I think Hinduism is really cool. However...

I think Hinduism is really cool. However, my grandfather himself had to escape essentially what was a genocide when Pakistan was partitioned from India. I'm just part Pakistani, the rest is white I live in Los Angeles, I'm a normalfag. But, I had more respect for my grandfather than anyone on this planet. After the partition, He still lived on the Indian side (so really I'm Indian) so he rode a bicycle for miles and miles with his 5 year old brother on the handle bars to escape the brutality, he was 16. He ended up in a refugee camp and reunited with his family where his infant sister caught some sort of infection because of the conditions and went permanently blind. He then rode his bike 38 miles each way during a flood to turn in a college application while living at that camp. Went to university of Karachi and got a bachelors in engineering, all while supporting his family. He was then selected as one of two people in the world for a scholarship to UC Berkeley in California. He got a full scholarship to get his masters in civil engineering and nobody in our family has ever had to worry about money since. He moved all his kids to Southern California, everyone got educated and does great things.
Nobody on that side of the family is really a "devout" Muslim, but Is just think it would be really disrespectful of his memory to get into Hinduism, even tho I think its philosophies are really cool. My grandfather told me himself he didn't believe in god at all, but he still would participate in all holidays and everything because it was his culture. My grandfather never even had a sip of alcohol or a drug in his life. I smoke weed, drink, and now, I feel like to be Hindu when he and my relatives were victimized to an extreme degree by Hindus is just too much.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5SIFrRs7Vg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_painting
thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/how-genetics-is-settling-the-aryan-migration-debate/article19090301.ece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyeus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyaus_Pita
academia.edu/25019103/Indra_Zeus_and_Thor_A_Comparative_Study_of_Indo-European_Mythology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hindu mythology is cool AF
their art sucks horribly
Does being a hindu require you to openly admit you're a Hindu or can you just pay lip service to your families traditions while being a Hindu in secret? You could be like your grandpa; still following muslim traditions when he didn't believe in god?

Hinduism is full of bullshit yogis who get high all day, you'll fit right in

google Kabir
there's nothing disrespectful in diving into any religion whatever your ancestors' religion was
especially if it was strictly a cultural thing
also read about kashmir shaivism

WEW!!

Fuck Jinnah & Gandhi for fucking our families man.
> Also decsendent of a refugee family on the east side.
> Mine came from Pabna,east pakistan.

Current hindu art is based off 19th century romanticism that indian painters got inspired by and then the religious ossification post independence has ruined hindu art.

>tfw deviantart has pretty cool artwork of mythological characters but peasants will get triggered by it.

Also, have you tried praying to local pirs and fakirs?
Saibaba for example is a hindu and muslim religious icon in western india.

At least it got rid of the paki cancer in india.

interesting, thanks

post some cool artwork

The Islamic conquest of India was brutal as fuck, I don't think you have a whole to lot worry about.
Just practice in secret for a bit to see if it's actually something you'll believe in rather than a phase were you get caught up in aesthetics and some surface philosophy

I think you drinking and smoking is more of a disrespect to his legacy than you learning Hinduism.

Just do it
If you're worried about disrespecting his memory and culture, basically by your own admission you already have.

You should watch Ramchand Pakistani if you haven't already.

sikhism is the middle way

true

>their art sucks horribly
I agree. The hindu authorities should go back to the ancient aesthetics and ban any kind of depiction that deviates from this canon.

Compare the dignity and simplicity of pic related...

With this piece of kitsch.

There is nothing wrong with kitsch.

look for molee on deviantart. He has a very unique perspective on drawing mythological characters.

>carefully crafted bronze sculp made by master craftsmen in ages past.
>shitty chinese mold casted (((devotional))) statue

If you think Hindu art is bad I'm sorry to inform you that you have terminally shit taste.

Mixed kids always identify with the race of the father, anyone else noticed this?

This, I have no clue what the plebs above are even talking about, Hindu aesthetics are literally up there with the best of any religion/spiritual discipline out there. Nice painting btw, always loved that artwork.

This is literally one of the only good ones. The rest are like

I you really comparing some ancient bronze statue to a little figurine you'd buy at kohl's? That's not really a fair comparison.

Why didn't he just move to Pakistan?

why do all hindu religious pics look like acid trip visuals.

>le hindu art sucks

good one

This.

Oh shit. I just realized the ancient temples might have been painted too!

Please don´t let it be so, it´s so much better without it.

