What were the Axis powers ideologically fighting for?

What were the Axis powers ideologically fighting for?

Nationalism for their nations and subjugation of their enemies.

Ironically, freedom.

gibsmedats.

Their own short term goals.

They were not ideologically unified, they were politically unified.

the japanese were fighting for freedom?

???

Romania atleast, was fighting to get back it's land and because of fascistboos.

Not that user, but

Both Italy and Germany were (relative) new kids on the block and both had a chip on their collective shoulder. Germans were on the up-and-up pre WWI and felt like they had a right to splerg all over the continent like some Atillaesque manifest destiny, and the Italians were egocentric greedy snakes that felt they were cheated out of their rightful Roman LARP.

Japs were basically resource deprived and felt confined to their home islands even though they were aggressively westernizing (which include EMPIRE!). The Japanese Empire post-restoration was a new beast alltogether.

So the Germans Italians and Japanese were all trying to break out of an already occupied Anglo-American-French world.

So unironically; Freedom - albeit of a batshit insane variety.

Cross reference with WWI where a unified Germany threatened the hegemony of the Anglo and French empires in Europe and across the globe.

This.
And maybe shared animosity of Britain and/or the Soviet Union.

lost

sides entered orbit

Freedom from international Jewry.

Ah yes, freedom from international Jewry, by subjugating the rest of the world under a German dictator

If the Germans had won the guerrila warfare that would've ensued would've made Vietnam look peaceful.

>subjecting the world under Jewish finance and American military hegemony is different from subjecting the world under a German hegemony.

>subjecting the world under Jewish finance and American military hegemony
The former is laughable so I won't even respond to it while the latter is a direct consequence of the second world war and would not have happened if the US weren't pushed out of isolationism during the war. And please, American hegemony isn't comparable to what Nazi Germany had in store had they been victorious.

Land and resources

The freedom to have good times in Nanking

>Hey so, Hungary buddied up with us and we've decided fuck Trianon so give us Transylvania
>Sure thing Germany, let's team up too
Are Romanians fucking retarded?

true

i don't get all the non-argument replies you've gotten

>The former is laughable so I won't even respond to it
That's one way to avoid facing reality.

You're right, it was freedom for a few japs and krauts.

>Nazis claim slavs are subhumans
>Have "alliance" with nominally independent slavic states, e.g. Slovakia

I don't get the mental gymnastics they used to justify this. Could somebody explain? Also:

>be nominally independent Slavic nation, e.g. Slovakia
>have "alliance" with a state that openly considers you subhuman

of course everyone knew it was really a military occupation, but what was the excuse they used?

White supremacy

I always wondered why he didn't just give it to Hungary to satisfy their own autism

Sounds way better desu

underrated post

They claimed West Slavs were "slavicised Germanics".

That doesn't explain South Slavs. Also, Poles are West Slavs, and they were openly considered Untermenschen.

>tfw brainlet
I have many questions.
what's the one between italy and finland?
and what are the ones right of hungary; are they bulgaria, slovenia(?) and spain? why is spain counted as an axis power when they were neutral?
and where's thailand?

>what's the one between italy and finland?
Romania

hey we are slavicized germanics as well

memes

>Could somebody explain?
genuine nazis are retarded and if they happen to be somewhat smart they form alliances to reach their goals, meaning they probably considered the slav countries they were "allied" to less inferior as russians/soviets

Now if only they thought the same of the non-Russians enough to give them some semblance of self-determination, they might have been able to win

the US would still be too powerful and the nazi leadership still too retarded, they would have found a way to fuck it up

>Between Italy and Finland
Romania
>Right of Hungary
Bulgaria, Slovakia and Nationalist Spain

Well, it would have been pretty hard to win if they had the east sown up with loyal Slav nationalists, at least wouldn't be a 1945 loss

thanks. I still don't get why this has spain instead of thailand desu. and if we're including fucking slovakia we might as well have the other puppet states/occupation govts like manchukuo in there

It's a Wehraboo image, they don't give a shit about the Pacific

the US would still have developed the nuke far earlier, an invasion of the UK would still take years to prepare (considering the superiority of RAF, USAAF, Royal & US Navy) and Germany would have likely been bombed with nukes, but I get your point.

