Hi Veeky Forums, recently I've been getting more in to religion and I want to know what the key aspects, rules...

Hi Veeky Forums, recently I've been getting more in to religion and I want to know what the key aspects, rules, end goals and talking points of the three big ones are.

I never grew up with some enforced religion so all the values and teaching I've learned are through reading and researching

So far this is what I have established:
In Christianity God can be represented in The Holy Trinity. There are different interpretations of THT but the main idea is that Jesus is the true son of God and he died for the sins of all people. Jesus must be the son of God because if not, Jesus' death was in vain as the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God. Jews believe that Jesus was not the son of God but the son of Pandere (Pantera) and that the true son of God has not yet arrived. I'm not completely filled in on Islam, but they recognize that the Talmud and Christian Bible are legitimate, but they also believe that the current texts have been changed from that of antiquity, and that Islam is the answer to both other religions.

It seems the the other religions' main issue is the recognition of Jesus as The Son of God, and I know there is a dispute between Islam and Judaism about rights to Israel.

What else should I know as entry level knowledge? And is the information I have correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49iAZZ4nIhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ews believe that Jesus was not the son of God but the son of Pandere (Pantera) and that the true son of God has not yet arrived.
Jews don't believe that God has children, and that the Messiah is completely seperate from the divinity.

>I'm not completely filled in on Islam, but they recognize that the Talmud
This is wrong.

>What else should I know as entry level knowledge?
You might want to start with the fundamental role of man in each of them, which is a pretty basic thing to start with.

To correct your image: the Moon is an Islamic symbol just because it was a Turkish symbol that got associated with Islam

Also, Islam recognizes the old testament but not the new- so the bible is illegitimate.

>but they recognize that the ... Christian Bible are legitimate.

this is also false.
they have adaptation of some parts of the Hebrew and Christian bible, but they specifically contradict the originals.

it is canon in islam thats the other religions twisted the stories.

I want to know more about each religions idea of "The Second Coming"

>Jesus must be the son of God because if not, Jesus' death was in vain as the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God.

Could you rephrase that? I don't quite get what you're saying but I don't think it's right.

9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied.

9 They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Which part exactly?

Meant for

Judaism
>The Messiah comes back, enslaves all gentiles, may or may not bring the dead back to life and may or may not end death, everyone lives in paradise on earth forever. Unless you're a gentile, they you toil until you die.

Christianity
>Jesus comes back, everyone who wasn't a good Christian dies a horrible death but it's okay because everyone whose body is still intact gets to come back to life. Everyone goes up to heaven and lives happily with god in complete and utter silence or a deafening cacophony for the rest of eternity depending on your interpretation

Islam
>Jesus comes back, everyone who wasn't a Muslim gets brutally tortured and brainwashed into converting before being executed and resurrected as a Muslim. Everyone goes up to heaven and lives with god in paradise for the rest of eternity

Hinduism
>Mass bloodshed occurs, the wheel turns again and a new universe is born

Buddhism
>Mass bloodshed occurs, the wheel turns again and a new universe is born

Vajrayana Buddhism
>Islam completes its conquest of the world culminating in mass bloodshed, the wheel turns again, and a new universe is born

There are many different theories held by different denominations on what Jesus' death signifies. C.S Lewis knew a lot about this.

Think of it like every time you ask for forgiveness for a sin, God is looking to forgive but a price still needs to be payed. The price for your sin is payed by Jesus' sacrifice for you on the cross.

Muslims are comically wrong. They revere Jesus as a prophet, yet directly deny Him saying he is the messiah and the Son of God probably hundreds of times in the Bible as documented by eyewitnesses.

It's easy for Christians to deny the Quran because Mohammed was just a human prophet and needed to use force to actually establish Islam in Arabia (i.e conquering Mecca and making pagans convert). There is no force used in the Bible by the apostles after Jesus, they just walked around and let God to the talking for them i.e at Pentecost. All but one of the apostles was martyred by some horrible torture at the hands of whoever. They managed to sow the largest religion in the world without ever forcing anyone to convert.

