Could they have developed to Mesoamerican and Andean levels of civilization...

Could they have developed to Mesoamerican and Andean levels of civilization? Seems they just had a late start to the party.

Is this Cahokia? Cahokia is cool as hell, I wish they had reached a similar level as Mesoamerica. I think part of it is that Aztecs and Mayas came to be in an already urbanized region with lots of neighbors, whereas the Mound Builders were sort of isolated. I know they've traded with mesoamerica and the eastern and northern tribes, but no one close to them was quite on their level.

Also yeah they did domesticate maize quite a bit later than mesoamerica

Sure, if they weren't wiped out by some crazy happening. Probably flooding.

There are some super interesting mounds shaped like giant animals, I dont remember the name of the site.

Yea most of them are Cahokia, but I was also referring to the Mississippians and Mound builders in general.

Real life is not a game, no such thing as late start.

You know, rumor has it that they did migrated from mesoamerica during the rise of the Mayans.

>Real life is not a game, no such thing as late start.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>There are thousands if not millions of culture that never got the chance to evolve or expandbefore being wiped out
>There are cultures you'll never be able to study or ever experience

Is this what suffering feels like? Because it's really shitty

What would a modernized Aztec and Inca empire/nation look like?

You're thinking of the Great Serpent Mound in Ohio.

Sadly, the only thing we can do is LARP on whatever we have available. Today's "tribes" are still doing it.

Presumably there would have been a couple more cycles of collapse and rebirth before you got to steelworking and paper presses and all that shit.

And just to add: I really hate to sound like /pol/, but I honestly think nothing valued was lost.

It's a shame they were Mad Maxed by a cocktail of Eurasian diseases before we got a good look at them.

Literally one of the stages of human development we know the least about.

No idea what pol sounds like, but you read like an idiot.

The Mississippian Culture disappeared by 1300. Or are you referring to Indians as a whole?

I mean sounding like a /pol/fag, and what do you mean I "read like an idiot"?

Yeah, specifically the settled ones along the Eastern Coast.

Supposedly there may have been some deep in the Amazon too but that's obviously controversial.

It's controversial, because it was at first regarded as fairy tales written during Orellanas trip in the amazon, no one else saw what his expedition saw so they wrote it off. But he was among the first explorers and only until recently has there been archeology to back up what he wrote.

Actually a lot them already were. The ancient puebloan people had thriving societies. In fact, its believed that in the south west, particularly in the four corners that they had a greater population density then they do now.

Saying that a lost culture has no value is pretty damn dumb dude

Incas were superior to europeans.

i get that the post you replied to is bullshit, but what you said is objectively false. The only things Incas were possibly superior at to Europeans of the time were the construction of earthquake-proof buildings and dealing with agriculture in mountainous areas.

Stone masonry too.

Except that their greatest strictures were built by a civilization that predated them and they thought were gods

Hahahaha
>empires with cities that rivaled anything Europe had at the time
>long recorded history (in th case of the Mexica) all destroyed
>lost languages
>nothing of value was lost

lol you're too far gone

Looks comfy af to 2bh

Amerindians arrived america 15k years later europeans settled on Europe

Define "europeans"