>Napoleon was a Captain at 22
>I'm still working the same shitty desk job at 26

It's over, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Buonaparte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Wen_of_Jin
youtube.com/watch?v=cJRHO99ZLnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't forget Caesar wept when he saw a statue of Alexander, because he thought the same thing.

he was born nobility, you were likely born to a middle class family whose buying power shrunk as you grew, thus dooming you to wagecuckholdry. also it's stupid to compare yourself to just anyone. compare yourself to your parents. anyone else is too different for a comparison to mean anything.

>he was born nobility
>Napoleon

Please Veeky Forums...

shut the fuck up

You're being too easy on yourself. At 24 he was already a Brigadier-General. At 26 he was General of the Army of Italy.

JUST

Technically he is correct, Napoleon was born right before his father got officially ennobled.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Buonaparte

In April 1770, the French administration created a Corsican Order of Nobility. He became an advocate of the Superior Council of Corsica on 11 December 1769 and a Substitute Procurator of the King of France in Ajaccio in October 1770. Carlo already possessed the title of a "Noble Patrician of Tuscany" (Nobile Patrizio di Toscana) since 1769 by permission of the Archbishop of Pisa due to his ancestry, and had his nobility confirmed on 13 September 1771. He then became the assessor of the Royal Jurisdiction of Ajaccio in February 1771, Deputy of the Nobility in the General States of Corsica on 13 September 1771, Member of the Council of the Twelve Nobles of Dila (Western Corsica) in May 1772, Deputy of the Nobility of Corsica at the Royal French Court in July 1777 and finally he was named Corsica's Representative to the Court of Louis XVI of France at Versailles in 1778.[8]

The age of heroes is dead, there are no Napoleons anymore.

Leave Wellington to me.

We just call them warlords and turn them into villains.

Trump is a jester crowned a king.

i read that too. good point user

Damn, they look quite similar.

Reddit

They said the exact same things about Bonaparte.

>As far as the cyber, I agree to parts of what Secretary Clinton said. We should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we’re not. I don’t think anybody knows that it was Russia that broke into the DNC. She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia—I don't, maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, okay?

>We came in with the Internet. We came up with the Internet. And I think Secretary Clinton and myself would agree very much, when you look at what ISIS is doing with the Internet, they’re beating us at our own game. ISIS.

>So we had to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is a huge problem. I have a son—he’s 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers. It’s unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe, it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that’s true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester. And certainly cyber is one of them.

Truly a bastion of wit, I haven't seen such eloquence since Napoleon's code.

Don't divert this thread into a discussion about your reddit topics, thanks.

This guy became general-lieutenant at 26 and commanded the entire Czechoslovak legion of about 60-80 000 soldiers in WW1 and Russian Civil War.

You can still do it user. You won't be a general who conquered all Europe but at least you can become a politician and help your country/shit on other countries, become high class so you culd have some influence, etc.

There are plenty of opportunities user, don't stop dreaming.

The thing is that Napoleon only came into the power he ultimately possessed because of the french revolution. Modern states by contrast know now that you have to buy off the plebs, so no such opportunity will arise for you or anyone like you barring a serious outside context problem sort of situation.

To be fair, it's gotten a lot harder. The strategies that worked in the past will definitely not work in this modern era, because modern politicians are fully aware of what happened back then and have covered those back doors. Thus you have to find new ones.

In all reality there won't be single great men anymore, but you might have a chance if you have friends and allies.

Of course, the UK started, and over time got another handful of countries, particularly France, the US and now Germany, united under the idea that people like Napoleon shouldn't exists.

Someone will come who will make them eat their own dicks someday, and I hope I live to see it.

20s was the new 30s due to life expectancy.

THIS is the man who has the nuclear codes? Impeach now!

Read a book some time, Napoleon was able to get into a military academy (and get free tuition) because his father was able to prove he was from a patrician family when France integrated Corsica. Without that he never would have received such an education.

Hitler was a shitty gefreiter. Don't give up.

>Caring to be that important
Why do you tend to forget the huge responsibilities that come with those ranks?
You couldn't shitpost freely if you were trying to emulate Napoleon.
Then again, what are your lifetime wishes? If you wish to become the next world leader, or a important political figure, maybre you should have thought it better before spending your free time in this North Korean sightseeing appreciation forum.
On the other hand, if you aim for something more earthly, them you may be O.K. You may want to rethink about your shitty tho.

If Napoleon was born in this age he wouldnt write history. he may be a uni student playin vidya and masturbating.
you are good user. i am sure you find it sweet to dramtize shit like this you maschoist.

>you are good user. i am sure you find it sweet to dramtize shit like this you maschoist.

Ya got me

Not everyone can be the greatest, user.

Do your best, and recognize/follow greatness wherever you see it.

Mehmed II conquered Constantinople brought the end to Roman empire at the age of 21

I will probably be a NEET

The only Great Men left are probably artists. Politics and war got too convoluted and dirty to be worthy of genius anymore.

He'd probaly get straight to a recruitment office to whoop ass in Iraq or wherever

Oliver Cromwell never fired a gun and did nothing of note until he was 43.

You still got time.

>Politics and war got too convoluted and dirty to be worthy of genius anymore.

I think it has always been like that. Also if Trump's presidential campaign wasn't genius, I don't know what it

>compare yourself to your parents

>father graduated with an engineering degree at 22
>I'm 23 and a college dropout doing wagecuckery
It's over, isn't it?

Eh, I doubt it. The West can't stand going to war anymore even with a 1000:1 k/d ratio, and their economies don't need that sort of disturbance.

Since WWII warlords have been mostly active in the less developed parts of the world, usually with an anticolonialist, communist and/or kleptocratic agenda, obviously the Powers That Be had every reason to hush or denounce their victories.

