Virtual reality is the solution to all our problems

Full virtual reality which sends the signals directly to our brains via neural connections will make the real world a shitty obsolete place to live.
Your real life and body will become irrelevant.
All we have to do is wait till it comes out then, we can say goodbye to all our problems.
Wait it out robots.

See you in virtual heaven, m8

This idea scares me and I'm not sure if it's because I'm simply not used to it or if it's because the whole thing is a lotus eater thing.

You'd still need to eat senpai, and maintain your biological body.

Now if you mean eventually digitize/cyberize your brain and then just spend the rest of human civilization (Either until the sun destroys Earth or heat death of the universe) in virtual heaven, sounds dank. I've heard that the Casimir effect means you could technically always have a gradient to operate a computer even beyond heat death of the universe so I guess you might be onto something.

The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willin' to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet somethin' I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say: 'O.K., I'll be part of this world.'

Just rig up an IV drip and have some nurse robots massage your muscles so you don't turn into a spooky skeleton.
People in a coma have survived for decades before waking up again.

>spiraling further into the illusion

Virtual reality is a powerful devil. If modern governments are so eager to piss in the stream of the most generous flow of information to exist in this world (the internet), imagine what they'll do to a VR machine capable of containing a world-complete simulation.

You wake up and cry. You're a slave to American forces for years and years until a Chinese spec ops groups frees you from slavery. Unfortunately they err and shoot you.

You wake and cry. You're a slave to Americans, in almost caricaturist cruelty. A Chinese resistance fighter shoots your owner and introduces you to the wonders of freedom beyond slavery. You eagerly sign up. Americans capture you, again, during a mission and sodomize you for days until your rectum gets infected with gangrene.

You wake up and cry. Instead of cruel Americans, a Chinese couple raises you with all the care and tenderness that epitomizes love. One day during your teens, you come back only to find the body of your father and some dirty half-black half-mexican American raping your mother. You stop him but his buddy comes back to the room and shoots you.

You wake up in the real world knowing who the true monsters of the world are.

It's the perfect indoctrination machine.

Literally obito uchiha

>when life sucks so much you want the blue pill
I hope I never deteriorate as much as you

/Thread

I could see a vr virus purposely made to turn eternal bliss into eternal pain and suffering. The thought alone stops me from imagining vr as the solution.

So you're not human? Because everyone's life would better if moved in a fake world (that is not fake from your perspective). There are no exceptions.

>inb4 b-but actual reality is REAL

You clearly haven't thought enough about this subject.

Just because your life sucks doesn't mean mine does

That's not the point. The point is there's no ceiling to happiness.

with enough processing power the computer could slow time down to infinitely small pieces meaning you have total immortality

>I've heard that the Casimir effect means you could technically always have a gradient to operate a computer even beyond heat death of the universe so I guess you might be onto something.
If that's the case it's 100% chance of it having already happened. You can't possibly have such a belief and think the material universe was a one time event, we happen to be here and only have one shot of living in a virtual reality for ever because of the casmir effect.

>infinitely small pieces
It could last forever or just give the illusion of lasting forever? There is a difference.

i mean it digitizes your brain and runs it so fast that a short time irl is an eternity from your experience

If the illusion is convincing there is no difference