Austerity caused the fall of the Weimer Republic, NOT hyperinflation

Hyperinflation occurred in the Weimer Republic between 1921 and 1924 when the government printed money to pay off their World War 1 denbts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

After that, the Germany economy was propped up by loans from the USA from the Dawes plan (1924) and Young's Plan (1929).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawes_Plan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Plan

Everything was fine and dandy until in 1929, when the American stock market crashed and the Great Depression began, which severely affected Germany's ability to pay back their loans.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic#Onset_of_the_Great_Depression

This motivated Heinrich Bruning to implement austerity measures in the Weimer Republic by cutting public funding and unemployment welfare.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic#Br.C3.BCning.27s_policy_of_deflation_.281930.E2.80.931932.29

This basically caused deflation and depression in the economy as people's wages, pensions and welfare were cut, and subsequently most businesses collapsed.

And then in 1932, the Nazis came to power and the rest is history.

So why do the Germans promote this myth that "hyperinflation" caused the Weimer Republic to collapse, when it was clearly draconian Austerity policies?

Also why Europe is making the same mistake again by implementing austerity?

Do they like WANT another Hitler to come to power or something?

Also, why the FUCK is this not discussed in economics books? Why is it "still under debate"?

>PS: Mods, I'm asking this question on Veeky Forums instead of Veeky Forums because over there all the threads are practically cryptocurrency spam, and any discussion of economics is essentially saged or hidden.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic#Aftermath
newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/research/2016/rp160809
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Also why Europe is making the same mistake again by implementing austerity?

What else to do when you don't have money for dem programs? Pay it with money you don't have? Steal the money, Reich style?

You have to pay for all those "Peaceful Refugees" somehow.

How are they going to pay back their debts if the people don't have enough money to spend because most businesses are not hiring which is precisely because people don't have enough money to buy from these businesses?

>So why do the Germans promote this myth that "hyperinflation" caused the Weimer Republic to collapse, when it was clearly draconian Austerity policies?
I don't think they do.

Everything you said is common knowledge. But most Stormfags know very little about history in general that's why they push this "Hitler saved Germany from hyperinflation nonsense".

For them Weimar Republic = hyperinflation, degeneracy, communists, poverty.

They don't know about Rapallo, Stresemann, Locarno, and so on. A lot of them think that the Nazis introduced a new currency called Reichsmark (it happened in 1924) or that Hitler abolished loan interests.

Stormafags know less about Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany than most kids from middle school.

>I don't think they do.

But this view is essentially promoted by the top European elite in the ECB and government.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic#Aftermath

They honestly believe that Austerity will bring back economic growth by inducing fiscal responsibility!

If you don´t have reserves, or diplomatic ability to soften the loans, then hardly. Tightening the belts at best, declaring bancrupcy at worst.

Where are you going to get money for dem programs, though? By taking even more loans?

Its political suicide to cut gibs when there is a depression and high unemployment.

What do you expect the people to do? Just roll over and accept reduced wages and 50% unemployment?

>So why do the Germans promote this myth that "hyperinflation" caused the Weimer Republic to collapse, when it was clearly draconian Austerity policies?
Literally no one ever said that. I'm german btw.
>Do they like WANT another Hitler to come to power or something?
Are you serious? The political, economic and social context during the Weimar Republic can't be compared to today.
You first have to prove a direct causality between austerity politics and the election of a new hitler. Good luck with that

You are completely leaving out the political situation. Hitler's promotion as a chancellor by Hindenburg wasn't a direct result of the depression

What else to do when you cant afford the welfare? When a person goes in debt he cuts down on his lifestyle. By not doing so, he risks getting executor´d.

What about the 50% unemployment? You're completely fine having millions of high testosterone men out on the street with no job?

>Also why Europe is making the same mistake again by implementing austerity?
Next thing you tell me that the invasion/regime changes of ~20 muslim countries in the past 16 years was a "mistake"
There are no mistakes, the interests of the elites are parallel to the interests of the people. The elites of course like to paint everything as a mistake and not show their evil intents.
>How are they going to pay back their debts
The reality is that piss poor refugees are richer than european/american citizens because the latter have a negative wealth balance. Almost every American has an insane debt attached to him that he will never pay off.
>Stormafags know less about Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany than most kids from middle school
You are too naive
Stormfags know more about the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany than 99.9% of the population because almost everyone is completely illiterate when it comes to history, you've probably surrounded yourself with people that read books and forgot that the general population can't even tell where for example Hungary is, let alone what side they were in the WW2, try holding a conversation outside of your echo chamber if you're not scared of facing stupidity first hand.

