I bought this book without knowing its infamy because the sale was for charity. Is it even worth reading?

I bought this book without knowing its infamy because the sale was for charity. Is it even worth reading?

It's interesting fan fiction.

that bad?

It's bad cause it pretends to be serious historical book which it isn't. It's hogwash.

I got it at a second-hand bookstore. It has the cover flipped and reversed. Upside-down and front to back.

>. Is it even worth reading?

If you want to see the best (as in worst) example of psuedo history read it. It is also proof of the profitability of selling comforting mistruths

I can literally fucking tell from the title alone that its a complete meme.

Read it as an exercise in critiquing pseudohistory

>Tfw I actually believed it until my dad told me that it was fake

I'm completely ignorant, what does the book claim and why is it wrong?

It claims that Zheng He actually sailed east and reached Mexico. It's wrong because there are very clear records about where Zheng actually went.

He has another book where he claims Zheng He then sailed to fucking Italy as if a treasure fleet coming to port in Florence wouldn't have caused an uproar and tuned the Europeans' world upside down. A goddamn rhinoceros was enough to make the news all over Europe a century later, image their reaction to those ginormous ships that we still cream ourselves over, nevermind whatever they would be carrying.

>coming to port in Florence
Jesus, I'm retarded

So this guy is a china-boo who claims that China secretly did everything and then never told anybody about it?

holy shit i bought this book like ten years ago so i had something to read while on vacation. i never got around to reading it and it's been sitting on my shelf since then, glad i never read it.

Pretty much.

But it is fact, that chinese sailors travelled to kenya, and some of them stayed and slept with the locals, but its not very well known, why couldn't the same be said about them travelling to Europe? Historians know that the chinese traveled not to conquer but just show off their prestige. They could of landed, then left.

Well, you know how Chinese people hate to brag and always downplay their civilization's achievements.

No, the best psuedo-history is that Russiaboo one about how all of Europe was controlled by Russia until the (((Romanovs))) ruined everything

>why couldn't the same be said about them travelling to Europe?
Because Europe was the densely-populated birthplace of Western civilization and Kenya was a largely empty slave-and-elephant hunting ground for Arabian adventurers?

Why do we know they landed in Kenya but not in Italy?

Simple knowledge of geography would tell you why it is much more difficult to get from China to Italy than to go from China to Kenya. Especially since the Suez Canal doesn't exist yet. Without the canal, going from China to Italy by boat means going the entire way around the entire land mass of Africa.

You misunderstand my question. I'm asking why, if they landed in Italy, we didn't hear about it from Western or Chinese sources.

I accidentally replied to the wrong person.

its a meme because china already knew a lot about the rest of the world