Isn't that the Kapaleeshwarar temple? Damn, I live like, a kilometre from there

Vedic period is very interesting, indo-europeans mixed with locals

One thing is for certain. Hindus are an ancient people, from one of the most sophisticated civilizations of the ancient world, and they kept alive their language and traditions to this day, despite many invasions. And this is very impressive.

Imagine being able to talk with a Sumerian, or a Babylonian, or an ancient Egyptian on the internet about their religions. We can´t, because these people were cucked out of their ancient languages and religions by Islam etc.

It´s actually a privilege to be able to converse with actual hindus on the internet about the gods they have worshipped for thousands of years.

>Sumerian, or a Babylonian, or an ancient Egyptian
Dont blame islam on those, by the time they arrived those cultures were already destroyed due to Christianity and Hellenism and Zoroastrianism

>we wuz european and we created da vedas and bought it to the indian subcontinent

yeah, no. fuck off with your we wuzism.

>Dont blame islam on those
k

youtube.com/watch?v=l5SIFrRs7Vg

I'm not saying that, what I'm saying is europeans who migrated to india who mixed with locals created the vedics, therefore it has both european and indian influences, Dyaus Pita for exampe

rig vedas were written in sanskrit sanskrit is more closer to european languages than the dravidian languages

I'm not saying interractions did not happened, I mean Indra himself is a major borrowing

I personally prefer their poetry over ancient greek poetry

You can hate islam all you like, I don't care I'm not a muslim, I don't like that sandnigger religion either

but most destruction happened under Christianity. In Egypt for example many carvings of gods are vandalized not by muslims but by Copts, Zoroastrianism also supressed many religions under sassanian period, read the inscription of Kartir

If mohammad didnt existed we still wouldnt have ancient sumer, babylon and egypt

Languages mean jack shit. The spread of language have had to be done in order for people from different ancient civilizations could communicate, trade, or wage war against each other. The Africans who live in what is now called "Haiti" have nothing in common with the people of France because their language have similarities.

What is the predominant religion in the regions you mentioned?

Why the fuck whenever indo-european migration topic is broached evey indian interprets its as if some millitary invasion
Indians have an inferiority complex due to british invasion.
>How dare they suggest europeans came 3000 years ago just like british and killed and raped us

No one says what, what people say is that europeans came and interracted with the locals, sometimes killed, sometimes be killed, traded goods exchanged ideas.
Everyone except the nationalistic indians accept this as a fact. Vedic Religion is an amalgamation of those ideas. You have gods from india, gods that are mentioned in iranian avesta, gods from greco-roman pantheon (of course hindu dyeus lost prominence compared to jupiter/zeus)

Instead you saw it as if a big dick waving contest, Again, no one but delusional hindus reject this and you can play your revisionist bullshit as you please.

By the time rig vedas were written the religion of the people who came had changed tremendously anyways, Vedic religion was far more indian than european but it has the most `european` influence thats why I find it interesting. It has a reference to Zeus albeit as I said the god become very miniscule by then, with Indra who is definitely a new god adopted into the religion. After Vedic era the religino becomes very foreign.

Thats why I like Vedic Religion, which I distinguish from hinduism in general.

During the time people chimped out and destroyed temples and statues ? Zoroastrianism and Christianity

Mudslimes didn't had pagan many things to destroy as most were raped by previous fuckers

Aryan invasion is proved by genetic studies too.

It´s not just language, it´s mythology and social organization as well.

Any books recommendations to get into Indian mythology?

Also, are there ancient "tragedies", "comedies" or anything that resembles a novel that tells the story of any gods or heroes?

Post more hindu art. Ancient pls

>Indians have an inferiority complex due to british invasion.

What did he mean by this?

Show me.

The eternal one strikes again.

You know what I mean, its typical indian revisionism about aryan migrations
>dem eternal anglos came and massaccered us therefore any implication of ancient white niggers coming are eternal anglo lies.

Which is funny because again people who chanted the rig vedas were already heavily influenced by locals, it works both ways. I consider Vedic Religion far more indian than european, it is definitely not a `european` religion, maybe %3-4 zoroastrianism (all that daevas/ashuras and pandeamonion) and %1-2 'european' religion.

What I meant was those little perchantages, that it was nice to see those, just as you can see some etruscan influence in roman religion (albeit etruscan influence is way higher) but I always get interpreted as if I'm implying white men brough Indra from the ukranian steppes and forced pajeets to bow down to it.

>You know what I mean, its typical indian revisionism about aryan migrations

You do realize that it was British/European Indologist who came up with this theory right? Are Indians incapable of learning their own history or do they need to be taught by some outside source?