8 But this word of the LORD came to me: 'You have shed much blood and have fought many wars. You are not to build a house for my Name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in my sight.

>>Jesus comes back, everyone who wasn't a good Christian dies a horrible death but it's okay because everyone whose body is still intact gets to come back to life. Everyone goes up to heaven and lives happily with god in complete and utter silence or a deafening cacophony for the rest of eternity depending on your interpretation

Not really. "“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him"

Just that sentence, what did you mean by

>the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God

The Nicene Creed states that Christ will "come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end."

Before Christ's return (according to Catholics, Orthodox, and many if not most Protestants) there will be a great deception by an antichrist. Protestants can have extremely divergent views on the Second Coming depending on the group, including ideas like millenarianism where Christ will reign on Earth before the Second Coming.

Also related Gregorian Chant: youtube.com/watch?v=49iAZZ4nIhI

10 Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.'

i can only speak for Judaism.
no second coming, as the first one hasn't occurred yet ofc.
the nature of the messiah coming is not clear.
for example, Maimonides version is that all the dead will rise, but will die again like normal people do.
two important repeating themes are:
- the gentiles coming to praise god and the Jews of their own volition.
- human nature would change. no more desire for war or wrongdoing.

6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

>>the death of a God is the only adequate penalty for sins judged by God
This is the reformed opinion; that God poured out all his wrath due to the sins of humanity.

Catechism of the Catholic Church says:
>604 By giving up his own Son for our sins, God manifests that his plan for us is one of benevolent love, prior to any merit on our part: "In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins." God "shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."

>The price for your sin is payed by Jesus' sacrifice for you on the cross.

Could you elaborate? Are you talking Penal Substitution?

19 "Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live.

32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

>This is the reformed opinion; that God poured out all his wrath due to the sins of humanity.

I know, I just wanted to make sure that was what he was talking about.

I'm talking about satisfaction theory of atonement

I'll elaborate. Jesus Christ suffered crucifixion as a substitute for human sin. Because Jesus' sacrifice was of infinite merit, it was enough to forgive the sins of everyone who seeks forgiveness for all time.

Islam recognizes the Torah and the Gospel. The exact meaning of that recognition has been.in dispute, but it's never been an Old vs New Testament thing.

>Jesus Christ suffered crucifixion as a substitute for human sin

That's not Satisfaction, Satisfaction is based on Christ's obedience as God and man making up for our disobedience, not him being a vicarious substitute.

Penal substitution says that Crhist was punished in place of the sinners. It's a substitutionary punishment becuase Jesus suffers instead of us.

Satisfaction says that Jesus is satisfying God, either by taking God's wrath or by expressing God's love or whatever. St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Anselm wrote about this.

Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live

>either by taking God's wrath

Absolutely not, that isn't what Anselm taught or the Catholic Church has ever taught.

Satisfaction goes something like this:

God has given to man everything man has, man owes God everything. Even if man were to live a perfect sinless life he would only be giving what God is due.

Via disobedience God is deprived of what is owed to him. This is an unjust situation.

Man alone cannot make up for this deprivation, he already owes God everything.

Christ, via his act of ultimate obedience to God as God (so that the act of obedience is the greatest, greater than man's disobedience) and man (so that is satisfies this debt on man's behalf) satisfies this debt.

This obligates humanity to Christ. It's also an act of love all around (Christ out of love for the Father obeys, Christ out of love for humanity willingly dies, the Father out of love for humanity gives his beloved Son, etc.).

When you're talking about Christ acting as a stand-in for humanity in receiving God's wrath that's a later distortion from the Reformation that messes up the relationship between the Son and Father.

>The Messiah comes back, enslaves all gentiles, may or may not bring the dead back to life and may or may not end death, everyone lives in paradise on earth forever. Unless you're a gentile, they you toil until you die.

This isn't even true. There are vague lines about how the Jews will have magical powers and the Goys will realize how powerful the Jews are and want to serve them, but there is nothing concrete. You also have to realize there have already been Messiahs. Cyrus the Great was a Messiah, he didn't run around enslaving gentiles, in fact he WAS a gentile himself.