I guess because Spain was fascist but it also left out Portugal was which just like Spain

true
good point. not to mention that portugal was also neutral

fpbp, /thread, and the only true answer should have been:

severe autism

I often wonder how palatable dropping a nuke on Germany would be, I mean it worked in Japan (for about a decade) because they characterized them as evil slanty fucks but I don't think it would go down as well for a population overwhelmingly descended from German settlers steeped in the same culture

Those Japs and their white supremacy

>maybe

You realize we specifically let Hitler grow powerful to form a buffer zone from the communists?

if the population of the US and UK would have known the impact of regular bombs and especially incendiary bombs their reaction shouldn't have been that different. The nukes killed many in one blast, but e.g. the firebombing of Tokyo was far worse. Still, I believe through propaganda the population would have accepted it, also considering that all these Germans in the US were already (more or less) forced to adapt during ww1 and probably felt more like americans than germans

Japanese are Aryan, apparently

What reality? Do you have any proof?

Their policies were not set in stone and they reflected the situation. When there was a need, they used whatever alliance they could find. If it meant making up stories (such as the story of Croats being Goths), so be it. They most certainly didn't have a problem with employing collaborators and at the same time opressing their kin (for example, Ukrainian nationalists or the Slovene White guard).

I think there would be a lot more genuine sympathy for WW2-era Germany if it had been nuked.

>The nukes killed many in one blast, but e.g. the firebombing of Tokyo was far worse
But that's the allure, even today no one gives a shit about Tokyo turning into a giant lantern (even the Japanese for the most part) when Hiroshima went BOOM, it's fascinating how one act of mass death is overshone by one that caused less but did so expediently

The power to suck on my dick

>What reality? Do you have any proof?
some rich bankers happen to be jewish so that's somehow proof of an evil zionist conspiracy to take over the world.
also some of the OG bolsheviks were also jews so both capitalism and communism are somehow jewish.
PS don't forget to visit infowarsstore.com and buy your brain force pills and official alex jones™ bivouac so the globalists don't put you in a fema camp

fair enough

I don't see why?
Do you mean because it would be more obvious today that innocent germans also fell victim to this war?

>Do you mean because it would be more obvious today that innocent germans also fell victim to this war?
not him but maybe. you could argue that the bombing of Dresden (for example) would have more of an impact on the public imagination if there was more awareness of it; or to put it more accurately if people gave a shit in the first place.
>tfw my granddad was an RAF bombardier and I unironically post DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS on wehraboo threads whenever I see them

Because consider all the sympathy that WW2-era Japan gets just because they were nuked. The fact that the war ended with nukes being dropped on Japan is perhaps the single most well known fact about the Pacific Theatre of WW2. If Germany had been nuked, then there is no reason to believe it would be any different there.

There's a sort of relativism born out of the post war, I'm sure no one batted an eyelid with headlines about Dresden and Tokyo getting incinerated considering the environment at the time, and that's why no one cares. But when part of the post-war world is built on nuclear deterrence, when contemporary people are fucked up by nuclear testing carried out in your lifetime, it lends a whole new perspective to it's effects

i see.
triggering wehraboos is fine, as long as you are aware that the bombings were wrong. I mean people make jokes about the holocaust, but that doesn't mean they don't understand how bad it was.

Freedom mostly, breaking the chains of modern slavery via banking cartels, degeneracy and trying to improve ourselves rather then embracing all sort of degenerate behavior like we do now "anything goes as long as it doesn't hurt me personally".

>>Nazis claim slavs are subhumans
>>Have "alliance" with nominally independent slavic states, e.g. Slovakia

Gee maybe you were lied to.

>Hjalmar Horace Greeley Schacht (22 January 1877 – 3 June 1970) was a German economist, banker, liberal politician, and co-founder in 1918 of the German Democratic Party. He served as the Currency Commissioner and President of the Reichsbank under the Weimar Republic. He was a fierce critic of his country's post-World War I reparation obligations.
>Literally a fucking banker

>>/pol/

this is what you fucks sound like to me

(((you)))

add this one to your collection then fuck off back to your containment board

Yes, we must be accurate. They considered parts of the subjugated Slavic nations subhuman and to be either deported or murdered, part not quite good enough to be assimilated but rather to be used as slave labour, while the "lucky" portion would be resettled and assimilated. Some proved helpful and became collaborators, either nation-wide (Slovakia, Bulgaria and Croatia) or in a smaller number (Ukraine, Slovenia).

To be fair Germany had no designs on shit land like Bulgaria and Croatia, they wanted the good soil in Ukraine mostly so they could do what Napoleon couldn't and survive the blockade

That's a shit post full of nonsense. Even a cursory glance at /pol/ threads proves it wrong.