Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

>do unto others as you would have them do unto you
But why?

because if you don't YHVH is going to force you to eat your own children

what goes around comes around

Karma doesn't exist.

feels good man

Because it is good to experience the world, and to allow others to experience it without either imposing upon one another, and that doctrine is a central component of that.

>and to allow others to experience it without either imposing upon one another
Why?

>>>/kindergarten/

Because herd morality has subverted master morality and is being force feed to the youth.

No convincing argument was given then either.

who said anything about karma?

And if the Nazis had superior force it wouldn't have come around.
It's only incentive to follow the rule when situation makes it likely for it to "come around".

Because it encourages one to attempt being empathetic by bootstrapping it through a selfish lens.
At the very least it should encourage one to see others as fellow humans with thoughts and feelings of their own just like one's self and thus find it harder to not mistreat others.

>by bootstrapping it through a selfish lens
But it falls apart if you think about it for more than a second.
>and thus find it harder to not mistreat others.
How does that follow?

because being nice to other people has potentiality in increasing your security behind other people in a time of danger or crisis/prevents them from backstabbing you

you really don't have to be a submissive yesman to practice such a doctrine and gain people's respect, and obviously it doesn't matter in cases where you can identify the outcomes of your interactions as non-consequential

Because if you fuck with people you are likely to get fucked back

What confuses you about reaching a state of peace, harmony between people so we don't steal, hurt, or kill each other?

But that's not true in many situations.

Do unto others before they do unto you

>falls apart
explain
>How does that follow?
If you see another person as someone like you as opposed to something inanimate or lesser then it is harder to do harm to them, assuming you are not severely unempathetic.

There's not much selfish reason to do unto others because in many cases your behavior isn't related to how others treat you.

The selfish reason is avoiding bad feels.

>if the Nazis had superior force it wouldn't have come around.
they thought they had superior force, turns out you can't always tell

>love your neighbor as you love yourself
>Most people hate themselves

Gee who would have thought that Germany and the Italian LARPing as Caesar weren't a superior force against France, England, and the USSR whom Germany was going to """intelligently""" break their non-aggression pact with?
You're right though. No one can see these things coming.

It doesn't feel good or pay off emotionally to be an asshole your entire life.

>But why?

You shouldn't, its one of YHWHs unjust laws.

If you do unto others what you want them to do to you, you will inmediately giv money to a rich man, because you'd love to be rich and still have people hand you money.

>be extreme sexual deviant
>rape and kidnap others for sexual purposes
>mfw still perfectly moral according to Jesus

all you have to do is believe, rapture comes for saint and sinner alike

Best answer in the thread, and coincidentally the only one op avoided like the fag he is.

Because that's how the world works honey now go to bed.

I don't want to worry you OP, but this is not something that someone should have to explain to you. Not understanding why treating others badly is bad, is a sign for being either an autist or a psychopath. Most people want to be treated well, and like treating others well in return.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is you just basic information: If i hit someone, i'm more likely to get hit by them in return; if i treat someone well, i'm more likely to be treated well in return; etc.

If you're going to justify it with selfish reasons why not use more selfish rule like "do what you can get away with" or something?

So stupid people can adhere to a concept without fully understanding it.

It's a poetic expression of the principle: "don't treat other people badly", so it's a lesser waste of time to just skip the crap and look directly at that statement.

Don't treat other people badly because people bear grudges and everybody grudging on everybody else is bad.

If everybody treats each other right, they can all band together against the minority that try to treat them badly, and the number of people being treated badly is minimised.

Thus, the probability that you will be treated badly is minimised, and so is the probability that those you care about will be.

I think it is a thought with a good intention, but some consequences of it arenĀ“t good. For example if you want that others kill you, then you can kill others untill the police kills you.

It's not obvious that treating others well minimizes your probability of being treated badly in practice.

Doesn't necesary imply karma
If I fuck my friend sister and i kinda want to even if I know he would get angry , he could do a revenge at me by kicking my ass or fucking my sister. So its better to not to fuck his sister and avoid the bad deeds we could commit at eachother

Society would fall apart if people weren't considerate for each other.

mutual empathy is the best way forward for a just and verdant world

Society won't fall apart if I behave badly to my advantage.

It would if everybody started acting like you.

But they won't.

This.

What's stopping them, aside from the Golden Rule? You're practicing a strangely short-sighted view of morality.

I don't know what' stopping them.
I don't see how golden rule is convincing on individual level.

under fear that they do onto you

then we will invent it for your sake

hindsight 20/20

I stone every faggot and should I ever turn gay I wish to be stoned in return.