The closest thing to Napoleon in the developed world was probably Ataturk.

Zhu Yuanzhang was born into a peasant family without any learning or culture. His birthname was actually Chongba, "Double Eight." His father's birthname was Zhu Wusi, "Five Four," his grandfather was Zhu Xinnian, "New Year." Just from the names alone you can tell the family was bottom of the barrel in terms of social and economic status.

To top it all off, flood and famine kills the whole family when the kid is in his twenties. He's all alone and has to join a monastery to support himself. A few years later the monastery runs out of food itself and kicks him out. He has to go begging for food.

So you have a twenty-four year old kid with nothing but the clothes on his back and the pan he uses to beg for food.

Sixteen years later, he's Emperor.

>Chinese actually named their kids with numbers

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

>Sixteen years later, he's Emperor.
How?
Story kinda reminds me of Hitler

>I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.
It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, “What system are you going to be—” “Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said, “No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.”

he's a retard

>he fell for the great man meme
Read Tolstoy.

Im 23 and I don't even have a degree, a driving license or had a girlfriend yet
I find solace in the fact that I basically tried commiting suicide once when I was drunk by jumping off an abondoned pool despite there lying nails on the ground there and the shit being like 5, 6 meter high lol. I'm living off borrowed time and every day is a blessing, just here for the fun of it. And watching history unfold is great too.

And Im earning like 500 dollar a week off wacky altcoin investments anyway I'm not complaining

what about him, the only thing I know is that he is the author of irl logh.

War and Peace BTFOs the Great Man theory.

no it doesnt

Yes it does.

where are your proofs

Read the fucking book

No, its about generals anways

*invents calc at 24*

Altough it would be hypocritical to say that stroking your ego wouldn't feel nice. The motivation for a lot of people is that they (WE) feel, maybe naively, that we have things to bring to the table. New ideas, recycled old ideas, some skill or something that we could use to help the world be a better place.

Well, the west's economy is in big part dependant on some other countries staying poor. So the main scenario I picture is someone exploiting that to unite underdeveloped countries, and eventually turn them against the "first world". Or not, but just fucking it indirectly by having them develop economically, thus hindering the economies of those other countries.

Which in itself would definitely cause a war, but if we assume nobody wanted one then that's another way it could go.

>VII. Farther-Spain 20 fell to his lot as quaestor; when there, as he was going the circuit of the province, by commission from the praetor, for the administration of justice, and had reached Gades, seeing a statue of Alexander the Great in the temple of Hercules, he sighed deeply, as if weary of his sluggish life, for having performed no memorable actions at an age 21 at which Alexander had already conquered the world. He, therefore, immediately sued for his discharge, with the view of embracing the first opportunity, which might present itself in The City, of entering upon a more exalted career. In the stillness of the night following, he dreamt that he lay with his own mother; but his confusion was relieved, and his hopes were raised to the highest pitch, by the interpreters of his dream, who expounded it as an omen that he should possess universal empire; for (6) that the mother who in his sleep he had found submissive to his embraces, was no other than the earth, the common parent of all mankind.

The lives of the Twelve Caesars

*dies a virgin*

But to be completely fair. Caesar was of noble heritage and he was at the time governor of Iberia I believe.

Most of us are retarded neets with no inherent skills.
Or at least I am.

guy was an equites which was the Roman parallel to the middle class

Honest question here, what's the best way to get political influence without becoming a politician or a journalist ?

Be an army officer in a third world country.

start a business

MASS-QOIST

money

blackmail

The ultra-common Japanese names Tarou/Ichirou, Jirou, Saburou, Shirou, Gorou etc literally mean "First son", "second son" etc

When they felt creative they added a prefix for a compound, like in Shintarou, Kintarou, Yuujirou, Eijirou, or a standard suffix (-maru, -kichi etc) Sometimes they dropped the -rou counter so Yuujirou became Yuuji.

It's all very depressing somehow.

>Octavian

Business. Especially if you make a huge one. The likes of Boeing, Apple, Lockheed, Amazon, Microsoft, Luxotica. These people can make a huge impact.

Keep in mind, many of the great European colonies were nothing but business ventures.

Better yet:
>Quintus Septimus

To be fair that's because there were powerful families going those names, although they apparently originated in the countryside to count children long ago. It was more common for female names because they didn't matter, inversely it started at 5 for males because that's apparently when they stopped giving a fuck.

> It was more common for female names because they didn't matter,
Yeah, fuck them.
Though I do actually like the name Prima and Quinta.
>inversely it started at 5 for males because that's apparently when they stopped giving a fuck.
It's probably when they started running out of names.
>I'll name the first kid after my father, the second after my dead brother, the third after my grandfather, etc...

What if the father and the dead brother's name were numbers ? Doesnt that fuck up the whole order.

That's how you end up with so many people named Octavius actually. It doesn't matter.

Yeah. Octavian wasn't the eighth born.
His sister Octavia also wasn't the eighth born.

In both cases their father was Gaius Octavius. Octavia is actually their gens.

I killed myself before I became a wagecuck because I couldn't handle the thought of it. My ghost now haunts Veeky Forums hoping for people to stop bitching about their miserable lives and do something to stop being a wagecuckold.

No, dude.

If it truly defeats the great man theory in any meaningful way as a work of fiction, could you not tell us the logic behind it?

Not that user btw

Be Jewish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Wen_of_Jin
Thanks to Hox this guy came to mind.
>NEET for most of his life
>Finally managed to become the leader of his state at age 61
>Makes his state the strongest

Ataturk defeated 1000 Italians with 100 Turks and 100 Libyan auxilliaries when he was 21

youtube.com/watch?v=cJRHO99ZLnQ