Can someone explain to me what the deal with Uyghurs is...

Can someone explain to me what the deal with Uyghurs is? Evidently they're Muslim Turkic speakers who wuz Indo-Europeans and shit? And they're often agitating for autonomy from China?

>muslims
Getting HAN-D. They won't exist in 50 years due to Han migration.

Sad! Aren't the Hans doing the same thing to Tibet btw?

>autonomy from China
But wasn't most of Xinjiang actually Dzungar territory?

The Uyghurs were Turkics who migrated into the Tarim Basin sometime between the 900s-1000s AD following the fall of their Khanate in Central Asia.

The place was highly strategic considering it was the doormat to China and the first stop in the Silk Route out of the Empire (westwards). When the Uyghurs arrived, the place was already populated by Indo-Iranic kingdoms - most notably Khotan, which was in decline at the time- the Uyghurs pretty much interbred with these people.

Following their takeover the Uyghurs really just set themselves up as lords over small kingdoms, frequently competing with one another. During that time period they also converted to Islam, abandoning their Manichean/Buddhist faith.

The Uyghurs largely ran their own show in Xiyu ("The Western Regions". Currently Xinjiang) largely by their own, only interrupted by the Mongol Conquest. Initially the ones closest to Chinese borders were its tributaries.

The Uyghurs became direct Chinese subjects following the Dzungar war, in which the Uyghurs sided with either of the two. Following the Qing Victory, the Qing Court settled loads of Uyghur, Mongol, and Han colonists in Xiyu, effectively making it Chinese territory.

>And they're often agitating for autonomy from China?
1) They already are autonomous.
2) If you meant independent, blame Russian hijinks for that. During the great game, the Russians memed Turkic nationalism among the Uyghurs to justify grabbing that region away from Qing China. Admirably for the declining Qing, they managed to hold onto the region. However the problem of Uyghur nationalism continues to plague the region.

They got genocided. The Qing rulers turned it into a Muslim state and encouraged Uyghurs to move there.

Yes. And Australia, New Zealand, and western Canada.

oi cunt, delete this

Very informative, thank you for the high quality reply. Quick question: in the west we have Sinologists who study China; does China have any kind of equivalent tradition of studying the west, or do they just not give a fuck about us?

>cutting valuable rope

There are many universities in China which offer courses on European studies.

I'm a Filipino Seanigger and I do know Asian universities all have European Studies.

This is the course track from which the nerdy Chinese/Japanese/Korean college girls who love Paris n shit come from

Uighurs are lovely people, and have a real sense of hospitality, unlike the fake-as-fuck Chinee.

they're looked down on and treated as gypsies if not worse in parts of China outside their homeland, and treated like shit within it.

you'll find them manning kebab stalls in nightmarkets in Chinese cities, or hawking dried fruits and the like around on carts.

not at all fundamental islamists as the govt likes to make them out to be; they're decent people generally, but have been pushed into the dirt and reduced to general scumminess. shame really.

ps: some of the women are really attractive.

You're not really Asian though

Lol what? Southeast Asians are definitely Asian

Han chinese treat anyone not Han as barbarian. Han chauvinism is a real thing that the government is trying to suppress but is ingrained in the minds of Han. So if you're not Han (Uighur/Tibetans/Mongolians/Dark skin/Koreans/Japs/Whites/Blacks), be prepared to be looked down on.

>Uighurs are lovely people, and have a real sense of hospitality, unlike the fake-as-fuck Chinee.
*stabs you and your friends*
*bombs your kindergarten*

Filipinos are not Asian

that has been my experience, at any rate. that includes having had some very good Uighur friends, and not having been stabbed once.

you on the other hand are part of the soul-destroying Chine-machine that means that old folks fall off buses and no one dares to pick them up, kids get mowed down by trucks and no one bats an eyelid.

your kindergartens get blown and stabbed up by your own people on a daily basis because the cops/govt are so fucking corrupt disgruntled people feel they have no choice, and because mental health services are non-existent.

any shit some legit pissed-off Uighurs get up to pales into insignificance next to the monumental fuck-uppery the Chinese perpetrate against themselves and others on a now-global scale.

Not an argument considering the retarded ways Anglo/Anglo-Americans use "Asian."

*bombs a market stall*

They don't want to be part of China, the Chinese are quite literally trying to wipe out their culture, language and religion. Their religion is Islam and due to that they turn to it in an extreme form and retaliate against China in a method full of religious fervour, i.e. terrorism.

For example the Chinese government has now made the name Muhammad illegal for newborns.

what are they then?

>They don't want to be part of China, the Chinese are quite literally trying to wipe out their culture, language and religion.

>Literally has affirmitive action propgrams for them and are exempted from One-Child-Policy
K

some kind of polynesian breed I guess

would love to see some Chinese affirmative action vids: let's chuck the Tibetan under the bus first, kek/

>some kind of polynesian breed I guess
Literally only California Filipinos say this to make them sound special.

that figures - with all those massive Samoans around, who the fuck would dare dis the polynesians?

They're closer to them than other Asians
They don't even have an Asian culture

>They don't even have an Asian culture.
>The only spic holding with its own language.
>Said language related to Indo-Malay.
>Shitloads of Chinese/Chinese halfbreeds.
Ok

Jesus what is "Asian Culture" to even begin with. That covers shit from the Middle East to East Asia. Fucking Americans, I swear.

>mao goes Han chauvanism and tells Han to create babies like mad so even if America kills half a billion people, there'd still be more Han than Americans
>decade later, Mao dies and Deng rises.
>Deng realizes population growth is unsustainable and limits Han procreation
>decades later Chinks rise up and think non-Han have it real good because they didn't "suffer" from One Child policy
K E K

You really don't get how this shit works, do you?

Non-Han are treated like trash in China.