>Are you serious? The political, economic and social context during the Weimar Republic can't be compared to today.

Let me see....

>high youth unemployment in the Eurozone except for Germany

Check.

>declining wages with respect to inflation

Check.

>loss of market share to China and other developing countries

Check.

>collapse of the bond market when interest rates rise, causing pension funds to devalue

In progress.

30 at peak, when talking about Weimar, but it´s not like the rest of the world was substantially better

But again what is an alternative to lack of money, other than poverty? Selling, borrowing, stealing?

>The reality is that piss poor refugees are richer than european/american citizens because the latter have a negative wealth balance. Almost every American has an insane debt attached to him that he will never pay off.

Interesting observation. I've never actually thought of it this way.

But sorry man, I still gotta do this

>[citation needed]

Just admit what you're too afraid to say.

It would be economically preferable that millions of people in debt that can never be paid back just kill themselves. I mean sure, creditors would lose their money, but in their POV, those loans were never going to be paid off anyway.

Learn what capitalism and unemployment is
Also research at how automated real jobs are nowdays and how many useless jobs are out there.
The truth is that humans as a collective are insanely overworking.

This is a two sided coin because to make the world better you'll have to a) make everyone work much less (really inefficient) or b) give gibs to the majority of the population (which is a dead end since the workers would want to be leeches too)
This system is really sad because capitalists are inventing useless jobs that contribute to nothing (e.g. universities that teach useless stuff with the students later being qualified to only teach the same useless stuff to other generations) to gather even more wealth and even that is not enough to remove unemployment.
Unemployment itself isn't the real problem, you can say that the amount of jobs is really limited and we don't really need more of them, so the problem is deciding what portion of the population gets the job and what portion gets to live free
I think the solution (in a fantasy world) is simple: reduce the pension age by a lot, from my perspective the elderly that have already worked a decent amount are the most entitled to recieve benefits

Because the globalist finance class loves austerity and imposing it on nations that are on shaky ground financially so their technocrats have more control over the country's economy (and thus the country itself) so promoting the idea that austerity is a bad thing is haram.

newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/research/2016/rp160809
U.S. households have $12.3 trillion in debt

Yeah I already know that most in the US are neck deep in denbts.

But where do you get these assertions that refugees have less debt and more disposable income?

Their closest relatives (no matter how distant) would be found and would be the ones responsible
One of them might be you

Gee, it's like the creditors were super hard on Germany and never let some of the debt go, there were totally no plans to help Germans.

When you are in debt, you are supposed to cut down on your lifestyle or maintain some fucking reserves in the first place.

>but in their POV, those loans were never going to be paid off anyway.
Makes sense senpai. People love to lose their money...

And again what is your solution? Some magic trick? Banning money and establishing global luxury communism?

Then I'll just kms too. No biggie.

I'm a nihilist anyway. So it would give me the perfect excuse.

>this thread
I think it's just a better idea to play with the hand of cards we were dealt with
Trying to change the system is a dumb idea in it's roots

>I'm a nihilist
filtered

>Makes sense senpai. People love to lose their money...

I meant they were BAD investments from a creditor's POV.

Not every investment is a resounding success.

Investors should be prepared to make losses.

So the creditors done fucked up when they gave out loans to people who can never pay it back.

>So the creditors done fucked up when they gave out loans to people who can never pay it back
That depends which ones you mean, some of them were meant as help, some of them were reparations.

>Investors should be prepared to make losses.
There's the bancrupcy thing, when this happens.

>muh reparations

Were the allied powers really that retarded expecting gibs from a collapsed economy?

I don't understand the point of giving loans to people who can never pay them back.

>Were the allied powers really that retarded expecting gibs from a collapsed economy?
No, that's why they often withdrew their demands

>I don't understand the point of giving loans to people who can never pay them back.
It was a plan to help Germany. Those loans were softer.

>austerity
>spending so much money they need to print shitloads to the point of hyperinflation

bump for more interest

Bump this question has not been answered yet

No. Howa easy is to create a company?

Anyone?