What now? Am I being morally good?

the fear of consequences is stopping them

Alternately, you can treat people well to increase your social links, not only will that allow you to gain people that will help you survive (give food when starving, shelter when in dire straits, protect you against threats by numbers, etc), but also increase the number of suitable mates that you can choose from.

there's an evolutionary imperative in not treating people like shit

minimize enemies; maximize friends

Because I'll kick your ass if you don't, nerd

>defending this

Actually,I'm celebrating it

>But why?

Being nice to others feels nice.

Being nice to others encourages them to be nice to us.

Being nice to others presents us in a favorable light to potential partners.

Being nice to others cultivates our inner virtue.

Being nice to others is necessary to avoid being thrown into a fiery pit by your loving "father".

Take your pick. Also I prefer the Silver Rule:
>Do not do to others anything that you would find hateful were it to be done to you

dindu nuffin

Or you could fuck each other's sister and become real bros.

What about a sadist in a relationship with a masochist?
The sadist doesn't want the things he does to the masochist to be done to him, but the masochist does want it.

They both want the same thing: Sexual release. The specific differ but they share a common goal they can "do unto" one another.

I'm more concerned with how this is supposed to mesh with "One man's meat is another man's poison."

one mans meat can be another another mans dildo

>without imposing upon one another
Why does this childish garbage get touted in every thread?

You also have to repent, or else rapture will mean an eternity of punishment for you.

>do unto others as you would have them do unto you
I have a feltish where I like to take a nail gun and shoot it into my ass cheeks. therefore it is moral to shoot other people in the ass with a nail gun.

it's assumed that normal people are deciding how they themselves would wish to be treated by strangers

Because when you live by the Golden Rule you make life on Earth more like Heaven; and when you don't you make it more like Hell.

still though, logically sound, and applies 100% to the maxim, no?

or is it not to be taken as a universal?

Rather rule in hell.

until you get your shit pushed in by satan

There are people who would rather have everyone suffer, burn and live in agony- so long as they're in charge...

>When you're not sure whether to laugh from the sheer insanity of it, or break down crying.

>do unto others as they would do unto you

I don't get how the bodies are burnt to a crisp but the clothes they were wearing are still intact. How does that work?

So if I buttfuck myself with a dragondildo to massage my prostate gland, I should do it to you too right?

which life would you be prouder of living: the dictator of some shithole who doesnt even have the means to live in luxury but works constantly to protect his country from western imperialists or that of a heroine addict living in a contant state of boring pleasure?

Is that a promise?

The heat radiating off of the constant fires made ordinary places outside the flames hot enough to kill off people, yet not warm enough to make materials combust.

>he thinks he'll rule in hell

>How dumb would you have to believe in something like that?

no, that would be doing unto others as you do unto yourself

which one of those is "ruling in hell" through? the dictator isn't ruling because he's reacting against a more powerful entity and sacrificing himself for the sake of his nation whereas the heroine addict is beholden to nothing but his own appetite.

I love myself above all others even though I've done nothing to deserve it.

Because otherwise you're a hypocrite.

How? Does smashing bugs but not wanting to be smashed make you a hypocrite?

that's also a virtue isn't it?

Any selfish person truly looking to establish personal connections solely for their own benefit would be smart enough not to say that they "do what they can get away with doing." It comes off as overtly selfish and maybe even reckless, so even if you choose to ACT in such a way it would at least be more beneficial to lie and SAY that you "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" because it sounds more attractive and benevolent to the average person.

It still doesn't make much sense to stop at only doing "what you can get away with." In situations where you're not burdened by the act of helping others, I don't see why you wouldn't choose to do so. The reason is simply because goodness is good and better than no good at all when both can be possible outcomes with the same effort.

>ctrl-f "Kant"
>0 results

pseud thread

To add to the last bit, the reason is because I would rather be surrounded by happy people, because they might be more likely to advance conversation or discussion in something productive, i.e. provide potential knowledge and benefit for you

The opposite case is when people around you sit and complain about everything all the time, i.e. doing nothing for your potential gain.

>question was answered
>i will ask why again, like that makes any sense

Old anti s&m culture jive probably

No.

also no, others do not necessarily want done unto them that which you do unto yourself, herein lies the problem

Because law is the best alignment, chaospleb.

DO IT AGAIN, B-BOY HARRIS

Source on pic?

>I need someone to tell me what to do

If your friend can't except that his sister can have sex with whoever she wants that's his issue not yours.