I should correct myself, persian/iranian religion than Zoroastrianism, nevermind the fact that Zoroastrianism of Zoroaster and Achaemenids were hardly monotheistic.

Iranian-Indian religious interraction is also very interesting, the whole opposite demonization of daevas and asuras etc

This is my personal favorite style.

>Mughal-style miniature paintings are still being created today by a small number of artists in Lahore concentrated mainly in the National College of Arts. Although many of these miniatures are skillful copies of the originals, some artists have produced contemporary works using classic methods with, at times, remarkable artistic effect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal_painting

read what I said here >
No one says what, what people say is that europeans came and interracted with the locals, sometimes killed, sometimes be killed, traded goods exchanged ideas.
Everyone except the nationalistic indians accept this as a fact. Vedic Religion is an amalgamation of those ideas. You have gods from india, gods that are mentioned in iranian avesta, gods from greco-roman pantheon (of course hindu dyeus lost prominence compared to jupiter/zeus)
> Are Indians incapable of learning their own history or do they need to be taught by some outside source?
I'm saying they are heavly biased due to their feels, no one outside india accepts their theory, and that is not due to being bitter or being anglo.
Everyone except the nationalist indians believe in the aryan interraction, only indians refuse to believe it and as I said that is due to their beef with the brits

That does not mean vedic religion is european, vedic religion is a religion of people who started as europeans but later on mixed heavily with other nations, developing its own identity

Again Sanskrit is more close to latin and greek than dravidian languages, You have Zeus in both Greek texts and Rig Veda but the most popular god in Vedic Pantheon, Indra is deffinetly a new god , or perhaps an amalgamation of gods.

You talk as if influence happens on one way, but it works bothways

>Sanskrit is more close to latin and greek than dravidian language

Wrong. There are literally Dravidian words that are found in Sanskrit.

Absolute waifu Radha. This one and the former are probably modern, but they skillfully reproduce the Mughal style.

Thats because they interracted with Dravidians later on .

Turks have arabic and persian words because they interracted with arabs and persians, but grammatically they are not arabic or iranian but turkic as in the central asia

>Prthu chases the goddess earth, from an illustrated manuscript of the Bhagavata Purana
Indian, Pahari, about 1740

meant for

>Again Sanskrit is more close to latin and greek than dravidian languages, You have Zeus in both Greek texts and Rig Veda but the most popular god in Vedic Pantheon, Indra is deffinetly a new god , or perhaps an amalgamation of gods.

How is Indra compared to Zeus?

>Krishna milking, accomanied by step-parents Yashoda and Nanda. Marwar, circa 1840-60

You're making the implication that words can only be transferred to the Dravidian language and not vice versa.

thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/how-genetics-is-settling-the-aryan-migration-debate/article19090301.ece

Although it's pretty obvious from the archaeological, linguistic and historical evidence. Only dravidian WEWUZers deny that the aryan invasion happened.

Forgot picture.

>archaeological, linguistic and historical evidence.

Who conducted these studies?

Indra got a lot of the lightning bolt memes that other Indo-European deities had, but interestingly in Rig Veda you have the major got, dyeus faded into obscurity while the Greek Dyeus continued under Zeus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyeus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyaus_Pita

No I do not I'm sure arabs and persian have many turkic words too. same with Dravidians

Vocabulary is easy to transfer, grammar and syntax are, take a look at this map see where turkey, with all those arab and persian words stand.

Same with Sanskrit, Sanskrit of course borrowed a lot of local indian vocab but in its core its european,

Lewd.

>Bahsoli painting of Radha and Krishna in Discussion, (An illustration from Gita Govinda) Gouache on paper circa 1730

Another image for you, the connection is undeniable

Thats why many indian revisionists argue, out of india theory. Basically `it is not europeans that came, it was us who came to europe, thats why languages are similar`

Out of india is bullshit but far more believable than to claim sanskrit has no relationship to european languages

to add, grammar and syntax is harder to change than vocab, but even after all those interractions in india plenty of sanskrit words maintained their european roots.

The Dravidian word for "one" has more in common with the European languages than Sanskrit one. Is Dravidian not a "Indo-European" language? This chart doesn't really prove anything. Some of these words have nothing in common with each other.

As well as "father".

