but its in games and films of the time because THEYRE IN THE FUCKING ENGLISH LANGUAGE

First one is still the best one. Followed by the ottoman one.

If you followed lore just a little bit, you would know Assassin's Creed doesn't tend to be a historical documentary.

In AC universe assassin and templar conflict is as old as story of Cain and Abel

There's still that floating 10%.

dumb /v/ poster

In the games lore, assassins and the knights templar have existed since the creation of earth or some shit.

What bothers me is that its set during Ptolemaic Egypt when there are so many better time periods to set it in.

I'm desperate for a game during the bronze age collapse and the sea peoples invasion, its such a good setting yet nobody ever uses it

Beat one was the Ezio trilogy it went to dogshit after that

>complaining about pop culture representations of history

Honestly, what is the fucking point? They aren't made to be historically accurate, they're made to entertain and make money.

>ancient Egypt
>roman times

Of all the blatant historical inaccuracies this game is guaranteed to be filled with and you choose to go after something as stupid as a word that's in the series' title?

>1. Assassin is word that did not exist until Shakespeare's time
They didn't speak English either you dumbass

The ancient times ended when the WRE fell.

Assassins come from a province in northwest Iran anyway

What's your point ?
That games should be historically accurate ?

The Antiquity ended when the WRE fell but ancient Egypt ended after being conquered by the greeks.

Not really aliens, just big humans who created smaller versions of themselves for menial labor instead of inventing vehicles.

Why greeks and not persians or assyrians.

The Assassins in AC were always based off the Hashinshin who were a Persian order of Islamic Assassins.

Because under persian and assyrian rule the culture in egypt diidnt change that much, the greeks on the other hand installed their own rulers and tried to link the egyptian culture with the greek one.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Antiquity ended in Western Europe with the fall of WRE/Rome. Antiquity ended in Western Asia with the fall of Persia and the rise of Islam.

You can say independent Egypt ended with the rise of Persia during the Achaemenids. Outside of a few rebellions and trying to reinstall native Egyptians as returning Pharaohs, Egypt would then always be under foreign role.

>Persians
>Greeks/Macedonians
>Ptolemy dynasty
>Roman Republic/Empire
>Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire
>Sassanid Persian Empire
>Arab Caliphates (Rashidun/Umayyad/Abassids)
>Turks
Etc...

of all the things wrong with that game series historically, thats what you choose to shitpost about?

Okay, so it translates some Edgyptian word into Assassin, which would make sense in-game. Checkmate.

It's probably the Apple of Discord.

sicarius creed.

In the Assassin's Creed universe humans were a slave caste in some prehistoric alien culture. The garden of Eden in this universe was a literal spaceship, and the apple was its power core.

I'm more concerned by the anachronist use of time. Ubisoft apparently unaware of how old Egypt was. I am also very skeptical of the gold cap on the Giza pyramid surviving into the Ptolemaic period.