King and God as well

Dravidian is not an indo european language. It takes more than vocabulary to define which family the language belongs to, again grammar, syntax, the usage of dental/palatals

Language family basically means a common ancestor. Sanskrit for example derrived from Indo-Iranian languages, which in turn derrived from proto indo iranian, which in turn derrived from proto indo european.

indo european is the common ancestor sanskrit have with latin, greek, english and spanish. Latin is not the grandfather of Sanskrit, latin is the cousin of sanskrit. If this is a better explanation for you

Also take a look at this map, sanskrit has more in common with Iranian langauges than say polish, because both iranian and sanskrit languages come from the same family, If Latin is the distant cousing Avestan is a very close cousin.

Again, your feeding me bullshit theories created by eurocentrist to someone who actually knows the language.

>Sanskrit for example derrived from Indo-Iranian languages

Explain why the words "Aryan" have different meanings in Iranian and Sanskrit?

>we wuz creator of language and shiet

LMAO it´s pretty non-controversial subject among linguists that Sanskrit derives from PIE.

>linguists
who are these linguists?

You absolutely have no idea about language families mean
>It shares some vocabulary
>Therefore it is same family
A turk can understand many words from arabic and persian, that doesnt mean turkish belongs to arabic or persian language families, In fact sanskrit is closer to iranian languages than turkish is.

I will repeat somehing that I said in my first, my first fucking post. The only people who label this as `eurocentric` and bullshit are the revisionist indians What I suggest you is hit reddit, ask for a linguist who is not an european and talk to him about this

The bullshit theory you slander is only rejected by indians, again due to their nationailistic feels

Sanskrit derrived from Indo Aryan which derrived from Indo-Iranian, which broached into persian and indian languages, Indo-Iranian was derrived from Proto Indo Iranian and that derrived from Indo European

Indo Aryan has a brother called Iranian, it has distant relatives from a common great great grandfather, latin , greek etc are those distant relatives.

Indo Aryan has a son called Sanskrit, he borrowed some lingo of his dravidian friends due to playing together.

and Indra is a demon in Avestan myth again vocabulary is a bad indication, one needs to look at grammar and syntax

Follow the link.

evil white men

Again, what do Indra and Zeus have in common?

Give me an actual link to the study. A journalist who writes for some Hindu news website doesn't make your claim any credible.

YHWH tells Joshua to use a prostitute to spy for him and Jew Jericho out of existence.
Krishna tells Arjuna to face his enemies upfront and honorably.

Which one is more based?

My last post as I have to sleep but
Here is an advice
email linguist departments that are not from india

ask them two, just two simple questions
-Is Sanskrit belongs to the same family with Dravidian languages? If not why?
-Are persian and indic grammars similar? If so Why there persian and indic languages have a similar grammar?
Indians are sadly disagree with concensus due to revisionist history. again it is okay to accept interractions between people
Romans, fucking Romans worshipped Mitra, the fucking mitra that is in hindu texts Religions interract, languages get adopted gods move around, new gods are invented and old gods are forgotten, shit happens
Again going back to my original point,I absolutely wholeheartedly claim Vedic Religion is not european but Indian. Sanskrits european origins cannot be denied, or let me rephrase it is not denied by anyone except indian nationalists. Just as turkish in turkey have many arabic and persian words but the grammar and syntax is closer to central asian turkic, so too is sanskrit having closer grammar-synaxtical relations with european, particularly iranian langages

I used turks a lot because turks and turkish have many similarities with Aryan migrations, both were genetically asimilated into the locals, your average turks might not understand greek or armenian but he deffinetly looks like him. What happened was locals interracting with new comers and adopting their language,

last post g2g

The Zeus of Vedic Religion is not Indra but Dyaus Pita, both derrived from proto indo european Dyeus sadly while Greeks glorified him by the time rig vedas were chanted he already lost his importance with Indra taking over. But the linguistic similaritiy remains Dyauṣpitṛ / Zeus Pater. Both meanng sky father

for your question, here is something i found

academia.edu/25019103/Indra_Zeus_and_Thor_A_Comparative_Study_of_Indo-European_Mythology

written by an indian none the less

If you want a more scholarly research
See Eddas and Vedas: Comparative Mythology and the Aryan Invasion Hypothesis

this work is also cited in the more amateurish essay I linked to you

Reminder that Christianity is a type of Judaism, and thus completely alien to the Indo-European mentality if not for the Platonism and Stoic philosophy that more or less influenced it.

He also talks against Aryan invasion theory, this is a side note I know but I like his comparisson work even though I don't agree with him on some of his conclusions (him being in the lalalal no evidence camp)

anyways last post truly this time